The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do you support the team you do ?

+2
prop_lyd
Kenny
6 posters

Go down

Why do you support the team you do ? Empty Why do you support the team you do ?

Post by Kenny Sun 18 Sep 2011, 7:45 pm

Why do you support the team that you do ?

Is it a family thing ?

or was it because they were the successful ?

or you liked a certain player ?

or something else ?

for me it was a family thing , from great grandad down .....all my family have supported Hull KR and i have now passed that on to my kids .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Why do you support the team you do ? Empty Re: Why do you support the team you do ?

Post by prop_lyd Mon 19 Sep 2011, 10:43 am

For me it was simply because the challenge cup vs Bradford was the first proper RL match I took an interest in and I preferred Leeds' Kit (2003 i think)!!!

I probably should have moved on to the Crusaders (being welsh and all) but just lost interest in them with the move to Wrexham and the farse of the few Welsh players there!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Why do you support the team you do ? Empty Re: Why do you support the team you do ?

Post by davidl1061 Mon 19 Sep 2011, 12:22 pm

My girlfriend and her family are all Warrington fans, didnt watch rugby league until I met her nearly 4 years ago! Watched from the latter stages of the Cullen era. When I first went I went 14 games without seeing them win! Everybody thought I was a jinx!

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2011, 12:40 pm

From Widnes (unfortunately) so thats why I support Widnes (again unfortunately) Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Widnes boy in Baff Mon 19 Sep 2011, 3:20 pm

Widnes, home town club. Been in exile nearly 20 years now. Thank Christ. Love the rugby though.

Widnes boy in Baff

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Mon 19 Sep 2011, 4:31 pm

I support the team i do because it was my dad and grandads team. My dad use to take my mum to watch them when they was courting. Some of my mates use to go and watch them when i was at junior school and when i started secondary school one of the teachers use to play for them, and i found even more mates to go to the games with, happy days.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 19 Sep 2011, 6:49 pm

When moved to Hull, the 1st rugby game went to see was Rovers v Keighley cc game, fell in love with the sport and Rovers that day.
Also because i lived in west hull, and wanted to be different from most other people, though there was a few other Rovers fans at my school.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down