The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starting backrow for England vs France

+4
Portnoy
englandglory4ever
Geordie
beshocked
8 posters

Go down

Starting backrow for England vs France

Starting backrow for England vs France Vote_lcap25%Starting backrow for England vs France Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 5 ]
Starting backrow for England vs France Vote_lcap10%Starting backrow for England vs France Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
Starting backrow for England vs France Vote_lcap10%Starting backrow for England vs France Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
Starting backrow for England vs France Vote_lcap20%Starting backrow for England vs France Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 4 ]
Starting backrow for England vs France Vote_lcap35%Starting backrow for England vs France Vote_rcap 35% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 20

Starting backrow for England vs France Empty Starting backrow for England vs France

Post by beshocked Tue 4 Oct - 14:53

What do you think?

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Starting backrow for England vs France Empty Re: Starting backrow for England vs France

Post by Geordie Tue 4 Oct - 14:58

6 Haskell
7 Wood
8 Croft

Wink

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Starting backrow for England vs France Empty Re: Starting backrow for England vs France

Post by englandglory4ever Tue 4 Oct - 15:06

I watched the Scotland game again and particularly focused on Moody. It was as I thought. Moody was virtually anonymous the whole match. He made, at most, 2 effective tackles and about 6 or 7 ineffective attempts where he just slid off and did not stop the Scottish player. England pretty much played with just 7 forwards due to his lacklustre contribution.

It was a very indifferent performance and he should definitely lose his starting place.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Tue 4 Oct - 15:12

Croft,Moody, Easter.
ndnd
And my mind will range completely after the RWC.

That's my best England RWC 2011 selection.

But as it's inevitably flawed due to the Irish/Oz game so it is parallel to the 2007 final, we don't deserve to be there.

Let the 3Ns and W/Ire thump it out.
Q/S-finals is enough.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Tue 4 Oct - 15:18

Have you been at the sherry again Portnoy?
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue 4 Oct - 15:22

Carpe Diem I agree I couldn't understand half of what Portnoy said.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Tue 4 Oct - 15:25

You're not wrong.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armchairexpert Tue 4 Oct - 19:47

Let's start with No 8. Either Easter or Haskell, I'll discount Waldron for now as I simply haven't seen enough of him and anyway it hasn't been at this level or in an England shirt.

Haskell is definitely the more eye catching player and he has played much better recently. He is at his best marauding around in open play. He looks great when the pack is going forward and he carries the ball up in midfield off quick ball. What Easter does well is a lot of tidying up work and this comes into play when England are "not on the front foot". When all is fast and open and going forward he is about as useful as a chocolate teapot, he simply doesn't keep up in the same why that Haskell does. However in a game where England have slow ball he acts as a pivot around which they can play, moving it from static ruck to a maul or ruck with front foot ball. OK he isn't likely to blast a hole in the opposition but sometimes the difference bewteen 5% backwards and 5% forwards is huge. Last week was the perfect example where he made a difference when he came on.

The other point is scrum time........... especially when the scrum is under pressure you need a No 8 who knows how to and when to get the ball out. As soon as possible if the front 5 is under pressure and if they have the squeeze on the 8 should be directing and controlling the shove not allowing it to wheel,break up and the ball to turned over. Easter does this, Haskell does not.

In short unless England are going to totally dominate the breakdown and set piece, start Easter.

Armchairexpert

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Tue 4 Oct - 19:54

I voted for Croft Wood Haskell.

Although i think it will Croft, Moody,Easter.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Wed 5 Oct - 21:21

It should be Croft, Easter, Wood

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down