The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Primetime Star Power Feedback Thread

+11
The Money Man
Daz
Michaels, Sean
TopHat24/7
School Project
Adam D
Fists of Fury
Rowley
No1Jonesy
Scottrf
Primetime
15 posters

Go down

Primetime Star Power Feedback Thread Empty Primetime Star Power Feedback Thread

Post by Primetime Mon 19 Sep 2011, 9:20 am

Hi Everyone

Thanks for all your support over the weekend and getting involved with the broadcast on the night

Please use this thread to give us feedback on the broadcast, the studio team, the commentary team and your experience of Primetime as a whole. Please try and keep it constructive

We always try and take feedback on board so your help would be appreciated

Thanks
Primetime

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Primetime Star Power Feedback Thread Empty Re: Primetime Star Power Feedback Thread

Post by Scottrf Mon 19 Sep 2011, 9:22 am

Liked that they didn't talk over the ring walks, but they could be quiet during the introductions too! I know that's hard with Buncey in the studio. Found Ricardo a bit repetitive, studio team weren't bad.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Primetime Star Power Feedback Thread Empty Re: Primetime Star Power Feedback Thread

Post by No1Jonesy Mon 19 Sep 2011, 9:25 am

Placed this on your support thread, got no answer....

Last night my sky box said I could record the event so I did so I could get some sleep whilst the undercard was on thinking I could watch that when I get time so set my alarm for 4:40 n caught the main event

Now just found enough time to watch 1 fight on the undercard and when played it says due to having booked the fight through primetime it hasn't recorded!!! What is that about!!

No1Jonesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 19 Sep 2011, 9:27 am

No1Jonesy wrote:Placed this on your support thread, got no answer....

Last night my sky box said I could record the event so I did so I could get some sleep whilst the undercard was on thinking I could watch that when I get time so set my alarm for 4:40 n caught the main event

Now just found enough time to watch 1 fight on the undercard and when played it says due to having booked the fight through primetime it hasn't recorded!!! What is that about!!
Was it your first time of buying? If so they send a quick signal which you can't record.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 19 Sep 2011, 9:31 am

I enjoyed the coverage, showed plenty of the undercard which is a good thing and something Sky do not always do on big events, thought for Standard definition the picture quality was decent and liked the fact you had a commentator who could translate what is being said in the corners, as there is nothing more frustrating that listening to someone speaking in Spanish with no a clue what is being said.

Also throught the studio guests were decent, Buncey was a little less excitable than usual which is a good thing. Overall thought the show was pretty good and a massive improvement in terms of picture quality and guests than has been the case in the past.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 19 Sep 2011, 9:33 am

Oh yes, I agree with rowley on the picture and the corner translation (better than Sky in that respect!). Although I couldn't hear Mayweather's corner so that evens it out.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 19 Sep 2011, 9:35 am

To be fair Scott I was considering not being able to hear the Mayweather family another plus point for Primetime

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 19 Sep 2011, 9:38 am

I thoroughly enjoyed the interactive part, was good to see a few of our members get their comments aired (typical Jimmy Stuart - shows up once in a blue moon and is the first 606v2'er mentioned!).

Picture quality was good enough, and I didn't experience any lag of the online stream, which played smoothly throughout.

I thought the studio was good, with Buncey in particular providing a good enthusiastic edge to proceedings, and not scared to speak his mind. Also nice to have a current top fighter in Khan there, who obviously has a vested interest in the division.

So overall, well done on an improved show, and looking forward to HD being introduced.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Mon 19 Sep 2011, 9:43 am

Teh rules regarding recording are on the website - http://www.primetimelive.co.uk/news/uncategorized/recording-primetime-events-with-sky/

This link also in my main post on the first page of the support thread

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by No1Jonesy Mon 19 Sep 2011, 9:44 am

Scottrf wrote:

Was it your first time of buying? If so they send a quick signal which you can't record.

Yeah it was my 1st time ordering with them - I wish this scenario was made clear as I would have sat up and watched the full card Sad so now I have missed out!

On a positive - at least there was no adverts between rounds so we could actually see what was going on in the corners! I hope that stays the same for future events unlike sky box office!

No1Jonesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 19 Sep 2011, 9:47 am

Constructive criticism? Dukes suit was horrible!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by No1Jonesy Mon 19 Sep 2011, 9:48 am

Primetime wrote:

Teh rules regarding recording are on the website - http://www.primetimelive.co.uk/news/uncategorized/recording-primetime-events-with-sky/

Primetime - To be fair I don't want to have to hunt around for the ability to know whether I can record or not. I think this is one of those things that has a high enough impact to customers to include some kind of reference on your automated ordering line or on the web pages leading up to ordering the fight online - just some feedback

No1Jonesy

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Mon 19 Sep 2011, 9:50 am

The free to air fight was poor quality on TV. Parts of the fight skipping, loss of signal that affected a fair amount of us on the board. The camera and sound quality in the studio during the free segment looked and sounded a bit poop.

A few beers fixed the latter part later on I think.

As for the PPV.

Pros: No ads when the fighters were in the corners. Good community feedback with Buncey.

Cons: Wayne McCulloughs accent, his inability to shut up about his fight with Morales. He was often hard to understand.

Not that I have anything against Wayne.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 19 Sep 2011, 9:53 am

No adverts between rounds was a huge plus point.

Sky drive me mental with adverts...if it's PPV we shouldn't have to watch adverts, and hearing what the corners are saying is great. All part of getting full value for your money.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Mon 19 Sep 2011, 9:55 am

No1Jonesy wrote:
Primetime wrote:

Primetime - To be fair I don't want to have to hunt around for the ability to know whether I can record or not. I think this is one of those things that has a high enough impact to customers to include some kind of reference on your automated ordering line or on the web pages leading up to ordering the fight online - just some feedback

On the website under the watch on TV option it says 'want to record on Sky +? Click here' so it is already very clear to the user

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 19 Sep 2011, 10:02 am

Fists of Fury wrote:No adverts between rounds was a huge plus point.

Sky drive me mental with adverts...if it's PPV we shouldn't have to watch adverts, and hearing what the corners are saying is great. All part of getting full value for your money.

Ditto that - drives me potty! Didn't order this fight as I was out and wouldn't catch the fight but in future that's a massive selling point for me!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by No1Jonesy Mon 19 Sep 2011, 10:14 am

Primetime wrote:
No1Jonesy wrote:
Primetime wrote:

On the website under the watch on TV option it says 'want to record on Sky +? Click here' so it is already very clear to the user

Everybody know's how to record so why would they feel they would need to click a link that indicates it's going to tell them it's going to end up saying 'Press the little red 'R' button' (not that I was even looking for it as I was not expecting that I could not record the event) - It should be clearer 1st time buyers can't record - hence me not knowing that until now...

No1Jonesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Mon 19 Sep 2011, 10:21 am

No1Jonesy wrote:
Primetime wrote:
No1Jonesy wrote:
Primetime wrote:

Everybody know's how to record so why would they feel they would need to click a link that indicates it's going to tell them it's going to end up saying 'Press the little red 'R' button' (not that I was even looking for it as I was not expecting that I could not record the event) - It should be clearer 1st time buyers can't record - hence me not knowing that until now...

It would be a great PR excercise if Primetime were to refund you......
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 19 Sep 2011, 10:22 am

On the subject of refunds, when do we find out who the lucky winners are?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 19 Sep 2011, 10:25 am

Should be within the next day or so.

Has everyone that ordered it through the 606v2 link sent a PM to Adam D (Hobo)? Everyone needs to do that in order for the IP addresses to be reconciled.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 19 Sep 2011, 10:28 am

Fists of Fury wrote:Should be within the next day or so.

Has everyone that ordered it through the 606v2 link sent a PM to Adam D (Hobo)? Everyone needs to do that in order for the IP addresses to be reconciled.

I sent mine to Windy who forwarded it on to Adam, as I have observed the requests of the powers that be to the letter I sincerely hope that will be considered when drawing the names from the hat

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 19 Sep 2011, 10:33 am

Naturally, Jeff.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Mon 19 Sep 2011, 10:38 am

Plus points
No ads at all.
Decent (ish) standard definition.
Benny Ricardo translating was good - although he was quite annoying at times.
Happy that the fight schedule was shown at the beginning with ring walk times.
24/7 on free to air was a nice bonus

Bad points - free to air coverage was awful - picture loss, looping commentary, colour issues.
Duke McKenzie said about 10 words and was boring as hell. Didnt add to the studio team at all.
The blue/purple studio looked quite tacky.

All in all - i was quite pleased with the broadcast. Just waiting for a HD channel!

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by The Money Man Mon 19 Sep 2011, 10:44 am

Found the commentary fairly irritating and over the top, otherwise not too bad.

The Money Man

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Mon 19 Sep 2011, 10:48 am

Fists of Fury wrote:Should be within the next day or so.

I did but he was having problems matching my IP to the buys. Wasn't asked for an Email address when registering, I have told all this to Hobo in a PM. He hasn't got back to me, so do you if he was able to do so?

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 19 Sep 2011, 1:25 pm

I thought that the coverage was pretty good but I do have one gripe.

I booked the fight but had to watch the replays as having a 3 month old daughter doesn't lend itself to going to bed at 6 am. I would have preferred if the replay had led with the main fight and then moved onto the undercard (in reverse order). I had a few things to do yesterday and didn't have time to watch the entire show and it meant that I had to predict when the Mayweather and Alvarez fights would start.

I also don't think it's necessary to show the pre-fight stuff on replays. Happy to have the post fight analysis though.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Mon 19 Sep 2011, 1:42 pm

superflyweight wrote:I thought that the coverage was pretty good but I do have one gripe.

I booked the fight but had to watch the replays as having a 3 month old daughter doesn't lend itself to going to bed at 6 am. I would have preferred if the replay had led with the main fight and then moved onto the undercard (in reverse order). I had a few things to do yesterday and didn't have time to watch the entire show and it meant that I had to predict when the Mayweather and Alvarez fights would start.

I also don't think it's necessary to show the pre-fight stuff on replays. Happy to have the post fight analysis though.

Thanks for the feedback, the vast majority of our customers have commented they want to see the show as live on the repeats, particularly the first showing on a sunday morning if they decided not to stay up for the card

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Mon 19 Sep 2011, 1:43 pm

superflyweight wrote:I thought that the coverage was pretty good but I do have one gripe.

I disagree with you there superfly. I did exactly the same - I bought it so I can watch the replay. I preferred the whole thing to be shown again in it's entirety. If the show was shown in reverse order - the commentator may say something which gives away the results of previous fights which ruins the undercard.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 19 Sep 2011, 1:45 pm

Dazstarr wrote:

I disagree with you there superfly. I did exactly the same - I bought it so I can watch the replay. I preferred the whole thing to be shown again in it's entirety. If the show was shown in reverse order - the commentator may say something which gives away the results of previous fights which ruins the undercard.
He did, he listed every result on the broadcast!

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 19 Sep 2011, 1:46 pm

Fair enough Primetime/Daz - it was a fairly selfish gripe and to be fair, it wouldn't put me off buying again in the future?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 19 Sep 2011, 2:41 pm

Its great to have Buncey on there.

I actually think wee Amir conducted himself quiet well. He gave a few honest opinions and enjoyed what he had to say.

Duke was grim as hell.

I thought the free coverage I watched was great.

Can't stand Wayne McCullough's voice. Im from Northern Ireland and I cringe when I hear a fellow Belfast person open their gob on TV. The other American guy doing the commentating was a head melter too.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BritnDub Mon 19 Sep 2011, 2:53 pm

Thought the coverage was good. Ordered via online stream, shown on my TV, and the quality was good, no slow buffering etc. I have UPC (cable), any chance that Primetime will be doing a deal to get their channel on UPC??

Coverage was good, though as some have mentioned, I found the American commentator really really really over the top, and extremely irritating.

BritnDub

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Mon 19 Sep 2011, 3:23 pm

Benny Ricardo had me fuming during the first fight between Jessie Vargas and Josesito (sp) Lopez.

Everytime Lopez did something, he insisted on calling him his full name throughout the fight.

"Thats was a great punch by Josesito Lopez, Josesito Lopez just did this, Josesito Lopez did that". Just call him LOPEZ dammit!!

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down