The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

France v New Zealand - who wants to lose the most....

+25
Gatts
GunsGerms
Oxford Welsh
aucklandlaurie
littlejohn
scoi
TycroesOsprey
Luckless Pedestrian
The Great Aukster
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
welshy824
Taylorman
doctor_grey
Biltong
EnglishReign
G2
screamingaddabs
Irish Curry
Feckless Rogue
kiakahaaotearoa
disneychilly
rodders
Davie
RubyGuby
ME-109
29 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

France v New Zealand - who wants to lose the most.... - Page 2 Empty France v New Zealand - who wants to lose the most....

Post by ME-109 Wed 21 Sep - 13:46

First topic message reminder :

Could we possibly see an international test match between two top tier nations being played next Saturday where both teams will be trying desperately to lose? Given the AB's history in this competition and to give themselves a chance of reaching the final doesnt it make sense? As for France if they play as they usually do and Lose no one will be able to tell the difference...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

France v New Zealand - who wants to lose the most.... - Page 2 Empty Re: France v New Zealand - who wants to lose the most....

Post by disneychilly Fri 23 Sep - 10:27

Ref is Rolland

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

France v New Zealand - who wants to lose the most.... - Page 2 Empty Re: France v New Zealand - who wants to lose the most....

Post by GunsGerms Fri 23 Sep - 10:29

Rolland always refs France in the big games cause he speaks French. He will probably ref the final if france make it.

Best ref around anyway.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Fri 23 Sep - 10:35

Rolland should've reffed the QF then...

Actually I speak French and I'm not blind. Dammit I could've reffed the game!

Oh wait I'm a Kiwi. Oops.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Fri 23 Sep - 10:38

Yep ok leinster. Maybe ill back down to 12-18.
But thats my last offer!

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Fri 23 Sep - 10:46

Leinster we're not taking the French lightly at all. However they're just as likely to be stuffed by 30 as they are to knock us over. Was the same in 04, 06 and 09 all in France. I can see France by 5 or NZ by 30. I'd like to see NZ edge a close one as it would be great for the ABs going forward but if they turn into cheese eating surrender monkeys again then we can't do anything about that.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 23 Sep - 11:00

Interesting that the few NZ'ers here seem to be writing off the French. The only NH team (as in individual country) that has won a series in NZ and beaten the ABs three times in a row and have dumped them unceremoniously out of the WC on a couple of occasions.

The French just love not having any pressure on them and this suits them down to the ground,,,

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 23 Sep - 11:08

disneychilly wrote:Rolland should've reffed the QF then...

Actually I speak French and I'm not blind. Dammit I could've reffed the game!

Oh wait I'm a Kiwi. Oops.

Wayne Barnes is probably second best ref anyway so you didn't do too bad.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 23 Sep - 11:10

disneychilly wrote:Leinster we're not taking the French lightly at all. However they're just as likely to be stuffed by 30 as they are to knock us over. Was the same in 04, 06 and 09 all in France. I can see France by 5 or NZ by 30. I'd like to see NZ edge a close one as it would be great for the ABs going forward but if they turn into cheese eating surrender monkeys again then we can't do anything about that.

04, 06, 09 were not world cup years. If the french want to turn on the style they will.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 23 Sep - 11:20

I would never, ever expect France to lose by more than two scores against NZ in the knockouts. Margins are just not that big.

But it's the pool stages, so who knows?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 23 Sep - 11:31

I actually think NZ will demolish France here. The NZ public will demand and expect that they do and anything less will be deemed a failure and heap further pressure on the AB's. There's also the small matter of revenge for they AB's and I think they'd take a great deal of pleasure in humiliating the French here.

For France I actually don't think they'll be too bothered about losing this one and will be confident of getting past their NH rivals in the other half of the draw. I'm sure they'll want to win but I'm not sure they'll be up for it the way the AB's will.

On paper there doesn't look to be much between the sides but I think psychologically there will be a big difference tomorrow.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Fri 23 Sep - 11:32

I agree rodders I think New Zealand by 20+ in this one.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Fri 23 Sep - 11:34

[quote="leinsterbaby 04, 06, 09 were not world cup years. If the french want to turn on the style they will.[/quote]

Yeah but this game isn't a knockout either. I'd love to see the French turn on the style and NZ match it-the ABs have a bit of style of their own and it could be a cracker. Think the loosies are the key though to all of this.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 23 Sep - 11:37

I actually think France will do well in this game thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 23 Sep - 11:40

At least Dodger, at least. I really think we'll see a ruthless demolision job here with maybe France getting a couple of late tries to save face.

Buy hey with France who knows they are capable of anything and it could be they who hand out the demolision job here but I doubt it.

I think the first 20min will define this one and if the French score early the ABs could be in trouble but if the ABs rack up a few scores I think France will drop their heads and get a drubbing.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 23 Sep - 13:04

Yes if France score more than NZ then they will win. Equally if NZ score more than France they will win...If the score is the same it will be a draw...

simples.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 23 Sep - 13:28

DOD wrote:Yes if France score more than NZ then they will win. Equally if NZ score more than France they will win...If the score is the same it will be a draw...

simples.

Could you provide some stats to back up that view?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 23 Sep - 13:29

Funny you should ask...

http://www.rugbydata.com/france/newzealand

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Fri 23 Sep - 17:10

The stats All Blacks win rate is nearly 73,47%.
49 games played NZ 36 won,12 lost,1 drawn,4 losses in NZ.
RWC France won 1999,2007,All Blacks 1987 ,2003.
France played 3 games 2009 won 1 [against a NZ B side],lost 2 [1 with the B side].
Australia are NZ`s hoodoo side in RWC`s ,they have yet to register a win,
Versus the Boks it`s 2-1.
Since any team can beat any other what does the figures prove NOTHING,
ANY team on a good day in theory canbeat another,of course only 5 national sides have proved that so far versus the All Blacks.
As to being confident ,your the world Number one rated side,and have been most of the time since 2003,Then your at home where only 37 games have been won since 1903.
Of course there CONFIDENT,any fans would be with those stats,BUT most of them are wary of a possible upset.
I think it will be close either way.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 23 Sep - 17:43

The absence of Read is worrying. The form of some players for the ABs is worrying. This French side is worrying.

But rather than be nervous about the French doing well, I think most AB fans are hoping France play well together tomorrow. Plenty of threats as you point out leinsterbaby and that´s a good thing as I´m concerned. We need to be tested now and put under pressure.

By all means bring your A game France. Let´s see where we´re at. Am I confident? I have faith in the boys. We have a team that can do it, especially if our playmakers can do damage. Would I be surprised if France won? No.

I for one relish the challenge. Every side wants to be tested and this French team can test us. Just the game we needed really.

kia kaha

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 23 Sep - 17:46

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:Until last Saturday, NZ had a likely SA semi final and a hypothetical Australia final. We were going to have to win anyway against a SH side. Better to do it after a SA vs Australia game the week before where we play Argentina or Scotland most probably, allowing the likes of Read recovering from injury a less torrid battle. If we want to win the thing again we have to beat whatever side comes to us. You don´t get that winning momentum or winning confidence from throwing games.

This is the ABs. We play to win every match. There are no dead rubbers, just impossibly high standards to reach. So utter rubbish these claims of easier sides of the draw, strategic losing. Win the game and let the moronic debate go on around you and despite you. Grrrrr!!!

guinness
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2