The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floyd Mayweather Jnr v A Prime Larry Merchant

+11
BALTIMORA
Adam D
zx1234
ONETWOFOREVER
AlexHuckerby
The Galveston Giant
John Bloody Wayne
LondonLion
sodhat
Sugar Floyd Louis
Steffan
15 posters

Go down

Floyd Mayweather v A prime Larry Merchant

Floyd Mayweather Jnr v A Prime Larry Merchant Vote_lcap0%Floyd Mayweather Jnr v A Prime Larry Merchant Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Floyd Mayweather Jnr v A Prime Larry Merchant Vote_lcap42%Floyd Mayweather Jnr v A Prime Larry Merchant Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 14 ]
Floyd Mayweather Jnr v A Prime Larry Merchant Vote_lcap6%Floyd Mayweather Jnr v A Prime Larry Merchant Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Floyd Mayweather Jnr v A Prime Larry Merchant Vote_lcap52%Floyd Mayweather Jnr v A Prime Larry Merchant Vote_rcap 52% 
[ 17 ]

Total Votes : 33

Floyd Mayweather Jnr v A Prime Larry Merchant Empty Floyd Mayweather Jnr v A Prime Larry Merchant

Post by Steffan Sun 18 Sep 2011, 12:13 pm

Who wins and how?

Regards

Steffan

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Floyd Mayweather Jnr v A Prime Larry Merchant Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr v A Prime Larry Merchant

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Sun 18 Sep 2011, 12:35 pm

Merchant claimed if he was 50 years younger he would've kicked his ass...... so that makes him what? 50, naaah I give him no chance.

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Floyd Mayweather Jnr v A Prime Larry Merchant Empty Re: Floyd Mayweather Jnr v A Prime Larry Merchant

Post by sodhat Sun 18 Sep 2011, 1:30 pm

Claims that this bout is being stifled by Merchant refusing Olympic style drug testing...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonLion Sun 18 Sep 2011, 1:31 pm

Floyd Mayweather Jnr v A Prime Larry Merchant Screenshot20110918at055

LondonLion

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun 18 Sep 2011, 4:56 pm

"Eyes of a killer?"

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 18 Sep 2011, 5:46 pm

Laugh After a crazy finish what a treat to have Merchant and Mayweather continue their fued, that picture is class.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 18 Sep 2011, 6:08 pm

floyd already has him looking like a rabbit in headlights! cant believe floyd and him have a feud floyd will get owned by merchant this should be made instead of pacman its the fight the fans want to see!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 18 Sep 2011, 6:35 pm

Any fight between Floyd and Larry will have to wait as Amir Khan has just called out Larry "vodka breath" Merchant. After hearing Larry say "if I was 50 years younger I would kick your azz" Khan got an instant woody.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by zx1234 Sun 18 Sep 2011, 6:40 pm

merchant is one of the few fighters that gets under mayweather's skin, i can't say for sure what would happen if they got into the ring but to have a larry appears to have the mental edge, this reminds me of groves degale

zx1234

http://www.footballbetting365.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 18 Sep 2011, 6:54 pm

Breaking news - Larry Merchant will only train in the Philippines so the fight has been called off due to Floyd's demands.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 18 Sep 2011, 9:29 pm

Floyd Mayweather Jnr v A Prime Larry Merchant Scaled.php?tn=0&server=807&filename=e7btr

Seen this at Ringnews 24, don't know how to make into a spoiler.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 18 Sep 2011, 9:41 pm

LondonLion wrote:Floyd Mayweather Jnr v A Prime Larry Merchant Screenshot20110918at055

"Whose finger is that inside my colon?"

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Sun 18 Sep 2011, 10:20 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
LondonLion wrote:Floyd Mayweather Jnr v A Prime Larry Merchant Screenshot20110918at055

"Whose finger is that inside my colon?"

Ellerbe is looking in that direction....

I saw this pic before your comment and after a bit of wild man giggling i then pfissed myself at said comment!

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 18 Sep 2011, 10:27 pm

You oughta read the Guardian article about it. They paint Merchant like he's something other than a doddering, semi-senile old fool.

said article

To quote from it:

For much of his distinguished career, he has held the microphone for HBO and interrogated in his quiet, sometimes earnest but never less than perceptive way,

and..:

Merchant's white-haired persona disguises a tough, determined and principled guy with impeccable manners...

Impeccable manners like when he brought up Katsidis's dead brother in the post-fight interview...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 18 Sep 2011, 10:42 pm

Merchant is an old school personality. He's fallen off a bit but there is no one who can fill his shoes, boxing would miss him when he retired.

What did he actually say to Katsidis? My copy of the fight cuts off too early.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 18 Sep 2011, 10:51 pm

Boxing would get over it though, that's how it goes. After the Katsidis/JMM fight he asked something about if Katsidis thought his brother would have been proud of his (losing) performance. Just thought it seemed really inappropriate and insensitive.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 18 Sep 2011, 10:53 pm

I think he meant the effort he put in, rather than the fact he lost. Was probably just a way of shoehorning in a conversation about his brother, which was a major talking point. He dedicated the fight to his brother.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 18 Sep 2011, 10:56 pm

Regardless of what his intention was I remember thinking it was badly worded and in poor taste. He could have made reference to the death of Katsidis's brother in a more sensitive way.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 18 Sep 2011, 10:58 pm

I like old Larry but he does go about questions the wrong way sometimes hence fighters like Floyd have lost their rag with him. Katsidis is one of boxings good guys though

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 18 Sep 2011, 10:59 pm

I felt awful for Katsidis. He seems like a genuinely top bloke. Does a fair bit of charity work apparently.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 18 Sep 2011, 11:01 pm

You don't think he would have mentioned it otherwise?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Sun 18 Sep 2011, 11:01 pm

As much as I find Merchants warbling interviews annoying last night was uncalled for..

The guy has been around for donkey years and is highly thought of in the boxing/media circles. Mayweather once again showed that he is a self loving classless rat! The guy is a class A douchebag and its moments like this which explains why, whilst he will go down as one of the very best, he will never be spoken of as much or as fondly as the likes of Pacman etc.

I would of loved Merchant to have smacked him...then into the microphone gone 'what happened to protecting yourself at all times'!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 18 Sep 2011, 11:02 pm

Mentioned what?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 18 Sep 2011, 11:03 pm

His brother.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 18 Sep 2011, 11:03 pm

In my top 5 favourite current boxers list. Win or lose his fights are always great to watch. Sadly he doesnt really have a fanbase as he always goes to his opponents territory

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 18 Sep 2011, 11:05 pm

Scottrf wrote:You don't think he would have mentioned it otherwise?

Mentioned it otherwise how? You lost me here.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 18 Sep 2011, 11:06 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
Scottrf wrote:You don't think he would have mentioned it otherwise?

Mentioned it otherwise how? You lost me here.
I'm asking if you think Katsidis would have mentioned his brother had Merchant not done.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 18 Sep 2011, 11:06 pm

Balti and Scott...are you pair having some kinda cryptic conversation here or something?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 18 Sep 2011, 11:08 pm

No, just that one comment lost me. Otherwise to what?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 18 Sep 2011, 11:08 pm

Steffan wrote:Balti and Scott...are you pair having some kinda cryptic conversation here or something?
I will not be concerned at other men's not knowing me; I will be concerned at my own want of ability.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 18 Sep 2011, 11:13 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Steffan wrote:Balti and Scott...are you pair having some kinda cryptic conversation here or something?
I will not be concerned at other men's not knowing me; I will be concerned at my own want of ability.

Sounds mega

Im off to bed

Nos da all

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Mon 19 Sep 2011, 5:29 pm

Damn you Steffan, beat me to it. Have deleted mine.

I guess great minds think alike, not sure what that makes ours though buddy!

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 19 Sep 2011, 5:44 pm

huw wrote:Damn you Steffan, beat me to it. Have deleted mine.

I guess great minds think alike, not sure what that makes ours though buddy!

Great Welsh minds I think you mean Huw Very Happy

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down