The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club Championship

5 posters

Go down

Club Championship Empty Club Championship

Post by Ar aghaidh le cheile Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:59 pm

As well as highlights of the ladies finals TG4 have highlights of the Antrim football and hurling final as well as the football final from Leitrim.

I assume TG4 will be covering county finals up and down the country for the next few weeks, followed by provincial club championships.

If St Galls win in Antrim this weekend it looks likely that they will play Cross Rangers on the halloween weekend. Not bad for a first round game.

Ar aghaidh le cheile

Back to top Go down

Club Championship Empty Re: Club Championship

Post by Kingshu Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:49 am

I never look up the TG4 fixtures, I should as am intrested to see the Antrim hurling club teams, hope we get to another All-Ireland club hurling final, and this time win, can't always be the bridesmaids.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:31 pm

TG4 gave good coverage last year so I presume it will be the same again. Thurles Sarsfields to win hurling and Aherlow to win football, in Munster at least. Both should have got to the finals last year but screwed up.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by Ar aghaidh le cheile Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:25 pm

bluemoda wrote:TG4 gave good coverage last year so I presume it will be the same again. Thurles Sarsfields to win hurling and Aherlow to win football, in Munster at least. Both should have got to the finals last year but screwed up.

Not intending to be smart but I have never heard of Aherlow not one of the traditional Munster club powers.

Ar aghaidh le cheile

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:06 am

Ar aghaidh, one of the consistentaly best senior football clubs in Tipp. Have been for years. Aherlow are situated in West Tipp which is big football country, along with Cahir, Clonmel, Carrick-on-Suir, Tipp Town, Cashel and all the little villages in between. Reached the Munster semi-final in 2010 and met Dr. Crokes from Kerry - a game they should have won, if they could have gotten over the fact that they were on the same pitch as the Couch himself. Their manager Kerins (can't think of his first name) from Galway resigned immediately saying saying that he "was sick with noble losses" or words to that effect.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:44 am

Being trapped in the dark void to the east of the ancestral homeland I've never really paid much attention to the club championship. What stage are they at just now, and do TG4 show intermediate stuff online? Would be interesting to see what like are Gaeil Colmcille.
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:32 pm

different stages in different counties. You'll not get much intermediate on the telly but they put on a decent number of county semi's and finals. I don't know how they chose the games but it upsets somebody every week.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:55 pm

Will check out the club scene, saw a couple of finals in '09 when I could still get Setanta, Portumna V De La Saile in the Hurling stood out. Time for Colmcille to move up to the big divs.
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down