The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zinzan Brook - Gaelic Football and Hurling Fan

+4
Shifty
DaDubs1
Mickado
red_stag
8 posters

Go down

Zinzan Brook - Gaelic Football and Hurling Fan Empty Zinzan Brook - Gaelic Football and Hurling Fan

Post by red_stag Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:46 am

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/world-cup/other-news/all-blacks-dual-star-2871650.html

Apparently this was a big hobby of Zinzan's;

Speaking about Gaelic Football,
“I loved the freedom, being able to kick and punch, especially to kick and punch the ball! You were allowed to kick it and it just thrilled me. It was a 180-degree game, not like rugby where it’s all one way. I played it for about eight years.”

Such was his love for the sport, it almost destroyed his dream of remaining an All Black. As his duel for the No 8 jersey with Shelford was at its fiercest, the All Blacks had arranged a trial match during which the two men would be in opposition. Brooke, though, played a GAA match the previous day.

Last edited by red_stag on Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Zinzan Brook - Gaelic Football and Hurling Fan Empty Re: Zinzan Brook - Gaelic Football and Hurling Fan

Post by Mickado Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:58 am

I knew he had played hurling before but I didn’t know he was that into it.
It’s a glowing testimonial of our national game and it does fill me with pride to hear him talking about it like that.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Zinzan Brook - Gaelic Football and Hurling Fan Empty Re: Zinzan Brook - Gaelic Football and Hurling Fan

Post by DaDubs1 Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:18 am

Jesus does the fella have anger issue's?! Ive never seen a man describe so happily the pleasures of 'kicking and punching, and punching and kicking'

DaDubs1

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:13 am

DaDubs1 wrote:Jesus does the fella have anger issue's?! Ive never seen a man describe so happily the pleasures of 'kicking and punching, and punching and kicking'
I dare you to walk up to him and ask him that! Whistle
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by dublin_dave Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:13 am

zinzan could do a job as an impact sub coming off the bench to replace Declan Bastick. No point resting on our laurels after winning the All Ireland need to kick on.

anyone whose name is zinzan is a legend. will never forget the drop goal v england. never has an english defeat made me happier than that one. The two little oriental brothers mouthing about how they had Lomus number. Then put on their back sides in the first few minutes. also you could not get a smugger more arrogant centre pairing then guscott and carling.

dublin_dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:22 am

I do love these stories, especially when it helps promote our National Sports, to others who may never have heard of them

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:37 am

DENIS Bastick!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:59 am

Bastick isn't that good. I didn't think the Dub midfield was that good but they did well in the final in fairness.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:13 am

Bastick isn't a showbiz midfielder, he done a great job defensively and popped up with a few crucial points.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by dublin_dave Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:48 am

massively improved was DENIS Bastick. Got deccie on the brain i do

As was Philly Flynn, Michael Dara Patrick Anthony Ignatius Pius Mc Auley, Barry Cullen and Donald Connolly : )

in all seriousness what a win and an epic day out. HC and All Ireland final in the same year. My poor liver has taken some beating.

Roll on the World Cup Final v the Kiwis. BELIEVE

dublin_dave

Back to top Go down

Post by tecphobe Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:31 am

he played with the mcafee brothers both of who played for ballerin and derry. James was my coach at underage level in Gaa and told me this story in the mid-90's after he returned from new zeland. Interestingly james coaching method were very heavily influenced by his time in new zeland. I just tohugh it was one of thos stories turns out not.

tecphobe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down