The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guys check out.. CHEATING techniques explained

+8
coxy0001
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
STC
D4thincarnation
88Chris05
Scottrf
azania
Youarethegreatest
12 posters

Go down

Guys check out.. CHEATING techniques explained Empty Guys check out.. CHEATING techniques explained

Post by Youarethegreatest Mon 28 Feb 2011, 12:39 pm

onthegrindboxing website - there's an interview with vic balco conte.
Have a listen to the interview when you get the chance and then honestly tell me that Olympic style testing isn't needed.

Thank you

Last edited by Youarethegreatest on Mon 28 Feb 2011, 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Youarethegreatest

Back to top Go down

Guys check out.. CHEATING techniques explained Empty Re: Guys check out.. CHEATING techniques explained

Post by azania Mon 28 Feb 2011, 12:43 pm

I cant access it at work. Can you paraphrase what he says about olympic style testing please.

azania

Back to top Go down

Guys check out.. CHEATING techniques explained Empty Re: Guys check out.. CHEATING techniques explained

Post by Youarethegreatest Mon 28 Feb 2011, 12:52 pm

azania, it was quite in depth but he was just explaining different methods of cheating ie stem cell injections for which you could use gels and creams to erase the traces in ONE day. These substances can be taken every ten days during training.
He confirmed Pacman's achievements ARE suspicious with out accusing him of anything. he also said that evading the current testing is a piece of cake.

Youarethegreatest

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 28 Feb 2011, 12:59 pm

He's given many such interviews in his quest for self publicity, including on BBC a year ago http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/8485892.stm. What's more worrying is that he's working with Donaire and Chambers.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 28 Feb 2011, 1:02 pm

Cue this article turning in to yet another Pacquiao-Mayweather merry-go-round, with the same repeated lines that we've all heard a thousand times being recycled.

Not a dig at you, youarethegreatest, it's a good find. Just inevitable that this will rub some people up the wrong way, particularly D4.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 28 Feb 2011, 1:15 pm

As I have said for a long time that the testers should use lie detecting methods as well.

Very few can cheat them and new methods in lie detecting are reported to be 100% accurate.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Mon 28 Feb 2011, 1:19 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:As I have said for a long time that the testers should use lie detecting methods as well.

Very few can cheat them and new methods in lie detecting are reported to be 100% accurate.

That's not true.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 28 Feb 2011, 1:21 pm

Youarethegreatest wrote:azania, it was quite in depth but he was just explaining different methods of cheating ie stem cell injections for which you could use gels and creams to erase the traces in ONE day. These substances can be taken every ten days during training.
He confirmed Pacman's achievements ARE suspicious with out accusing him of anything. he also said that evading the current testing is a piece of cake.

Suspicious?

Like what being a good boxer, it is clear Conte understands little about boxing or Pacquiao

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Youarethegreatest Mon 28 Feb 2011, 1:27 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
Youarethegreatest wrote:azania, it was quite in depth but he was just explaining different methods of cheating ie stem cell injections for which you could use gels and creams to erase the traces in ONE day. These substances can be taken every ten days during training.

Suspicious?

Like what being a good boxer, it is clear Conte understands little about boxing or Pacquiao

Just listen to it, I don't think he needs to know boxing to have an opinion about this besides he is now heavily involved with 2 boxers that Im aware of Andre ward and your new fave - nonito donaire and also shane mosley a few years ago. As I said he didn't accuse manny specifically

Youarethegreatest

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 28 Feb 2011, 1:31 pm

Involved as a conditioner, he no very little about boxing and has brought disgrace to the world of sport, intentionally encouraging athletes to cheat and lying about it.

His view on what is right and wrong mean nothing to me.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 28 Feb 2011, 1:33 pm

D4 won't understand anything he says unfortunately.

When D4 watched the video of Roach saying that Manny was afraid of needles, then backtracked and came out with a different excuse, poor D4's brain when into static television mode and missed it.

People say he has a 6th sense that when anything bad about Manny is about to be produced and proved, his brain automatically shuts itself down.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 28 Feb 2011, 1:36 pm

The fact is I know more about Pacquiao and boxing than Conte does, so my views are more valid than his.

What is Conte basing his suspicions on? Because there is zero evidence to support his suspicions.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Youarethegreatest Mon 28 Feb 2011, 1:44 pm

Im in full agreement vic balco conte has proved himself as a low-life and in my opinion has been the main figure in recent years to permanently tarnish the image of athletics. But to ignore what he thinks would be silly as he is an expert on cheating. I think it's scandalous that he is even allowed to work with any sports people but his knowledge is relevant and he should be listened to

Youarethegreatest

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 28 Feb 2011, 1:45 pm

Youarethegreatest

Why can't you just put his argument across, if there is even one.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 28 Feb 2011, 2:08 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:Involved as a conditioner, he no very little about boxing and has brought disgrace to the world of sport, intentionally encouraging athletes to cheat and lying about it.

He doesn't need to know much about boxing in order to manufacture and prescribe PEDs. I doubt if conte can run 100m in 30secs yet did amazing things with PEDs as Chambers, Montgomerry and many others found to their cost.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 28 Feb 2011, 2:11 pm

azania wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:Involved as a conditioner, he no very little about boxing and has brought disgrace to the world of sport, intentionally encouraging athletes to cheat and lying about it.

He doesn't need to know much about boxing in order to manufacture and prescribe PEDs. I doubt if conte can run 100m in 30secs yet did amazing things with PEDs as Chambers, Montgomerry and many others found to their cost.

He didn't teach chambers any techniques for sprinting, the guys is a chemist and a conditioner.

How does know about PEDs make him know if a boxer is using simply by seeing them?

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 28 Feb 2011, 2:18 pm

Funny how D4 is so quick to defend Manny but is more than happy to point fingers about xylocaine use at another boxer.

Conte isn't wrong in what he's saying, the guy got around strict testing procedures before and when he says that boxings testing procedures are a joke i'm likely to believe him.

Who knows, he might see similarities in what Manny's done compared to athletes he'd fiddled with before.

Anyway, this subject has been done to death and we wouldn't be having it if a certain someone hadn't created the whole no smoke without fire thing by saying no to random testing. People seem to forget that Mosley could've just walked away and that's a decision made by a past drugs cheat etc etc etc

Last edited by oxring on Mon 28 Feb 2011, 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Overtly offensive, unnecessary attack on another poster)

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 28 Feb 2011, 2:24 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
azania wrote:

He didn't teach chambers any techniques for sprinting, the guys is a chemist and a conditioner.

How does know about PEDs make him know if a boxer is using simply by seeing them?

He doesn't need to teach anyone about techniques. He has to provide PEDs and leave the rest to their trainers. I know body builders who by just looking at Holyfield claimed he was on PEDs. This was just after he became a heavyweight. All of them bar none who say a pic of Vinny Paz claimed he was juicing.

I know people in the oil industry who can, just by listening to the drill, tell what type of stone is being drilled through. Its called experience D4.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 28 Feb 2011, 2:29 pm

So is Conte basing his suspicions on the way Pacquiao looks.

Do you think this is reasonable grounds for suspicions? Really?

Why did Conte not make any allegation against Pacquiao before the Mayweather accusations?

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 28 Feb 2011, 2:32 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:So is Conte basing his suspicions on the way Pacquiao looks.

Why did Conte not make any allegation against Pacquiao before the Mayweather accusations?

I dont know. I haven't listened to the interview. My responses are based on your questions. But yes, people with experience can tell simply by looking if another person is juicing. If Conte suspects an athlete of juicing, then yes it is reasonable grounds for suspicions.

As for why he didn't make allegations prior to Floyd, I dont know. I do know that others have made whipering accusations against Manny. Floyd was not the first.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 28 Feb 2011, 2:41 pm

azania wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:So is Conte basing his suspicions on the way Pacquiao looks.

I dont know. I haven't listened to the interview. My responses are based on your questions. But yes, people with experience can tell simply by looking if another person is juicing. If Conte suspects an athlete of juicing, then yes it is reasonable grounds for suspicions.

As for why he didn't make allegations prior to Floyd, I dont know. I do know that others have made whipering accusations against Manny. Floyd was not the first.

Yeah I don't know why Olympics and WADA bother with any tests they should just get Vic to walk up and down the start line like and sniffer dog and any one that Vic thinks that looks dodgy should get a 4 year ban.

Thats like Alastair Campbell telling you what stories in the paper are true, because he has in depth knowledge on that subject.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 28 Feb 2011, 2:41 pm

I haven't got an opinion either but you simply can't know more than Conte does with regards to this subject D4, we're talking about someone who manufactured PED's that were impossible to trace and being a Chemist he will see a progression in peoples performances and be able to make an assumption far better than we can. This is neither about Pacquiao or boxing, he's a chemist who was world renowned for what he did. Don't make out you know better than him and for the record you may know about Pacquiao's achievements but you DO NOT know about the man himself.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Youarethegreatest Mon 28 Feb 2011, 2:42 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:The fact is I know more about Pacquiao and boxing than Conte does, so my views are more valid than his.

What is Conte basing his suspicions on? Because there is zero evidence to support his suspicions.

How about forgeting about Manny and focus on other boxers?
Conte says there are ways to cheat and to disguise this cheating, this is the main point.
I'm unhappy that Nonito and Ward have been allowed to work with this guy. I'm not convinced that he isn't artificially enhancing them

Youarethegreatest

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Giant Mon 28 Feb 2011, 2:43 pm

This whole "no one suspected pac before Floyd" thing has to stop. Plenty people suspected him, lots of people suspected Floyd. lots are suspicious of all these guys. The only reason Manny has now been accused to much is becuase he refused to take tests and has never beeen able to give an agreeable reason as to why.

Though Pac appearence doesdnt give off substance user if im honest.

Except for the giant head
Green Giant
Green Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 28 Feb 2011, 2:46 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
Yeah I don't know why Olympics and WADA bother with any tests they should just get Vic to walk up and down the start line like and sniffer dog and any one that Vic thinks that looks dodgy should get a 4 year ban.
thumbsup

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 28 Feb 2011, 2:47 pm

imperialghosty

If the op can post Conte's reason then I can judge them.

And yes I do know more than Conte because I have seen all of Pacquiao's fights, more than once and know boxing, other boxers and what they are capable of and the technical side side and tactical side of the sport

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 28 Feb 2011, 2:49 pm

Green Giant wrote:

This whole "no one suspected pac before Floyd" thing has to stop. Plenty people suspected him, lots of people suspected Floyd. lots are suspicious of all these guys. The only reason Manny has now been accused to much is becuase he refused to take tests and has never beeen able to give an agreeable reason as to why.

If that is the case then what the hell is Bradley taking.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 28 Feb 2011, 2:50 pm

You just wish you'd seen more of Pacquiao than just his fights D4....!

Wink

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Youarethegreatest Mon 28 Feb 2011, 3:04 pm

Look D4, like I said B4 just listen to it and judge for yourself, Conte didnt knock Manny's talent, tactics or hunger.
He said based on improvements that certain artificial supplements can give you i.e improved stamina, increased strengths, increased healing etc that the recent exploits are questionable.
This is about boxing as a whole though for example I believe K2 bros are suspicious - but that's just my opinion

Youarethegreatest

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Giant Mon 28 Feb 2011, 3:29 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
Green Giant wrote:

If that is the case then what the hell is Bradley taking.

Dont know. Whatever it is aint got nothing on the ariza juice. Bradley cant punch for poopie

Last edited by David Tails on Mon 28 Feb 2011, 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Swearing)
Green Giant
Green Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Shantel Jackson Boyfriend Mon 28 Feb 2011, 4:15 pm

Poochiao brought it all on himself refusing drug testing though

Last edited by oxring on Mon 28 Feb 2011, 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Attacking another poster, no contribution to boxing)

Shantel Jackson Boyfriend

Back to top Go down

Post by Youarethegreatest Mon 28 Feb 2011, 4:22 pm

Shantel Jackson Boyfriend wrote:I see coxy has gone from the old 606 following D4 around to stalking him on here now.

Poochiao brought it all on himself refusing drug testing though
I would have thought judging by your profile, you'd get on with coxy Very Happy

Youarethegreatest

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon 28 Feb 2011, 5:42 pm

Several poster have alluded to the fact that if Manny is to be accused, so must Floyd, Oscar, Bernard, Pascal, Klitscko V & K, Bradley, Khan, Donaire be - basically any fighter that bothers to turn up in shape and/or move up a weight class. That is a lot of fighters.
---------------------------
As a heads-up - direct overt digs at other posters will be edited. If they contribute nothing to debate - they will be deleted. The clue is at the head of the page - "comment, create, debate" - not make snide attacks and/or stalk other posters. Apologies for any inconvenience.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Youarethegreatest Tue 01 Mar 2011, 10:08 am

Have any of you checked this out yet, very interesting particularly the stuff which I was vaguely aware off about the 1980 us athletes.
That most of the womens track world records are tainted
Blood doping was a very effective way to cheat and to beat the system some cyclists actually do this in the tour de france competition
Apparently Floyd's people contacted Vic conte during the initial negotiation for the manny bout to ask about cut off dates for testing.
Vic says there are no physiological side effects to giving blood but there could be psychological effects.
It was interesting that originally Manny wanted 14 days cut off and Floyd wanted 10.
Vic says to be on the safe side he recommended a 5 day cut off.
Which leads me to nonito - vic says his client is willing an able to be tested anytime, I just think with his experience and knowledge nonito can pass any test if he is cheating

Youarethegreatest

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 01 Mar 2011, 10:13 am

D4thincarnation wrote: imperialghosty

If the op can post Conte's reason then I can judge them.

And yes I do know more than Conte because I have seen all of Pacquiao's fights, more than once and know boxing, other boxers and what they are capable of and the technical side side and tactical side of the sport

Lets be honest here you think you know more than you do, your knowledge of the history of the sport is very thin and your analysis of fights is very basic. You seem to have little understanding of technique or tactics and seem to regurgitate the same lines over and over again.

You may have seen Pacquiao's fights more than once but you have no understanding of biochemistry so simply can't comment on the subject and while we're on it Conte is a bit of a genius so from the outside is better positioned than most to make an assumption.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down