The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Federer dip in form?

Go down

Federer dip in form? Empty Federer dip in form?

Post by Guest Sun 27 Feb 2011, 9:37 am

Novak Djokovic outplayed Roger Federer 6-3 6-3 to win his third Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championship title in a row on Saturday.

The Serbian sent the world number two crashing out of the Australian Open in straight sets last month and repeated the feat with a thoroughly deserved win.

Djokovic broke in game three as much due to his opponent's mistakes as his own shot-making, as Federer sent a forehand long to gift the Serbian the advantage.

Federer was then forced to save two break points in a marathon game five, but, after holding, could apply no pressure on the Djokovic serve.

Federer still leads their head-to-head clashes 13-8 but Djokovic has now beaten him in the last two grand slams as well as in Dubai.

"We've had it kind of come and go in spells a bit against each other," Federer said. "I definitely feel he's playing well. I thought he was already playing well at the end of last year.

"We had a couple real close ones. This one has been one of the rather disappointing matches for me against him."

Source Sky Sports Click Here

Hes truly a tennis great, is it just a slight dip in form?

Back to top Go down

Federer dip in form? Empty Re: Federer dip in form?

Post by sportslover Sun 27 Feb 2011, 12:49 pm

The man has been brilliant throughout his career but time has caught up with him and this type of result is likely to become more prevalent as time goes by.

Having said that Djokovic is at the top of his game at present so it was never going to be easy for Roger.

sportslover

Back to top Go down