The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your favourite form of play?

+6
Davie
oldparwin
Maverick
Mercurio
MustPuttBetter
drive4show
10 posters

Go down

Which format do you most enjoy playing?

What is your favourite form of play? Vote_lcap22%What is your favourite form of play? Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 4 ]
What is your favourite form of play? Vote_lcap6%What is your favourite form of play? Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
What is your favourite form of play? Vote_lcap0%What is your favourite form of play? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What is your favourite form of play? Vote_lcap39%What is your favourite form of play? Vote_rcap 39% 
[ 7 ]
What is your favourite form of play? Vote_lcap0%What is your favourite form of play? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
What is your favourite form of play? Vote_lcap33%What is your favourite form of play? Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 18

What is your favourite form of play? Empty What is your favourite form of play?

Post by drive4show Sat 24 Sep 2011, 10:41 pm

Just a bit of fun, which format do you most enjoy playing?

drive4show

Back to top Go down

What is your favourite form of play? Empty Re: What is your favourite form of play?

Post by MustPuttBetter Sat 24 Sep 2011, 10:49 pm

I've voted for 4BBB on the basis of finding it the most fun. I like the whole aspect of things like being able to have a run at birdie if you're partner has made par etc
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

What is your favourite form of play? Empty Re: What is your favourite form of play?

Post by drive4show Sat 24 Sep 2011, 10:55 pm

I've gone for medal as I like the challenge of trying to shoot the lowest possible score.
I played 4BBB today and it was really good fun, playing in a scratch foursomes event tomorrow with the same partner. Really looking forward to that, we play a lot of golf together and enjoy each other's company so should be fun.

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Sat 24 Sep 2011, 11:01 pm

The instant answer would be Matchplay, but then, I think, is that because I don't play it as often.

Matchplay is certainly the format that gets the adrenaline flowing the most and at times has led me to think how do Ryder Cuppers manage to even swing the club.

Stableford is the easiest, but I reckon the better I become Strokeplay will rise to the top.

So, favourite, . . .

I'll go for Matchplay but it's on a fine line.

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Sat 24 Sep 2011, 11:02 pm

Where the Flip is the Matchplay voting button?

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Sat 24 Sep 2011, 11:13 pm

Mercurio wrote:Where the Flip is the Matchplay voting button?

🤦

I knew there was something missing when I put in the 'other' choice!

Other = Matchplay if that works for everyone else?

Sorry

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Sat 24 Sep 2011, 11:18 pm

Schoolboy error there D4S.

Matchplay all day long the pure sport of trying to beat someone into submission cannot be matched

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Sun 25 Sep 2011, 11:30 am

In matchplay you are playing against your opponents score and not against the course.
Playing against the course will always give a true reflection on good your game is, but for me I like to cheat slightly, so go for stableford, so really bad holes don't count.

oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sun 25 Sep 2011, 11:36 am

drive4show wrote:I knew there was something missing when I put in the 'other' choice!

Other = Matchplay if that works for everyone else?

Sorry

By that, do you mean singles Matchplay? (As opposed to 4BBB which is also matchplay)

I can edit the poll for you if that's what you mean (you may even be able to edit it yourself)

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sun 25 Sep 2011, 5:43 pm

Other for me; I'd go for singles matchplay.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Sun 25 Sep 2011, 6:20 pm

Having just watched the climax of the Solheim...a stark reminder of the drama of matchplay singles...is there a better format....eh no!! Of course I would say that having won my clubs matchplay singles a couple of times but that aside i find it by far and away the best format to watch.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Mon 26 Sep 2011, 9:47 am

I went for other as there is no "fore" button Smile

...............singles SCRATCH matchplay and medal for me.

Last edited by JPX on Mon 26 Sep 2011, 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added scratch)

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Mon 26 Sep 2011, 11:38 am

Played in the Essex County scratch foursomes yesterday. Finished 36th out of 45 so my answer won't be foursomes!...

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down