The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paul Ince on snoods

3 posters

Go down

Paul Ince on snoods  Empty Paul Ince on snoods

Post by ADMIN Mon 28 Feb 2011, 7:52 pm

Former England captain Paul Ince has condemned Premier League footballers who wear snoods, baseball caps turned sideways, headphones - and tights.

"Back in my time, and I sound old now, it was black and white boots and that was it," the Notts County boss told Midlands Late Kick Off.

"Now you've got snoods, people wearing headphones when they are doing interviews, which I find disrespectful, pink boots, green boots, you name it they've got it, tights - they'll be wearing skirts next.

"You try to bring your kids up the right way and I think somewhere down the line managers have got to come together and say: 'Listen if you are doing interviews, you don't wear headphones, no hats, no silly stuff like that'. I don't think it's the way football should be played. We should all, as a managers' union, come together and stop all this. It's getting ridiculous I'm afraid.

"I'm sick and tired of seeing players, even when it's mild weather, wearing tights and these things [snoods] around their necks. It's not right.

"You see players coming off the buses with earphones around their ears. What ever happened to the art of conversation? You go into the changing room and they've all got their headphones on listening to their own bit of music. When I was at Inter Milan we used to have dinner together and talk together for two to three hours getting to know one another."

Ince, now 43, played for West Ham, Manchester United, Inter Milan, Liverpool, Middlesbrough, Wolves, Swindon and Macclesfield, where he was player-manager.

He has also managed MK Dons twice, Blackburn and now Notts County.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Paul Ince on snoods  Empty Re: Paul Ince on snoods

Post by Guest Mon 28 Feb 2011, 8:13 pm

Has a point, don't agree with wearing gloves/snoods during a football game. Also don't agree with headphones and the such being allowed on the bench/bus/changing room- have one speaker playing the music instead of everyone keeping themselves seperate.

Back to top Go down

Post by goldwolf Mon 28 Feb 2011, 9:25 pm

He can't have seen John Barnes in his tights and gloves then!

goldwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Mon 28 Feb 2011, 9:48 pm

I dont see anything wrong with wearing gloves and dont see what the issue with coloured boots are. I personally wear white and orange boots (I just play fives tho).

I think snoods and tights are ridiculous. But as goldwolf says tights are not anything new.

As for headphones on bus/changng room then yes if thats how the players feel best way for them to get prepered and focused for the match.

There was a lot of issues when teams spending time togethor, i mean half the arsenal team under george graham had alchohol problems. The rumours of the gambling debts accred on the england team bus.

And finally Baseball Caps, well i am a hat enthusiast so am biased on that matter.

But i think if the biggest issues wth football are current players dress sense, then it is in a lot healthier state than i thought

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Mar 2011, 8:42 am

Well, snoods have been banned by the International FA Board. Come July 1st they are no more

Source: BBC Sport Ckick Here

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down