The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Davis cup - Semifinals

3 posters

Go down

Davis cup - Semifinals Empty Davis cup - Semifinals

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Fri 23 Sep 2011, 12:23 pm

I don't think there is an article o this topic yet.

"Davis Cup World Group semi-final latest scores on Sunday:

Spain beat France 4-1 Fernando Verdasco (Spain) beat Richard Gasquet (France) 6-2 6-1 Rafa Nadal (Spain) beat Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (France) 6-0 6-2 6-4

Played on Saturday Michael Llodra/Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (France) beat Feliciano Lopez/Fernando Verdasco (Spain) 6-1 6-2 6-0

Played on Friday David Ferrer (Spain) beat Gilles Simon (France) 6-1 6-4 6-1 Rafa Nadal (Spain) beat Richard Gasquet (France) 6-3 6-0 6-1

- -

Argentina lead Serbia 3-1 Juan Martin Del Potro (Argentina) beat Novak Djokovic (Serbia) 7-6(5) 3-0 (Djokovic retired)

Played on Saturday Nenad Zimonjic/Viktor Troicki (Serbia) beat Juan Ignacio Chela/Juan Monaco (Argentina) 7-6(4) 6-4 6-2

Played on Friday Juan Martin Del Potro (Argentina) beat Janko Tipsarevic (Serbia) 7-5 6-3 6-4 David Nalbandian (Argentina) beat Viktor Troicki (Serbia) 6-4 4-6 6-2 6-3"

The performance of the French team has been overall pretty ugly. In particular Gasquet didn't live up to expectations and Tsonga was pretty average too.

For the Argentinians, instead, a very convincing win, with an in-form Del Potro in the spotlight, dominating his two singles matches against Tipso and the Djoker.

Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Davis cup - Semifinals Empty Re: Davis cup - Semifinals

Post by socal1976 Fri 23 Sep 2011, 12:27 pm

Who gets the home match in the final? Either way I favor the spainiards, they can beat the Argies on clay, hardcourt, or grass.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Fri 23 Sep 2011, 12:36 pm

Yes, Spain will be playing the final at home, and for this reason has to be considered the strong favourite for tha title.

On the other hand I think Nalbandian is capable to beat Verdasco and delpo could give the upset to Nadal. The crowd over there may be pretty scary though.
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Fri 23 Sep 2011, 12:57 pm

I don't know jeremy, I see it as something like a 80 percent probability that spain wins this. I can't see Del po beating Nadal in 5 sets on clay. Nalby isn't that same Nalbandian and even in his prime couldn't handle Nadal on clay.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Fri 23 Sep 2011, 5:41 pm

socal1976 wrote:I don't know jeremy, I see it as something like a 80 percent probability that spain wins this. I can't see Del po beating Nadal in 5 sets on clay. Nalby isn't that same Nalbandian and even in his prime couldn't handle Nadal on clay.

Soc: I remember many other 606 pundits couldn't see Delpo beating the Djoker, yet it seems like it has happened few days ago.

Don't know if you were amongst them...... Whistle
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 23 Sep 2011, 6:41 pm

nah; Djoker finally succumbed to the hellish side effects of the EVIL egg chamber of doom, in other words he failed to subscribe after his trial version!
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Fri 23 Sep 2011, 9:05 pm

Jeremy the guy tore a muscle in his back and suffered internal bleeding, I will go on the record and state that if Nadal tears a muscle in his back and suffers internal bleeding during his match against Del po than Del po will beat him. What is Del potro's record against Novak minus torn muscle in his back, 0-6.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Sat 24 Sep 2011, 11:58 am

Soc: I didn't know the injury carried such bloody toll and btw that the matches lost due to injury were not included in the H2H?? Headscratch

Anyway, good news, if you'd like to read the article on ESPN it appears as if the injury has been downgraded to "not serious".

http://espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/id/6991701/novak-djokovic-says-back-injury-not-serious-require-rest

Also: it seems to me that Delpo was dominating the Djoker before the injury occurred.........how did it look to you?
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 24 Sep 2011, 12:17 pm

First, set was 7-5, not quite domination and Djokovic's back was bothering since the late rounds of the USO if you remember it started to bother him against Nadal in the third set. I am not saying Del Potro isn't a gifted player he just has never really troubled Novak when Novak is healthy. Novak likes to feed off his pace and is very good at attacking del po's second serve. Losses due to injury are very much counted in the head to head. Del Po did what he had to do but I don't think you can draw too many conclusions from that match other then Novak made a bad mistake coming back so soon.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Sat 24 Sep 2011, 12:30 pm

socal1976 wrote:First, set was 7-5, not quite domination and Djokovic's back was bothering since the late rounds of the USO if you remember it started to bother him against Nadal in the third set. I am not saying Del Potro isn't a gifted player he just has never really troubled Novak when Novak is healthy. Novak likes to feed off his pace and is very good at attacking del po's second serve. Losses due to injury are very much counted in the head to head. Del Po did what he had to do but I don't think you can draw too many conclusions from that match other then Novak made a bad mistake coming back so soon.

socal1976 wrote:Jeremy the guy tore a muscle in his back and suffered internal bleeding, I will go on the record and state that if Nadal tears a muscle in his back and suffers internal bleeding during his match against Del po than Del po will beat him. What is Del potro's record against Novak minus torn muscle in his back, 0-6.

Soc:; no problem. If you want to mean that Del Potro is able to give to djokovic a harder time than Nadal, I may agree.

Btw: it looks like the ATP website has not well up-to-date records. It looks like the believe the H2H is 4 - 1 rather than 6 - 0 as you suggest. Where did your find your information?

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Players/Head-To-Head.aspx?pId=D683&oId=D643
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 24 Sep 2011, 12:41 pm

I could be wrong, I came with that off the top of my head, I just remember they have had a few matches and Novak has won all of them, the ATP website it correct. They just updated the recent win of Davis cup as JMDP's sole win. I think Nadal will handle Juan on a slow clay court in spain. I actually think a healthy novak is a worse matchup for Juan than Nadal. But Nadal in a five set clay match, don't feel like juan has the beating of him. Certainly, not Nalbandian either. And ferrer should comfortably be able to win 1 of his 2 matches and Spain has a stronger doubles team as well, so I don't see where the argies are going to find the joy in this davis cup tie.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat 24 Sep 2011, 2:04 pm

From 6-0 to 4-1 in a matter of facts..socal is pure entertainment on these boards appletini
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Sat 24 Sep 2011, 2:12 pm

So it's not just me that finds him seriously funny.

Long life to Socal then!

Bubbly
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 25 Sep 2011, 10:58 am

Anyone can make a mistake fellas, I was pulling that out from the top of my head (or maybe a region further south), is 4 straight wins as opposed to six straight wins not that big of a difference. By the way I think I usually do a good job of researching my posts so you jokesters could cut me some slack on this one. I am not afterall the self-proclaimed font of tennis knowledge that title belongs to others on this site.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Sun 25 Sep 2011, 12:06 pm

Soc: Hug
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down