The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brandon Rios beats Miguel Acosta in a barnburner.

+5
coxy0001
D4thincarnation
Valero's Conscience
Youarethegreatest
samevans1
9 posters

Go down

Brandon Rios beats Miguel Acosta in a barnburner. Empty Brandon Rios beats Miguel Acosta in a barnburner.

Post by samevans1 Sun 27 Feb 2011, 6:17 am

http://www.boxingscene.com/brandon-rios-stops-miguel-acosta-ten--36426

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Brandon Rios beats Miguel Acosta in a barnburner. Empty does anyone have a link to rios acosta please?

Post by Youarethegreatest Sun 27 Feb 2011, 11:37 am

much appreciated

Youarethegreatest

Back to top Go down

Brandon Rios beats Miguel Acosta in a barnburner. Empty Re: Brandon Rios beats Miguel Acosta in a barnburner.

Post by Valero's Conscience Sun 27 Feb 2011, 11:50 am

Read all the reports and sounds like a great fight with Rios showing great resolve to comeback from the first 4 rounds which sounded very tough for him.

His coach Robert Garcia is starting make a name for himself with Donaire's performance last week.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Brandon Rios beats Miguel Acosta in a barnburner. Empty Re: Brandon Rios beats Miguel Acosta in a barnburner.

Post by samevans1 Sun 27 Feb 2011, 2:30 pm

http://www.56.com/u29/v_NTg1OTYyMjY.html

Not sure this will work for you lads in the UK; but this is where I watched it.

Smile

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Brandon Rios beats Miguel Acosta in a barnburner. Empty Acosta-Rios: Full fight, good quality.

Post by samevans1 Sun 27 Feb 2011, 2:31 pm

Not sure this will work in the Uk, but this is where I watched the fight:

http://www.56.com/u29/v_NTg1OTYyMjY.html

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by Youarethegreatest Sun 27 Feb 2011, 3:27 pm

Valero's Conscience wrote:Read all the reports and sounds like a great fight with Rios showing great resolve to comeback from the first 4 rounds which sounded very tough for him.

His coach Robert Garcia is starting make a name for himself with Donaire's performance last week.

yeah he is a good trainer, lets hope the media doesnt turn him into another celeb trainer ala floyd sr or freddie roach

Youarethegreatest

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Sun 27 Feb 2011, 3:29 pm

Rios took an absolute shallacking in the 4th; all credit for him in coming back.

The ninth is a smashing round; brilliant entertainment. Acosta stuck on the ropes and fighting back with everything he has; Rios slowly wearing him down.

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Sun 27 Feb 2011, 3:30 pm

With Donaire and now Rios, he could be potential trainer of the year this year for sure.

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sun 27 Feb 2011, 6:35 pm

Deleted

Last edited by D4thincarnation on Wed 22 Jun 2011, 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Brandon Rios beats Miguel Acosta in a barnburner. Empty Rios v Acosta, early FOTY contender

Post by coxy0001 Mon 28 Feb 2011, 9:59 am

Morning guys

Thought i'd break my article virginity on here, only just got around to watching the Rios Acosta fight this morning. Cracking fight, Rios looked poor in the first 5 rounds mainly due to Acosta fighting a cracking fight. Unfortunately the latter didn't have the power to wear Rios down who came back into the fight and won via a pretty brutal knockout!

Apologies for the quality,

Part 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yor-1plO7lw
Part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR33JWbQSs
Part 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG2R--8x6H0
Part 4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykzTk6wXztM

What do you think the future holds for him? Personally i'd love to see him and Marquez face off, whether the latter will go for the somewhat unheralded dangerous brawler is a different matter though etc. Saying that Katsidis/Guerrero etc would all be fun to watch against the guy...

Ta, Coxy

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Mon 28 Feb 2011, 10:02 am

He won't get Marquez because of the promotional battles/ Marquez wanting Pacquiao.

Rios vs Soto would be fun.

The 9th round was cracking; the best I have seen this year so far easily.

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 28 Feb 2011, 10:10 am

sam

Unfortunately in todays current climate you're probably right, although i think Marquez's incessant chasing of Pacquiao is a suicidal move. The guy is still getting put down at lightweight, at some point he's going to visit the warrior well and find it's run dry i.e. he won't be getting back up at some point, especially if he's in with a guy now naturally bigger than him and who whacks harder when he stuck him on his pants 4 times before.

Agreed on Soto, sadly i haven't checked which promotional company he's under as that appears to be more important than what the fans want to see.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Shantel Jackson Boyfriend Mon 28 Feb 2011, 10:26 am

Rios vs Marquez are you serious? Marquez would destroy him and why shouldn't he chase a fight with Pacquiao when he beat him twice. Im not sure Rios will make it he got hurt badly to the body in this fight, Marquez would put him down and keep him there.

Shantel Jackson Boyfriend

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 28 Feb 2011, 10:31 am

Because Pacquiao is knocking 7 bells out of welterweights and Marquez is showing signs of father time catching up with him down at lightweight?

And i never said Marquez v Rios would result in the latter taking the little warrior down, i was merely instigating it'd be fun to watch Rios attempt to walk through what Marquez has to offer. The guy has a chin and an iron will to keep marching forwards, find it amusing you think say why should Rios get Marquez and then try to justify Marquez having a legit shot at Pacquiao.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Youarethegreatest Mon 28 Feb 2011, 10:36 am

Good fight, a better version of Khan Maidana. In this case the come forward boxer was able to finish his opponent unlike Maidana. Rios showed great desire to come back after being thoroughly outboxed in the early rounds.
Katsidis Rios would be fun while it lasted

Youarethegreatest

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 28 Feb 2011, 10:38 am

Quality fight, and one which should lead to a higher profile for Rios. He's certainly game and can punch, however I think I'd still need to see a bit more from him before being convinced that he could handle someone as wily as Marquez, even if it is a 37 / 38 year old version. Right now, I think a world class counter-puncher would completely overwhelm Rios.

But there are still some good fights out there at 135 lb even without Marquez, and ones which would provide a great learning curve for him. Fair play and full credit if he pursues Marquez, but I think his promotion will be looking at the Katsidis' (potential barnstormer, there) and Linares' of this world for his first two or three defences.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 28 Feb 2011, 10:41 am

Agreed Chris, cracking fight

To be fair the more i think about it the more i like the sound of Katsidis (if he gets past Guerrero, i'm a bit lost on what's happening with that one at the mo..?) vs Rios... Can't help but think we'd see something comparable to Gatti v Ward

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Shantel Jackson Boyfriend Mon 28 Feb 2011, 11:33 am

Marquez clearing out the lighweight division is really showing signs of father time isn't it and Pacquiao facing one dimensional fighters at welterweight is a different prospect then facing a counter puncher who has proved he has Pacquiao's number before. I wouldn't find it very fun watching Marquez smash a young fighter who has never fought anyone good before. How can you question that Marquez having a shot at the guy who he beat twice? Marquez proved in the 2 fights he deserves a shot at Pacquiao again. Rios has never fought a world class fighter to prove he has a "iron chin".

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 28 Feb 2011, 11:44 am

Shantel

Pacquiao has been blowing away welterweights. Marquez has been put down and hurt by lightweights. Lets not also forget how bad Marquez looked moving up in weight and how Roach has said they won't be moving down from 147.

It's a simple equation, Pacquiao isn't the same fighter when they last squared off. He's bigger and is banging harder, Marquez is still shipping punches and when you combine the 2 it doesn't look good for the latters chances.

And please don't drag this off topic anymore.

Back to Rios, the guy took everything Acosta had to offer and just kept coming. The guy has obviously got a chin, you don't ship those kind of punches and keep coming with a clear head.

And if you think Marquez looks the same fighter as he did sub 135 then by all means go for it. It's general consensus he's slowly slipping, going hell for leather with Diaz in their first fight and struggling initially with the technically inferior Katsidis is evidence. At some point a young pup at lightweight is going to break him down, it's pretty clear to see for most that he's not the same as he was in terms of speed etc. Even still, a Marquez at 90% is still a helluva fighter

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Shantel Jackson Boyfriend Mon 28 Feb 2011, 11:57 am

Pacquiao has been beating on shot past it one dimensional come forward fighters since their last fight. His opponents are making him look better then he is. It is like Tyson beating up bums and people were making out how he would destroy a prime Ali blah blah. Marquez deserves another chance more so than that bum Clottey, A near 40 year old Mosley who drew with Mora, a overrated quitter in Cotto who got beat with bricks possibly beforehand and Margocheato. You brought Pacquiao up not me.

If a young fighter is going to take out Marquez then its going to be a quality elite fighter not dross like Katsidis like you predicted. Im not sold on Rios having a "chin" till he takes on a quality fighter. I remember before the Anderson fight people were saying Groves had a "iron chin" now they say he is chinny.

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 28 Feb 2011, 11:59 am

Any need for another article on this?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Shantel Jackson Boyfriend Mon 28 Feb 2011, 12:03 pm

Imperial

Looks like Coxy is still stalking D4 and copying his articles. Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 28 Feb 2011, 12:08 pm

Imperial

The initial article wasn't designed to be taken off on a tangent, i'm as sick as you on the subject.

I'd rather keep this on Rios, mentioned Marquez as a possible oppo and didn't really mean for it to get dragged onto you know who.

Shantel

Ok that's your perogative, but i like what i see in Rios. Not saying he's going to grace anyone's P4P lists for a while but i think he'll provide a fair bit of fun. The guy is a monster at lightweight, and regarding his chin we'll only find out if he does get in with the likes of Katsidis/Marquez etc rather than simply dismiss him because he's not been in with a named fighter. If he didn't have a chin his all action style would've come undone by now as he ships punches, doesn't matter if you're world class or not - if you can punch you can punch. Didn't stop 'Enry's 'Ammer flattening Ali and he wasn't exactly "world class".

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 28 Feb 2011, 12:10 pm

I meant there's already an article on Rios and Acosta, couldn't you have added this on to that?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Youarethegreatest Mon 28 Feb 2011, 12:13 pm

coxy0001 wrote:Shantel

Pacquiao has been blowing away welterweights. Marquez has been put down and hurt by lightweights. Lets not also forget how bad Marquez looked moving up in weight and how Roach has said they won't be moving down from 147.

It's a simple equation, Pacquiao isn't the same fighter when they last squared off. He's bigger and is banging harder, Marquez is still shipping punches and when you combine the 2 it doesn't look good for the latters chances.

And please don't drag this off topic anymore.

Back to Rios, the guy took everything Acosta had to offer and just kept coming. The guy has obviously got a chin, you don't ship those kind of punches and keep coming with a clear head.

And if you think Marquez looks the same fighter as he did sub 135 then by all means go for it. It's general consensus he's slowly slipping, going hell for leather with Diaz in their first fight and struggling initially with the technically inferior Katsidis is evidence. At some point a young pup at lightweight is going to break him down, it's pretty clear to see for most that he's not the same as he was in terms of speed etc. Even still, a Marquez at 90% is still a helluva fighter

Yeah marquez is on the wane but Katsidas is no joke; he'll give anybody @ 135 problems. I think he is even more relentless than rios.

Youarethegreatest

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 28 Feb 2011, 12:14 pm

Imperial

Sadly on a quick scan this morning i didn't see it.

Having just found it it doesn't contain any vid links in the original article. Feel free to appeal to the mods if you want to merge the articles, not overly bothered if it bothers you that much! Wink

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Mon 28 Feb 2011, 12:15 pm

Marquez's style is all wrong for Rios. But at the end of the day, he has to get old sometime, right? Plus Rios is young, relentless, huge for the weight and has an excellent chin. A fight I would love to see.

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Feb 2011, 12:19 pm

Hi guys, ive merged this thread with the original one.
Please try to keep a look out for other acticles in case there is a one already on.

Cheers
Y I Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 28 Feb 2011, 12:20 pm

Y I Man wrote:Please try to keep a look out for other acticles in case there is a one already on.
Consider yourself told coxy Shocked

Are you going to ban him for spamming?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Feb 2011, 12:22 pm

The comment wasnt directly aimed at Coxy.
It was just a gentle reminder guys. thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Shantel Jackson Boyfriend Mon 28 Feb 2011, 12:35 pm

Scottrf

It would be funny if that happened.

Y I Man

Where's the laughing smiley gone?

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Mon 28 Feb 2011, 12:35 pm

Top fight; glad people are discussing it!

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by Youarethegreatest Mon 28 Feb 2011, 12:55 pm

samevans1 wrote:Marquez's style is all wrong for Rios. But at the end of the day, he has to get old sometime, right? Plus Rios is young, relentless, huge for the weight and has an excellent chin. A fight I would love to see.

I agree, i see marquez v rios being a masterclass in counter punching by marquez ofcourse

Youarethegreatest

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Mon 28 Feb 2011, 2:19 pm

Marquez should stay at lightweight in my opinion. He can cement his legacy there. No where near as effective above 135.

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by Shantel Jackson Boyfriend Mon 28 Feb 2011, 3:46 pm

sameevans1

Marquez wants to be the first mexican to be a champion at 4 different weights, which is why he might possibly try to fight at lightwelterweight. Him not being effective above 135 is still not proven. Floyd Mayweather has always made everyone look bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Mon 28 Feb 2011, 3:57 pm

He is a small/medium Lightweight.

It is just my opinion; but at light-welter, the best fighters in the division beat him for me. Bradley is too active and too fresh and Khan is too quick and too big.

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by Shantel Jackson Boyfriend Mon 28 Feb 2011, 4:00 pm

sameevans1

Fair enough but I would like to see how he would cope at 140, he has pretty much cleared out the lightweight division.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down