The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Cup Quarter Finals

+36
TheGreyGhost
mystiroakey
Feckless Rogue
HammerofThunor
dummy_half
glamorganalun
disneychilly
Jenifer McLadyboy
Biltong
LordDowlais
Comfort
mckay1402
rodders
MunsterMac
caoimhincentre
mr_stonelea
Luckless Pedestrian
westisbest
Cowshot
rugbyfan
Knowsit17
Nos na Gaoithe
Pot Noodle Miner
TycroesOsprey
kiakahaaotearoa
Thomond
Cymroglan
majesticimperialman
EnglishReign
Gibson
mrsuperclear
LondonTiger
Bullsbok
Shifty
WillyGilly
Ozzy3213
40 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

World Cup Quarter Finals Empty World Cup Quarter Finals

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 02 Oct 2011, 10:42 am

So, as the dust settles on the pool stages, we have the NH/SH divide in the knockout stage that became a possibility after Ireland took the wind out of the Wallabies sails at Eden Park.

Quarter Finals

Ireland vs. Wales
England vs. France

South Africa vs. Australia
New Zealand vs. Argentina

Pre tournament, New Zealand were overwhleming favourites, and although they are still likely to be so with the bookies, their chances have been dealt a significant blow with the loss of Dan Carter from hereon in. Tri Nations champions Australia also have injury problems, and look as if they could be vulnerable if teams set out their stall against them, and South Africa will miss the impetus that Frans Steyn had given them as he also heads home through injury. Argentina complete the Southern Hemisphere contingent, although they too have injury issues having lost Gonzalo Tiesi in their first pool match, and talisman Juan Martin Fernandez Lobbe after the Scotland match.

In the Northern half of the draw, France look all at sea, with a player rebellion brewing, and Lievremont with no idea of his best XV, whilst England have lacked a real cutting edge against the better sides and are dogged by off field incidents. Wales, having narrowly lost to South Africa first up are looking good, and are hopeful of having their injured players back soon, and Ireland have looked assured in disposing of all in their path and have no significant concerns on the injury front.

I don't know what the bookies odds are, but the Northern Hemisphere half of the draw looks more difficult to call than the Southern one.

For what it is worth, I fancy Wales to stop Ireland in their tracks. In Sam Warburton and Rhys Priestland they have two players who have really come of age in this tournament, and in key positions. I can just see them getting the better fo the breakdown, and getting enough decent ball to cause Ireland problems.

England vs. France is also difficult to call. Neither have been at their best, yet both are eminently capable of pulling out a big performance. England will need to be more disciplined, and France will need to be, well French, and play with the Galiic abandon that we know they can. Personally, I think England will wear them down, and set up a clash with the old enemy from across the Severn Bridge in the semi finals.

In the Southern half, I have to go with the Boks, despite tipping Australia before the compeition began. They are so strong defensively, and I can see them wearing down the Aussies and not allowing them to impose their attacking intent on the game. In the final game, despite missing Carter, I expect the AB's to have far to much for a valiant Argentinian side, and they will cruise through to a semi final place.

That's my thoughts on the quarter finals people, what are yours?
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

World Cup Quarter Finals Empty Re: World Cup Quarter Finals

Post by WillyGilly Sun 02 Oct 2011, 10:49 am

Ireland v England
Australia v NZ

England v NZ final
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 02 Oct 2011, 10:50 am

Ireland to Wales to bash each other to a stand still, with Ireland sneaking it at the end, but the win will cost them all their momentum.

England to stomp France.

South Africa to be too street wise for Australia.

New Zealand to walk over Argentina.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

England will then raise their game and beat a tired Ireland.

South Africa to upset New Zealand.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Sun 02 Oct 2011, 10:58 am

I actually have no clue what will happen . Ireland Wales could go either way , Wales looking ominious but so are the Irish. England France?? England not looking so good France looking worse but the French could decide to wake up .

Aus v SA could go either way ,Boks have lost Steyn but have their regular 12 , Wallabies will get Digby back in time to defend Coopers channel but have re-lost Drew Mitchell.Bok backline returns to its one dimensional self with the loss of Steyn vs the Fluid Aussie backline.The erratic kicking of Oconnor and Cooper vs the metronomic kicking of Morne .Tri Nations champs vs defending World champs . This one is too tough to call

All blacks to beat Argentina without struggling at all
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 02 Oct 2011, 10:59 am

Ireland to be too physical for Wales and win a bruising encounter - some injury concerns though.

Smit to start for SA weakens their scrum. Pocock plays a blinder giving space to Genia and Cooper. Australia win.

Argentina put the willies up NZ. Slade misses his kicks, but in th efinal quarter NZ score the tries and win at a canter.

England play a high octane offloading game easily beating a demorolised france.

====================================================

Australia shock NZ.
England edge past a tired Ireland who have some key players out with injury.

====================================================

A hat-trick of penalty tries sees England beat Australia to be crowned World Champions again.

Well I can dream Wink

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsuperclear Sun 02 Oct 2011, 11:01 am

I wouldn't bet a significant amount of money on any of these matches really. A tenner on an accumulator might be nice but, aside from Argentina, every one of those teams should be confident of reaching the final. Even France, despite being absolutely awful, should believe they can turn it all around. It's going to be a very interesting three weeks boys.

Thoroughly looking forward to the Welsh WUM v Ireland WUM contest during the next week as well. The main suspects are going to put in some massive hits and I anticipate that several posters will be nursing some serious bruisings come the end of it....

mrsuperclear

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 02 Oct 2011, 11:02 am

Ireland v Wales - Ireland. Ireland's experience, leaders, nous and backrow to get them through.

England v France - England. France are nowhere near good enough.

SA v Oz - SA. They just have what it takes mentally & physically and will bully Oz off the field.

NZ v Argentina. NZ - for obvious reasons.

SF's
Ireland v England. Ireland have too much for an indisciplined England - all over the park. - Ireland

NZ v SA. Just fancy SA. NZ without Carter, are not the force they can be.

Ireland v SA Final. I'll predict that nearer the time.

Anything else posters?

Ok, that's it then. Ok!
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 02 Oct 2011, 11:04 am

mrsuperclear wrote:Thoroughly looking forward to the Welsh WUM v Ireland WUM contest during the next week as well. The main suspects are going to put in some massive hits and I anticipate that several posters will be nursing some serious bruisings come the end of it....

My money is on the Welsh WUMS, they have been in training for this for a long time now, they Irish WUMS are mere novices in comparison and the superior experience of the Welsh will be the key difference. As to what happens on the field, well that is another matter Wink
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Sun 02 Oct 2011, 11:06 am

So tough to call. Any of the NH teams can make the final, currently it looks like Wales or Ireland will do it. I reckon SA will make the final from the other side of the draw.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Oct 2011, 11:07 am

very confident that we can beat france in the quarter final Smile

Back to top Go down

World Cup Quarter Finals Empty Wales v Ireland= England v France

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 02 Oct 2011, 11:11 am

1/4 final.

Accorrding to big LoL, and Michael Lynagh we could see and England v New Zealand final.

So do you agree with them or not?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 02 Oct 2011, 11:13 am

No unless England improve dramatically over the next couple of games.
I don't think the studio pundits believe it either they are just saying what people want to hear.

Last edited by Cymroglan on Sun 02 Oct 2011, 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 02 Oct 2011, 11:13 am

Ozzy3213 wrote:My money is on the Welsh WUMS, they have been in training for this for a long time now, they Irish WUMS are mere novices in comparison and the superior experience of the Welsh will be the key difference. As to what happens on the field, well that is another matter Wink
Not true... The Irish are notoriously sneaky, they would of let down our tyres, stolen our diesel and taken away all our drain covers before we had even woken up! If their on form they'd of taken the guard dog with them too! steam
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 02 Oct 2011, 11:15 am

The Irish have only really started doing it since 09. Welsh have far more experience, the Irish can WUM without even realising it.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Sun 02 Oct 2011, 11:15 am

Surprised at that prediction. I think England have a quality side but they're playing well below their capabilities. The win against Scotland should give them a boost but based on momentum and the fact that no team has won having lost a pool game, I would predict Ireland v SA as a final.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sun 02 Oct 2011, 11:16 am

Wales are looking good. Ireland have their work cut out.
England should beat France based on France´s woeful efforts though if any team is capable of reversing form it´s France.
Australia have had the wood over SA recently but I feel SA are looking good especially on defence. Especially if they can get on top of the Oz pack. Weather might play a part. Think SA might pip it.
NZ will have too much for Argentina.

So I think Wales vs England and NZ vs SA.
What a great set of quarters and what a great set of semis (whatever they turn out to be). So close to call. DC out is a big blow for NZ but that might rally the rest of the team.

England Wales would be a huge match. Recent results would suggest an English win but Wales, if they get there, might well win this one.

SA is a huge match for NZ. The only plus side I can see is they have a much harder quarter and they might well struggle in the dying minutes so if NZ can be within a score that could well prove telling with the bench emptying like SBW.

So you might say left field picks (not to mention biased of course) but I still have faith in the ABs and think Wales are growing in confidence. Hell of a tournament awaits us regardless of the results. kia kaha

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Sun 02 Oct 2011, 11:17 am

cricketfan90 wrote:very confident that we can beat france in the quarter final Smile

Im pretty confident Wales will beat France in the Semi Final Whistle

I think were going to be joined by the Boks.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Noodle Miner Sun 02 Oct 2011, 11:19 am

a little biased to pick England tbh as both Ireland and Wales appear to be in better form atm but it could go either way

will Irelands experience be the defining factor or will Wales' young guns have to much enthusiasm for the Irish old guards

going to be very interesting and the All Blacks without Carter will still be a tough outfit but they will certainly have their work cut out now
Pot Noodle Miner
Pot Noodle Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nos na Gaoithe Sun 02 Oct 2011, 11:19 am

Well I just don't know what Ireland/Wales have to do and what England have to play like for "big country" commentators like Lynagh to give them any chance.

I mean England could hardly have been less convincing (except actually losing to Arg/Scotland)... while Ireland have actually played magnificently against one of the pre-tournament favourites, have beaten England in about 7 of their last 8 competitive games and thrashed them at the Aviva just 6 months ago when England were going for the GS.

For what logical reasons could you actually pick England in advance? Lynagh said "England... because I think they're just too strong" ... yep that's a well thought out analysis.

(Note I'm not saying England couldnt beat Ireland in the semi... just that there's no reason for them to be favourites

Nos na Gaoithe

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Sun 02 Oct 2011, 11:20 am

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:Australia have had the wood over SA recently kia kaha

Im pretty sure that doesnt mean what I think it does? didnt think the boks were that good looking myself laughing

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun 02 Oct 2011, 11:22 am

Wales' superior fitness will be enough to see us through to the final, where NZ will beat us by one or two converted scores.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sun 02 Oct 2011, 11:22 am

I don´t know. Some of those Beale runs have been pretty stimulating...

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Sun 02 Oct 2011, 11:25 am

lol, seriously tho I think the winner of the wales v Ireland match will get to the final in teh NH side of teh draw whilst the boks will pip teh blacks without carter but espescially if McCaw doesnt make it.

Im just hoping France go from a shambles to sublime next week.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Sun 02 Oct 2011, 11:28 am

If France do turn sublime then you can forget any chance of a place in the final.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsuperclear Sun 02 Oct 2011, 11:30 am

EnglishReign wrote:If France do turn sublime then you can forget any chance of a place in the final.

Not necessarily, they were sublime in the 1/4 in 2007 too....I definitely wouldn't rule them out though. As I said, Argentina should be the only team ruled out now. When have seven teams had realistic aspirations of getting to the final of the world cup before come the quarter final stage boys? Best world cup ever guinness guinness guinness guinness

mrsuperclear

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Sun 02 Oct 2011, 11:31 am

Only if they can do it two weeks in a row. If France were playing any other tier one nation next week they would get a hammering. The fact that its England means they might get their heads in the right place.

No disrespect to England but teams raise their game against them generally, The scots being a recent case in point.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 02 Oct 2011, 11:32 am

TycroesOsprey wrote:Im just hoping France go from a shambles to sublime next week.
The French are not consistent enough to play that badly 2 weeks in a row laughing
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by rugbyfan Sun 02 Oct 2011, 11:33 am

The France situation is so interesting. If it was ANY other team in the world we would be writing them off completely, but it seems that it is impossible for anyone to write them off without ending the sentence 'but they are French and you never know'!

I would hate to see it - I'm english - but what a story it would be if France suddenly came good and made the final....

rugbyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 02 Oct 2011, 11:33 am

It's a fair point Tycroes, teams for a variety of reasons do seem to raise their game against England.

If England want to progress they are going to have to voercome this.

Obviously I want to see England win, but if not I would like to see a new name on the trophy this time around.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowshot Sun 02 Oct 2011, 11:35 am

Ireland Wales: Both sides have been improving fast. I fancy Ireland because they seem to be stringing performances together and have more momentum. But it'll be a tough encounter and if the Welsh really click, they've got the firepower... A mouthwatering prospect. Smile

Both are better than England or France as things are at present, I'd say.

England France England ahead at the moment but if the French rebel then I'll be very worried.

NZ and SA to go through in the other half. NZ still favourites for me, even without Carter, but their odds are lengthening and the nerves must be just awful. SA are good at WCs...

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 03 Oct 2011, 12:07 pm

Ireland/Wales vs France

South Africa VS NZ

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 03 Oct 2011, 1:02 pm

Wales v Ireland: it's clear that Ireland have experience in key positions and are a side full of confidence; but I think they'll find the Welsh defence a tougher proposition than the Italian defence. Wales are a side with real youthful exuberance at the minute and their improved fitness could be crucial. Wales to win but not by many points.

England v France: I can see England conceding penalties and Yachvili punishing them on the scoreboard. If England get an early try I can see France folding. I'm a total Francophile but I see the latter scenario as the more likely.

Australia v South Africa: I see a relatively comfortable win for the Springboks. Their defence is excellent and Australia's lack of a reliable goalkicker will cost them. Morne Steyn may not be flash but he's just the man you need when it's knockout rugby.

New Zealand v Argentina: it would be the most incredible upset if Argentina beat the hosts and favourites but I can't see it happening. New Zealand are just a superior team.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by mr_stonelea Mon 03 Oct 2011, 1:10 pm

Whichever NH side make it to the final, I hope they don't do a lap of honour after their semi win. Australia did in 2003, France did in 1999. They musnt fall into the mistake of mentally thinking making the final is the peak. We have a real chance of a NH winner....

mr_stonelea

Back to top Go down

Post by caoimhincentre Mon 03 Oct 2011, 1:23 pm

i am glad that everyone has recognised wales good form losing to SA, Scrapping past Samao who had a 5 turn around and hammering a Fiji team that defended like 5 years olds.

The wales hype machine of 606 is back

caoimhincentre

Back to top Go down

Post by MunsterMac Mon 03 Oct 2011, 2:26 pm

Wales v Ireland - Ireland for no other reason than I think this game is 50/50 but if I have to plump for one it has to be my own.

England v France - England. The French don't like playing the English at the best of times and these are far from the best of times from a French perspective.

Australia v South Africa - South Africa. I've been very impressed with the Boks so far and I think they'll have too much all round for the Aussies.

New Zealand v Argentina - New Zealand. I think the most interesting thing about this match is whether the All Blacks can come through without any more critical injuries.

Footnote: I'm edgeing towards making the Boks my new WC favorites ahead of the All Blacks because:

1) They're one of the few teams who can match the Blacks physicallity.
2) They'd like nothing better than to deny New Zealand a WC in their own backyard.
3) Carter's injury.
4) They're used to playing NZ in NZ.
5) The huge pressure on NZ.

MunsterMac

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Mon 03 Oct 2011, 2:33 pm

Records are made to be broken but NZ hasn´t been beaten by SA at Eden Park since 1936 (or 1934. I can´t remember as I wasn´t born and nor were my parents).

4 and 5 always apply to NZ Munstermac. 3 is a big loss but according to PDV Fran Steyn is a bigger loss. 2 applies to SA anywhere and 1 I have no problem with.

So fair enough SA have gone up in your estimations. But they have a tough game against a team which has understandably gone down in your estimation.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Oct 2011, 2:33 pm

come on england, i think we can beat the french!

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 03 Oct 2011, 2:36 pm

Wales v Ireland: Ireland by 8.

England v France: France by 18.

NZ V Argentina: NZ by 40.

SA V Australia: Australia by 12.

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Mon 03 Oct 2011, 2:41 pm

Wales v Ireland Wales by two tries

England V France England by quite comfortable margin

NZ v Aus NZ by a comfortable margin

SA v Aus SA by 20
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 03 Oct 2011, 2:44 pm

We seem to be getting some varied predictions here! Laugh
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Mon 03 Oct 2011, 2:46 pm

caoimhincentre wrote:i am glad that everyone has recognised wales good form losing to SA, Scrapping past Samao who had a 5 turn around and hammering a Fiji team that defended like 5 years olds.

In much the same way Im happy everyone see's that Ireland are going to be too physical for this little welsh side who just physically held there own/got the upper hand on SA/Fiji/Samoa. Yeah, they're all really soft games compared to that massive Irish pack who are better individually, and as a team than that welsh pack.

The Irish hype machine of 606 is back.

See how 2 can play that game?

For what its worth:

Ireland/Wales - Wales. for me its 50/50 as both are playing very well but seem to make silly mistakes, its going to be one of these silly mistakes that costs a side the game and I cant really decide who's more likely to get charged down etc.

France/England - England. They're playing less bad than France - not an insult.

SA/Australia - South Africa. They're had-single-minded-barstewards who are getting back to their best as the tournament progresses. Their defence has been impeccable.

New Zealand/Argentina - Argentina. Its a World Cup quarter final, Carters down. All we need is Slade to go down injured. Dagg moved to centre and 28 penalty offenses and an argentinian forward pass to be missed. The stars are aligning!

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 03 Oct 2011, 3:03 pm

caoimhincentre wrote:i am glad that everyone has recognised wales good form losing to SA, Scrapping past Samao who had a 5 turn around and hammering a Fiji team that defended like 5 years olds.

Well according to peoples predictions on here, Wales might as well pack their bags and go home now. More to the point why bother turning up for the quarter final and just let Ireland go through to play England who will walk all over the French. Wales did loose to South Africa (by a single point) but we did score more points against Fiji and Samoa than they did and yet people are tipping the Boks to win the cup. Our group was not being called the group of death by most people on here for nothing. We got through that with consummate ease, and as I applaud Ireland for their win over Australia, I wonder if it would have been the same result with players like Pocock and Digby playing. Look I am not saying that Wales will beat Ireland, but I will tell you this, Wales are a much fitter, stronger, and a more physical side than anyone else you have played yet, so be prepared for the game of your lives. Will Wales win ? They should do. Just because Ireland have older players it does not make them the masters of all that is unruly in the "dark arts" we saw what happened when Sir Clive took all the old English players to New Zealand for the Lions tour, for all their experience, a young all black side took them apart. thumbsup

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Mon 03 Oct 2011, 3:08 pm

I don't know why everyone is banging on about this short turn around that Samoa had. If they were playing for their club they could potentially play a a game on Sunday and then again on Friday. It's not much different to what Samoa had to deal with. They're pro players and they should be fit enough to handle it.

Anyway I don't see how an Irish fan can be so confident by beating a team with a well known deficiency in the pack and then beating an Italy team who pretty much didn't put up any resistance in the second half.

A lot has been made of the inexperience of the Welsh team but the forwards and backs have Lions in there as well. I think we have the ideal mix of experience and youth.

Having said that I, like everyone else thinks that this is going to be too close for comfort and that although I have predicted us to win by two tries it will only be a mistake or a moment of genius that wins it...

to put the seal on the win, to put the cream on the semi final cake
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 03 Oct 2011, 3:12 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Look I am not saying that Wales will beat Ireland, but I will tell you this, Wales are a much fitter, stronger, and a more physical side than anyone else you have played yet, so be prepared for the game of your lives. Will Wales win ? They should do.

Our boys better get in the Gym before the weekend! laughing

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 03 Oct 2011, 3:15 pm

roddersm, if Ireland or any other of the home nations were in our group, you would be going home now. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Mon 03 Oct 2011, 3:16 pm

roddersm wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:Look I am not saying that Wales will beat Ireland, but I will tell you this, Wales are a much fitter, stronger, and a more physical side than anyone else you have played yet, so be prepared for the game of your lives. Will Wales win ? They should do.

Our boys better get in the Gym before the weekend! laughing

Rodders dont do it, you'll all be complaining about the short-turnaround time between training and the game then.

Best thing to do is find a nice cosy room and have a sit down for the week beforehand. Wink

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 03 Oct 2011, 3:20 pm

LordDowlais wrote:roddersm, if Ireland or any other of the home nations were in our group, you would be going home now. OK

Well then thank the rugby gods we were spared the humilation and given a nice easy pool instead Very Happy

Comfort don't worry our boys will having their feet up and taking it easy with a few guinness . Us old boys wouldn't want to over do it you know Wink

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by MunsterMac Mon 03 Oct 2011, 3:25 pm

kiakahaaotearoa

4 and 5 always apply to NZ Munstermac

SA and Australia are the only teams with experience of playing NZ in NZ every year.

NZ may always be under pressure but I think most people would agree that what they'll experience in the next few weeks will be beyond what even they are used to.

3 is a big loss but according to PDV Fran Steyn is a bigger loss.

When was the last time anyone listened to anything PDV had to say??

2 applies to SA anywhere

How often will SA have the chance to be instrumental in denying NZ a WC in NZ?

Once every generation at most maybe?

But they have a tough game against a team which has understandably gone down in your estimation.

I never said Australia have gone down in my estimation. I always thought we'd beat them.

MunsterMac

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 03 Oct 2011, 3:29 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Wales did loose to South Africa (by a single point) but we did score more points against Fiji and Samoa than they did and yet people are tipping the Boks to win the cup. Our group was not being called the group of death by most people on here for nothing. We got through that with consummate ease, and as I applaud Ireland for their win over Australia, I wonder if it would have been the same result with players like Pocock and Digby playing. Look I am not saying that Wales will beat Ireland, but I will tell you this, Wales are a much fitter, stronger, and a more physical side than anyone else you have played yet, so be prepared for the game of your lives. Will Wales win ? They should do. Just because Ireland have older players it does not make them the masters of all that is unruly in the "dark arts" we saw what happened when Sir Clive took all the old English players to New Zealand for the Lions tour, for all their experience, a young all black side took them apart. thumbsup

You scored more points against Samoa and Fiji- mate different day, different referee, different conditions, poor argument.

You got through with consumate ease - can you run that one by me again please. Remember Samoa and SA?

Wales are much fitter, stronger and more physical than Australia?

Now I do not want to pull your whole argument apart, but you use comparisons that cannot be proved or disproved, you are comparing yourelf to a team you haven't even played (Australia), you are dismissing your match against Samoa as "with consumate ease".

Me thinks you should go think again, and then come back with a stronger argument. thumbsup
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by caoimhincentre Mon 03 Oct 2011, 3:33 pm

roddersm wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:roddersm, if Ireland or any other of the home nations were in our group, you would be going home now. OK

Well then thank the rugby gods we were spared the humilation and given a nice easy pool instead Very Happy

Comfort don't worry our boys will having their feet up and taking it easy with a few guinness . Us old boys wouldn't want to over do it you know Wink

+1

really starting to dread this match next week. wales are going to hammer us. they are so fit, so young, conquered their group, not mention fearless.

caoimhincentre

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next