The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales V Namibia - Team Thread Etc Etc

+35
HERSH
BlueNote
QuickBall
mrzimmerman
littleswannygirl
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
mckay1402
TrailApe
Glas a du
jammoboss
Breadvan
Biltong
Cari
Seagultaf
Portnoy
wales606
Londonwelsh
gavstar
scoi
munkian
RubyGuby
flyhalffactory
youngguns6
Gatts
wayne
Taffineastbourne
redlamb
Knowsit17
welshy824
Shifty
TycroesOsprey
glamorganalun
maestegmafia
Cymroglan
bedfordwelsh
39 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Wales V Namibia - Team Thread Etc Etc - Page 2 Empty Wales V Namibia - Team Thread Etc Etc

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 18 Sep 2011, 3:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

OK over the last round of matches we have seen both Englnad and Scotland have the chance to change good % of the team and have look at other players but because of the physiciality of our group we not had that chance and won't be able to against Fiji.

SO, and with no offence to the Namibians this game will be our only chance to rotte some of the players so here's what I would do and why if all fit

Jenkins (needs game time)
Burns
Mitchell
Davies
AWJ
R Jones
Powell
Warburton

Knoyle
Hook (not working at XV)

Brew
Davies
Sc Williams
North

Halfpenny

James,Owens,Charterris,Faletau, L Williams, S Jones Byrne

QUite few changes butt hat side should still be able to get the bp win we need
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Wales V Namibia - Team Thread Etc Etc - Page 2 Empty Re: Wales V Namibia - Team Thread Etc Etc

Post by glamorganalun Wed 21 Sep 2011, 8:16 pm

It said R Jones trained alone in the daily mail hence comment old news, the above post is today. The mail did not say about Warbs which also implies the above link is more up to date?

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Wales V Namibia - Team Thread Etc Etc - Page 2 Empty Re: Wales V Namibia - Team Thread Etc Etc

Post by gavstar Thu 22 Sep 2011, 1:55 am

Hook with an injury has been unfortunate for him, but in some way also fortunate because he has gradually slipped to not being essential to the team and this is a let out to him not being picked.
i saw the writing on the wall with his selection against sa at fb, and his performance against samoa was v.poor. only his mental strength going to perpignan will push his career forward, he lacks confidence, and the flair has gone.

gavstar

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Thu 22 Sep 2011, 9:45 am

gavstar:

Are FHF with another name? I have looked at numerous scoring's on players in papers etc and none of them scored Hook as poor in either game. It seems to me even if Hook is man of the match it is not enough for some supporters. Against Samoa the only poor players were JD2 and Powell and I agree with the pundits, evenJon Davies on scrum V last Sunday said he has been poor. Hook got blames for the first try but Warbs, Charteris missed tackles and the try resulted from pushing early in a scrum that handed our ball over to SA.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 22 Sep 2011, 9:59 am

I dont think that JD played badly, I think he is very effective. Hook was playing well in my opinion too.

Lets hope his injury is not too serious.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Thu 22 Sep 2011, 11:43 am

glamorganalun wrote:gavstar:

Are FHF with another name? I have looked at numerous scoring's on players in papers etc and none of them scored Hook as poor in either game. It seems to me even if Hook is man of the match it is not enough for some supporters. Against Samoa the only poor players were JD2 and Powell and I agree with the pundits, evenJon Davies on scrum V last Sunday said he has been poor. Hook got blames for the first try but Warbs, Charteris missed tackles and the try resulted from pushing early in a scrum that handed our ball over to SA.

1. No the poster is not me........... laughable

2. What papers?

3. Jonathan Davies as usual splashes a one-liner "Jon Davies is not performing" for the TV. He also added one liners "Hook at 15 is like a fish out of water" ...... "Hooks creativity" but conveniently didn't qualify any of the statements.

4. SA game. Very good overall performance, but three players who underperformed to a degree
Adam Jones - was off the pace and puffing (prob due to lack of match fitness), needs more games.
Shane Williams - world class player who was very quiet offensively, no game-breaking moments.......and that has to be his strength over other Welsh wingers.
James Hook - missed the high ball that led to the try, and actually was so poor positionally and defensively when attempting to stop Steyn, he also inexplicably punted the ball so high you couldn't tell if it went thro the posts or not, then finally to cap it missed a relatively simple kick to win the game. Why Oh Why didn't Priestland take those shorter penalties, if he had you would probably would have won that game.

5. Samoa game
Posters bang on that Hook had an average game against SA and a poor game against Samoa and then say he has not had much game time, but they are the same posters who stated he played well against England at 15. So how come Halfpenny who has had so much less game time at FB than Hook played so much better than him during the same match?

Smell the coffee
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Thu 22 Sep 2011, 7:25 pm

Flyhalf: You say in the SA game:.

"Why Oh Why didn't Priestland take those shorter penalties, if he had you would probably would have won that game".

Just like the drop goals from Preistland, the first one against SA was stupid we should have gone through the phases to get closer (it was too far out), the second an easy kick it would have missed if the gaols were double the width! Again the Samoa drop goal, what a waste, if you are not up to kicking drop goals don't do it, there was space out wide but it was ignored.

Regarding the kicking, the kickers try to kick the ball the same way regardless of range to maintain rythem, you don't consider the blustery weather conditions, but you are correct hitting the ball high does make it worse i.e., being affected by the wind.

If Hook was flyhalf Wales would probably would have won with over 60% possession but we will never know. Preistland played well considering his lack of experience and creativity but he will never be a game breaker. If we get to the QF's I hope we don't have to rely on a drop goal!

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2011, 8:00 pm

glamorganalun wrote:Against Samoa the only poor players were JD2 and Powell

Terrible. I'm not going to address the points about JD2, as he's got his own thread and I've addressed them there. Powell deserves more credit; he came on and put in a really good shift. He defended brilliantly on his own line, put his body on the line immediately, had the highest tackle count, and offered himself as the carrier.

To fact is, he's not a great player, and this was made clear when in direct comparison to Lydiate. He has poor ball skills, drops the ball, and doesn't have a good body position going into contact. He makes strange decisions about when to offload, but I thought this was one of his best games since SA '09, when he was phenomenal. There are others who were worse; namely, Adam Jones, who struggled against an average Samoan scrum and with fitness, and Bennett at times, going into contact and getting penalised for isolation, and a few missed lineouts, even when throwing to Charteris.

glamorganalun wrote:If Hook was flyhalf Wales would probably would have won with over 60% possession but we will never know. Preistland played well considering his lack of experience and creativity but he will never be a game breaker.

Two ridiculous statements.

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Thu 22 Sep 2011, 8:00 pm

If it is true there are a lot of changes for this game, we don't normally do well. I would be happier that we put the game to bed ASAP with the strongest team and then introduce changes and bring on players that have a possibility of playing due to injuries i.e., Scot Williams, R Jones, T Knoyle L Bryne, G Jenkins and Mitchell.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2011, 8:09 pm

87-0. If we don't put 4 tries on them within 50 minutes with 6-7 changes, something is very wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Thu 22 Sep 2011, 8:24 pm

glamorganalun wrote:Flyhalf: You say in the SA game:.

"Why Oh Why didn't Priestland take those shorter penalties, if he had you would probably would have won that game".

Just like the drop goals from Preistland, the first one against SA was stupid we should have gone through the phases to get closer (it was too far out), the second an easy kick it would have missed if the gaols were double the width! Again the Samoa drop goal, what a waste, if you are not up to kicking drop goals don't do it, there was space out wide but it was ignored.

Regarding the kicking, the kickers try to kick the ball the same way regardless of range to maintain rythem, you don't consider the blustery weather conditions, but you are correct hitting the ball high does make it worse i.e., being affected by the wind.

If Hook was flyhalf Wales would probably would have won with over 60% possession but we will never know. Preistland played well considering his lack of experience and creativity but he will never be a game breaker. If we get to the QF's I hope we don't have to rely on a drop goal!

This is getting tedious now

Priestlands drop goal sails over by 10-15m so it was close enough

Alun
1. How many games has Hook played in as a 10 and Wales have won and also how many have Wales lost?...............
I am not talking starting and getting hauled off, but actually playing the whole match.

2. What do you mean by a game breaker?
Do you mean a headline grabbing run......................? or something else?

3. Would you have kept Stephen Jones in the side if he lost 5 out of his first 8 games as a flyhalf?

4. If Stephen Jones (as a flyhalf) had let 97 points pass in 3 games would you have retained him in the welsh squad going into the WC2007?
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Thu 22 Sep 2011, 8:27 pm

flyhalffactory wrote:4. If Stephen Jones (as a flyhalf) had let 97 points pass in 3 games would you have retained him in the welsh squad going into the WC2007?
Actually his first cap was the 96-13 loss to South Africa... from what I remember!

Last edited by AlynDavies on Thu 22 Sep 2011, 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2011, 8:29 pm

What does that mean, let 97 points pass?

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Thu 22 Sep 2011, 8:31 pm

AlynDavies wrote:
flyhalffactory wrote:4. If Stephen Jones (as a flyhalf) had let 97 points pass in 3 games would you have retained him in the welsh squad going into the WC2007?
Actually his first cap was the 97-13 loss to South Africa... from what I remember!

Was that in 2007?

The point I am attempting to make here Alyn is that you cannot state

"Hook plays Wales win"
or
"Jones plays Wales lose"

Unless you prove it with facts.............. I just looked at the time period when Hook was assumed to be at his best .... before he was "mucked around" just to give him the benefit of the doubt, and he doesn't win games when he plays 10, but don't lets the facts get in the way of assassination of a player.

Jones has played through some poor Welsh sides and eras, but you can't blame it on one man, yes he has had some poor games I am sure. I remember some Scrum 5 commentator stating you have to play Henson as Wales have never lost when he has played !!!!................ just before the Irish game!!

Now apart from Gareth Jenkins every other coach has never retained Hook for more than a few games ................ that speaks volumes for me

Last edited by flyhalffactory on Thu 22 Sep 2011, 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2011, 8:40 pm

I honestly don't know why people discuss the merits of Hook or Jones on here. It's generally the same people discussing the same points (particularly those who are big Jones supporters) and it ends up resolving nothing.

I'd love to see a Welsh team (or potential Welsh team) discussion without the same poxy thing popping up.

Anyway, I don't expect Wales to score as many as SA did, but I do want to see a good few tries and a 40-50 point win.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Thu 22 Sep 2011, 8:41 pm

We're Welsh.. discussing the 10 jersey is what we do! Shocked
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Thu 22 Sep 2011, 8:45 pm

AlynDavies wrote:We're Welsh.. discussing the 10 jersey is what we do! Shocked

Well be current then...it is no longer Hook or Jones, it is definitely Priestland and Hook in that order, SJ v Namibia then back on the bench.

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Thu 22 Sep 2011, 8:45 pm

miaow wrote:What does that mean, let 97 points pass?

Hook went as the nailed on flyhalf into the following games running up to the WC 2007

Australia 29 - 23 Wales
Australia 31 - 0 Wales
Wales 7 - 37 France

flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2011, 8:50 pm

So he was in a team that conceded 97 points in 3 games? Sounded like he missed 97 points from kicks the way you worded it.

Hardly think that that's a damning statistic. Especially as they were warm up games, during Gareth Jenkins' era... 🤦

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Thu 22 Sep 2011, 8:52 pm

miaow wrote:So he was in a team that conceded 97 points in 3 games? Sounded like he missed 97 points from kicks the way you worded it.

Hardly think that that's a damning statistic. Especially as they were warm up games, during Gareth Jenkins' era... 🤦

Are you serious?

The 2 ozzie games were Summer Tests. The first one was as poor a Australian side as they have had........ a certain Sam Norton-Knight debut as a centre
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2011, 9:07 pm

Regardless, they weren't points that he individually 'let pass', as you stated. It was also a pretty bleak time for Welsh rugby.

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Thu 22 Sep 2011, 9:24 pm

miaow wrote:Regardless, they weren't points that he individually 'let pass', as you stated. It was also a pretty bleak time for Welsh rugby.

EXACTLY

And conversely you cannae say that

When Hook plays 10 Wales win, or when Jones plays 10 Wales lose blah blah................ like certain posters are saying, this was just a reply to those one-liners

Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics.............or
Lies, Damn Lies, and One Liners
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2011, 9:35 pm

Yeah, and I picked him up for the same points you did. Don't meet absolute statements with similarly absolute statements.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Thu 22 Sep 2011, 9:55 pm

miaow wrote:Yeah, and I picked him up for the same points you did. Don't meet absolute statements with similarly absolute statements.

You two, its beautiful, like man and wife Very Happy

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 23 Sep 2011, 12:30 pm

Nice Interview with Brew

Brew is happy to bide his time for a place in the team and is being remarkably laid back about being left on the sidelines so far.

“I’m happy enough and I’m just waiting to get the nod. Shane and George have done really well, Shane scored a nice try against Samoa and George has been running and carrying well,” he said generously.

“You always want to play, I’m not here for a tour around New Zealand and I hope to get a chance. There have only been two games and I’m happy with the way the boys have performed.

“It’s a big squad and I’ll keep training hard and try and take my chance when it comes. I’ve been helping the boys who have been preferred because the bigger picture is that it is the World Cup and I’m trying to be a team player.”

On that basis, he praises injured Dragons teammate Dan Lydiate. “He’s fine, he’s a bit disappointed but he’s a happy-go-lucky guy and he’s not letting it get to him,” he said. “But we need him out on the pitch, it’s disappointing for him, but he’s coping with it.”

Good lad, a good supportive team player OK
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Sep 2011, 12:59 pm

Good lad indeed. Always comes across as a decent man. He'll get his chance against Namibia, and I'd be tempted to play him off the bench against Fiji as well. Imagine a backline of JD2, Roberts, Brew, North and Byrne running at the Fijians.

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 23 Sep 2011, 5:36 pm

In all honesty I think he knows it must have been a close call between him and another back row player going so he's more than happy to be there.

I really hope he gets the nod for Mondays game
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Londonwelsh Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:07 pm

Just saw a preview of Sport Wales in which Gwyn Jones was hoping to see Halfpenny at full back ahead of Lee Byrne. He said of Lee Byrne

"I wouldn't trust him with a kettle let alone a ball!"

Good stuff Gwyn OK
Londonwelsh
Londonwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sat 24 Sep 2011, 8:52 am

Londonwelsh wrote:Just saw a preview of Sport Wales in which Gwyn Jones was hoping to see Halfpenny at full back ahead of Lee Byrne. He said of Lee Byrne

"I wouldn't trust him with a kettle let alone a ball!"

Good stuff Gwyn OK

Gwyn Jones spouting off again!! I think 1/2 p might get the 2nd 40 at FB thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Sep 2011, 8:58 am

WALES TEAM TO FACE NAMIBIA

Lee Byrne; Leigh Halfpenny; Jonathan Davies, Scott Williams; Aled Brew; Stephen Jones, Tavis Knoyle; Gethin Jenkins, Lloyd Burns, Craig Mitchell, Bradley Davies, Alun Wyn Jones, Ryan Jones, Sam Warburton (captain), Toby Faletau.

Replacements: Ken Owens, Ryan Bevington, Luke Charteris, Andy Powell, Lloyd Williams, Rhys Priestland, George North.

Made up for Brewy and Burns as a Dragons supporter. Made up for Stephen Jones as a Welsh supporter and it's nice to see Ryan is fit to start too. Not a bad team at all, considering the changes. I know we haven't got a natural 7 other than Warburton in that squad, but if we build a score early I'd wrap Sam up in cotton wool as early as possible (even if it means Toby to 7).

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 24 Sep 2011, 10:29 am

Decent team should get the bp win, but halfpenny needs game at 15 (north off the bench in the 2nd half?)
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 24 Sep 2011, 11:09 am

That's a very , very strong Welsh team.
Up until recently Carig Mitchell has been first choice tight head, Gethin is world class. burns can;t possibly be as bad as he was against England.
Bradly and Alun-Wyn have been Wales first choice locks, and have been holding their own against anyone.

The 9, 10, 12, 13 Axis from the Scarlets should work well as their all familiar with each other. Brew and Halfpenny are deadly finishers and Bryne will have a chance to get a lot of confidence from running lines and not having to worry to much about defence.

Hopefully Wales can score 5o, and conceede less than 10.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 24 Sep 2011, 11:09 am

AUCKLAND, 24 Sept. - Namibia head coach Johan Diergaardt on Saturday announced his team to play their last match of Pool D against Wales at Stadium Taranaki in New Plymouth on Monday, 26 September.

1. Johnnie Redelinghuys
2. Hugo Horn
3. Jané Du Toit
4. Heinz Koll
5. Nico Esterhuyse
6. Tinus Du Plessis
7. Jacques Burger (c)
8. Jacques Nieuwenhuis
9. Eugene Jantjies
10. Theuns Kotze
11. Danie Dames
12. Darryl De La Harpe
13. Piet Van Zyl
14. Danie Van Wyk
15. Chrysander Botha

Replacements:
16. Bertus O'Callaghan
17. Raoul Larson
18. Wacca Kazombiaze
19. Rohan Kitshoff
20. Ryan De La Harpe
21. TC Losper
22. David Philander
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 24 Sep 2011, 11:22 am

1. Johnnie Redelinghuys - played vs south africa
2. Hugo Horn - fist choice / new fresh player
3. Jané Du Toit - fresh player / normally lose head?
4. Heinz Koll - played vs south africa
5. Nico Esterhuyse - played vs south africa
6. Tinus Du Plessis -played vs south africa
7. Jacques Burger (c) - played vs south africa
8. Jacques Nieuwenhuis - played vs south africa
9. Eugene Jantjies - played Vs south africa
10. Theuns Kotze - played vs south africa
11. Danie Dames - played vs south africa
12. Darryl De La Harpe - fresh player
13. Piet Van Zyl - played vs SA
14. Danie Van Wyk - fresh player
15. Chrysander Botha - played vs south africa

Replacements:
16. Bertus O'Callaghan
17. Raoul Larson
18. Wacca Kazombiaze
19. Rohan Kitshoff
20. Ryan De La Harpe
21. TC Losper
22. David Philander

Ok so 11 players from the team squashed by South Africa and 4 new players.
Jané Du Toit is selected at tight head, though he is normally a loose head that could help Wales.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 24 Sep 2011, 11:23 am

Namibia selection is near enough the same side that faced South Africa

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 24 Sep 2011, 12:05 pm

Not a bad team while resting some players, the problem with this game Wales must smash the opposition anything less than 50 points will be seen as a poor performance from some quarters. It should provide some practice for our back play as we have seen little so far except the smashing runs by Roberts. It will be interesting to see the impact Byrne brings into the attack. The comment by Gwyn Jones about Bryne is plain stupid, yes his kicking has not been great in the last game but he hardly ever drops the ball or misses a soft tackle. Bryne has the potential to be a good player again and Wales need him if we are going tp progress.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 24 Sep 2011, 1:31 pm

If Byrne can get some form back I quote like the look of our back three. I was hoping Halfpenny would get a run at XV but it could be good.

Also with a 9, 10, 12 and 13 all from PYS then at least they should be use to playing alongside each other.

This is still a strong enough side to get a comfortable BP win IMO.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 24 Sep 2011, 5:33 pm

flyhalffactory wrote:
miaow wrote:So he was in a team that conceded 97 points in 3 games? Sounded like he missed 97 points from kicks the way you worded it.

Are you serious?

The 2 ozzie games were Summer Tests. The first one was as poor a Australian side as they have had........ a certain Sam Norton-Knight debut as a centre
FHF Have you noticed how you are possibly the only person on here that dislikes and doesn't rate James Hook?

Please take a hint from that.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Sat 24 Sep 2011, 5:56 pm

Looking foward to this , have morning off work so a few breakfast beers are in order Ale
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 24 Sep 2011, 6:22 pm

15 Lee BYRNE (ASM CLERMONT AUVERGNE – Cap No 1,041)

DoB: 01.06.80. 6’3″ / 1.91m. 14st 12lb / 94kgs

International record: 44 caps (W 18, L 24, D 2; 45 pts – 9T)

14 Leigh HALFPENNY (CARDIFF BLUES – Cap No 1,060)

DoB: 22.12.88. 5’10” / 1.77m. 13st 2lbs / 83kgs

International record: 21 caps (W 9, L 12; 62 pts – 7T, 9PG)

13 Jonathan DAVIES (SCARLETS – Cap No 1,066)

DoB: 05.04.88. 6’1” / 1.86m. 16st 3lb / 103kgs

International record: 16 caps (W 8, L 8; 10 pts – 2T)

12 Scott WILLIAMS (SCARLETS – Cap No 1,084)

DoB: 10.10.90. 6’0” / 1.83m. 15st 3lbs / 97kgs

International record: International record: 4 caps (W 2, L 2)

11 Aled BREW (NEWPORT GWENT DRAGONS – Cap No 1,051)

DoB: 09.08.86. 6.0” / 1.83m. 15st 2lbs / 96kgs

International record: 7 caps (W 2, L 4, D 1; 5 pts – 1T)

10 Stephen JONES (SCARLETS– Cap No 966)

DoB: 08.12.77. 6’1” / 1.86m. 14st 7lbs / 92kgs

International record: 100 caps (W 40, L 56, D 3; 889 pts – 7T, 142C, 184PG, 6DG)

9 Tavis KNOYLE (SCARLETS – Cap No 1,076)

DoB: 02.06.90. 6’1” / 1.85m. 14st 5lbs / 91kgs

International record: 5 caps (W 2, L 3)

1 Gethin JENKINS (CARDIFF BLUES – Cap No 1,006)

DoB: 17.11.80. 6’2” / 1.88m. 18st 9lbs / 118kgs

International record: 77 caps (W 34, L 41, D 2; 15 pts – 3T)

2 Lloyd BURNS (NEWPORT GWENT DRAGONS – Cap No 1,085)

DoB: 09.12.84. 6’0” / 1.83m. 17st 0lbs / 108kgs

International record: 4 caps (W 2, L 2)

3 Craig MITCHELL (EXETER CHIEFS – Cap No 1,068)

DoB: 03.05.86. 6’1” / 1.85m. 17st 2lbs / 109kgs

International record: 10 caps (W 7, L 3)

4 Bradley DAVIES (CARDIFF BLUES – Cap No 1,065)

DoB: 09.01.87. 6’6” / 1.98m. 19st 1lbs / 121kgs

International record: 26 caps (W 11, L 14, D 1)

5 Alun Wyn JONES (OSPREYS – Cap No 1,046)

DoB: 19.09.85. 6’5” / 1.96m. 18st 10lbs / 119kgs

International record: 54 caps (W 22, L 32; 30 pts – 6T)

6 Ryan JONES (OSPREYS – Cap No 1,029)

DoB: 13.03.81. 6’5” / 1.96m. 17st 5lbs / 110kgs

International record: 53 caps (W 26, L 25, D 2; 5 pts – 1T)

7 Sam WARBURTON (CARDIFF BLUES, CAPTAIN – Cap No 1,070)

DoB: 05.10.88. 1.88m / 6’2”. 16st 4lbs / 103kgs

International record: 19 caps (W 9, L 10; 5 pts – 1T)

8 Toby FALETAU (NEWPORT GWENT DRAGONS – Cap No 1,082)

DoB: 12.11.90. 1.88m / 6’2”. 17st 5lbs / 110kgs

International record: 5 caps (W 2, L 3; 5 pts – 1T)

REPLACEMENTS

16 Ken OWENS (SCARLETS – Uncapped)

DoB: 03.01.87. 6’1” / 1.86m. 17st 8lbs / 112kgs

International record: Uncapped

17 Ryan BEVINGTON (OSPREYS – Cap No 1,081)

DoB: 9.12.88. 6’0”/1.82m. 17st 2lb/109kgs

International record: 4 caps (W 2, L 2)

18 Luke CHARTERIS (NEWPORT GWENT DRAGONS – Cap No 1,030)

DoB: 09.03.83. 6’9” / 2.06m. 19st 10lbs / 125kgs

International record: 27 caps (W 13, L 14)

19 Andy POWELL (SALE SHARKS – Cap No 1,061)

DoB: 23.08.81. 6’4” / 1.94m. 18st 0lbs / 114kgs

International record: 19 caps (W 10, L 9; 5 pts – 1T)

20 Lloyd WILLIAMS (CARDIFF BLUES – Cap No 1,087)

DoB: 30.11.89. 6’0” / 1.83m. 13st 9lbs / 87kgs

International record: 1 cap (W 1)

21 Rhys PRIESTLAND (SCARLETS – Cap No 1,080)

DoB: 07.01.87 1.82m / 6’0”. 13st 9lbs / 87kgs

International record: 6 caps (W 3, L 3; 16 pts – 2C, 4PG)

22 George NORTH (SCARLETS – Cap No 1,078)

DoB: 13.04.92. 6’4” / 1.92m. 16st 5lbs / 104kgs

International record: 10 caps (W 3, L 6, D 1; 30 pts – 6T)

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Sat 24 Sep 2011, 6:29 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
flyhalffactory wrote:

Are you serious?

FHF Have you noticed how you are possibly the only person on here that dislikes and doesn't rate James Hook?

Where have you ever read that I dislike or don't rate Hook. Read the all posts mate I have replied to statements

Please take a hint
READ ALL THE POSTS
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Sat 24 Sep 2011, 6:34 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:OK over the last round of matches we have seen both Englnad and Scotland have the chance to change good % of the team and have look at other players but because of the physiciality of our group we not had that chance and won't be able to against Fiji.

Fast rewind <<

" but because of the physiciality of our group we not had that chance"

Scotland and England have been eating cucumber sandwiches on the lawn against Argentina, Georgia and Romania.

Utter bollix.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 24 Sep 2011, 6:38 pm

flyhalffactory wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
flyhalffactory wrote:

Are you serious?

Where have you ever read that I dislike or don't rate Hook. Read the all posts mate I have replied to statements

Please take a hint
READ ALL THE POSTS
FHF

I have read more posts deriding James Hook as a flyhalf than I could ever presume one person would find it poignant or imperative to write.

I haven't read one convincing argument in your case, it just seems like a bizarre hate campaign, I really don't understand why you persist. We know your point, you don't rate him as a Flyhalf. Everyone else does though.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 24 Sep 2011, 6:38 pm

You can't seriously think Romania and Georgia are comparable to Samoa and Fiji? Whistle
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Sat 24 Sep 2011, 6:38 pm

Hardly compare with two south African teams and two pacific island teams dude
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 24 Sep 2011, 6:38 pm

munkian wrote:Hardly compare with two south African teams and two pacific island teams dude
Eastern European you mean? Wink
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 24 Sep 2011, 6:42 pm

Portnoy wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:OK over the last round of matches we have seen both Englnad and Scotland have the chance to change good % of the team and have look at other players but because of the physiciality of our group we not had that chance and won't be able to against Fiji.

Fast rewind <<

Scotland and England have been eating cucumber sandwiches on the lawn against Argentina, Georgia and Romania.

Utter bollix.

Portnoy that is one of the most erroneous I have ever read on here....

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Sat 24 Sep 2011, 6:47 pm

Maesteg

Funny I feel I am replying to posts who deride other players to promote another player, not conducting a hate campaign.

I seem to recall quite a number of posters on here saying the same about Hook as I have good player but behind player A, B C etc.

I am not going to get in another debate with one liners.

Lets get this straight I rate Hook as a utility back, I rate him as a 10, 12, 13, and 15. But IMHO he is behind a number of players in each position

As I said Maesteg READ the posts, READ the sweeping statements..............and then see where the player hate campaign is originated at

READ THE POSTS groan
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Sat 24 Sep 2011, 6:52 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
Portnoy wrote:

Fast rewind <<

Utter bollix.

Portnoy
In all due respect to England and us we have had hard games, but Wales have had to face two brutal sides in SA and Samoa, and the only break they have from this onslaught is Namibia, as Fiji are massively in the market to "bruise", so BedfordWelsh has a valid point
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 24 Sep 2011, 7:00 pm

flyhalffactory wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
Portnoy wrote:

Fast rewind <<

Utter bollix.

Portnoy
In all due respect to England and us we have had hard games, but Wales have had to face two brutal sides in SA and Samoa, and the only break they have from this onslaught is Namibia, as Fiji are massively in the market to "bruise", so BedfordWelsh has a valid point
Agreed

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 24 Sep 2011, 7:04 pm

Pretty valid points.
Samoa can boast players from Bath, Castres, Clermont, Exeter, Gloucester, Leicester, London Irish, Wasps, New Castle, Northampton, Ospreys (2), Sale (2), Stade Français, and Tolouse....

Fiji can boast players from Castres, Clermont, Gloucester, Lyon, Racing Metro, Sale, Saracens, Scarlets, and Toulon...

Georgia also have a few players in the Top 14 of French rugby, but their almost entirely front row players and you can only have 2 props and a Hooker on the field under normal circumstances. the rest of their players are made up from lower French divisions., or their own national league.

Romania don't fare much better, 1 or 2 players in the top french league, with a couple more in the lower French divisions and the rest in the Romanian national leagues.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next