The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leo Colgan (IRFU) take a bow!

4 posters

Go down

Leo Colgan (IRFU) take a bow! Empty Leo Colgan (IRFU) take a bow!

Post by Shifty Sat 17 Sep 2011, 10:20 pm

I may of upset people with my bitching about the refereeing standards so far in the Rabodirect this season, but tonights ref in the Dragons V Aironi game was fantastic, best refereeing performance of the year so far in the league.
He was fair to both teams, didnt let them get away with too much, but neither did he constantly whistle for silly things.
I hope we see more of him. Hug
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Leo Colgan (IRFU) take a bow! Empty Re: Leo Colgan (IRFU) take a bow!

Post by red_stag Tue 20 Sep 2011, 2:05 pm

Alyn, your comments about refereeing standards were actually overall fairly accurate in that Pro 12 refereeing has not been of an acceptable level.

However, you said that you believed the IRB have briefed referees to take it easy on the losing team and accused two Irish referees of being corrupt. That was what upset some of us.

I think lots of referees are dreadful - I don't think any are biased or actively referee a certain way to stop a team winning.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Tue 20 Sep 2011, 9:38 pm

Red stag, you want to go on the Ospreys website and have a look at some of the topics about referees and the observations of one or two of the contributors, they are scandalous.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by rhino-dragon Tue 20 Sep 2011, 11:19 pm

Referres definately tend to favour the bigger or more financially influential sides imo.

Maybe its unintentional and its certainly not the only sport it occurs in but it definately happens.

rhino-dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Wed 21 Sep 2011, 6:58 am

wayne wrote:Red stag, you want to go on the Ospreys website and have a look at some of the topics about referees and the observations of one or two of the contributors, they are scandalous.
Yes that is a fair comment, however smart Ospreys fans don't go on the Ospreys forum, because unless your one of the Ospreys Supporters Club "cliq" then your pretty much abused and driven off there. You can't really post anything on there that disagrees with the forum trolls that sit on their computers all day, looking to jump down someones throat posts something that is against the grain of the little Hitler's club. censored
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 21 Sep 2011, 9:21 am

I know Cari said the same. We were posting here about the Edinburgh v Ospreys fixture (I think you were too) and the behaviour of some (not all) Ospreys fans was deplorable.

She put something on Ospreys forum about it saying as an O's fan she was embarrassed to see how the club came across.

She said she just left it off due to all the abuse.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down