The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ashamed Tuilagi Makes a Break For It

+33
Knackeredknees
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Glas a du
LondonTiger
Pal Joey
Cari
clivemcl
maestegmafia
rugbyfan
George Carlin
aucklandlaurie
Biltong
samuraidragon
PJHolybloke
Gatts
slartibartfast
Redrage
sirtidychris
RubyGuby
nathan
Davie
Breadvan
BATH_BTGOG
gavstar
Taylorman
tomathy
EnglishReign
Ozzy3213
Cymroglan
Shifty
mystiroakey
wales606
TheGreyGhost
37 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ashamed Tuilagi Makes a Break For It Empty Ashamed Tuilagi Makes a Break For It

Post by TheGreyGhost Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:28 am

Tuilagi is apparently so ashamed of England's performance in yesterday's Qfinal exit, that he could no longer bare to be associated with his bested team mates.

The team had apparently become lost on their way to the plane, mistakenly believing they could take the Waiheke ferry to Sydney airport and avoid the British Tabloid media ruck at Auckland airport.

"I couldn't show my face amongst that idiot rabble amid another humiliating ruck-shy debacle" said the distraught young Samoan, "At the time, swimming back to Samoa seemed like a better option."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby-world-cup-2011/news/article.cfm?c_id=522&objectid=10757902

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Ashamed Tuilagi Makes a Break For It Empty Re: Ashamed Tuilagi Makes a Break For It

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:29 am

I dont really know what to say about this England team's off pitch behaviour

Back to top Go down

Ashamed Tuilagi Makes a Break For It Empty Re: Ashamed Tuilagi Makes a Break For It

Post by wales606 Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:30 am

There out of the WC and their still making headlines for stupid things. *sigh*
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:32 am

lol, Funny as hell.Good work Tuilagi! Not sure what is more funny- Tuliagas behaviour or GG's atempt at degraded england for the 15th time this hour

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:35 am

I think Huw Bennett got it right

"Well, they've been brilliant ambassadors and ... Huw Bennett, before the game [against Ireland] said 'You're in dream land at the moment and you've got an opportunity so why would you want to stuff it up by doing anything crazy off the field'?"

wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:38 am

he took a swim, get over it

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Ashamed Tuilagi Makes a Break For It Empty Ferrygate? Tuilagi reportedly detained by police =/

Post by Shifty Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:48 am

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbynation/other-rugby-world-cup-news/2011/10/09/rugby-world-cup-england-suffer-more-shame-as-tuilagi-reportedly-detained-by-police-91466-29566323/

ENGLAND'S disastrous World Cup ended in more controversial headlines after reports in New Zealand claimed centre Manu Tuilagi was detained by police.

The New Zealand Herald tonight reported the Samoan-born star was met by police after he was believed to have jumped off the Fullers ferry Superflyte on its arrival from Waiheke Island with the defeated team on board, just before 7pm.

England were sent packing from the competition after losing 19 - 12 to France on Saturday.

Police spokeswoman Noreen Hegarty said a member of the team, reported by the newspaper to be Tuilagi, swam a short distance to Pier 3 at the downtown ferry terminal before being taken to the Auckland Central police station.

The Herald claims he was formally warned there about the offence of disorderly behaviour, and then released to the the England team management.

Fullers general manager for service delivery, Warren Fowler, said: "It could have been tragic with vessels coming in here and someone jumping off the back of a vessel when it is going to be reversing shortly."

Earlier this month, the IRB fined Tuilagi $10,000 for wearing an unapproved mouthguard carrying the name of a sponsor.

The reports come at the end of a dismal campaign for England that saw Mike Tindall hit the front pages after being caught on CCTV during a drunken night out.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:49 am

mystiroakey Being a member of the RNLI I dont see the funny side of it.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:52 am

oh lol. haha - surely he would have given you a good story to tell after work

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:00 am

Ferrygate Smile
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:01 am

No doubt the English fans will make out he was the victim.

Just like Matt Stevens when he took coke the English fans all made out he was the victim,
whilst at the same time Henson was on unpaid leave from the Ospreys for depression but was labelled an idoit!

Manu has made a massive fool of himself,what on earth was he thinking?
Not going to say any names but you could imagine some of the idiots from the England squad egging him on to do it!
and when a say not naming any one i mean a certain NZ born hooker,a self branded goofy backrower,a cocky Tigers scrum half,a wanna be fullback,another wanna be full back who can't even get first choice on the wing over Mark Cueto , a show pony swan diving winger, a lock who thinks he is "well hard" and a centre with a crocked nose.

England should hang their heads in shame they have let down everyone back home.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:02 am

P.S loving your version of event GreyGhost Ok!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:14 am

view, who exactly made Stevens out to be a victim? I don't remember that happening at all fella.

Is your spelling of 'idiot' intended to be ironic? Wink
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:16 am

Ozzy3213 wrote:
Is your spelling of 'idiot' intended to be ironic? Wink

Headscratch

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:17 am

Nope speed typing and no spell check and on the old 606 anyone who talked about stevens was shot down by the English lads and told to judging him etc etc..

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:19 am

if someone was proved to have done coke- then thats a line crossed. And even I wouldnt back him up. And i back the english players up for almost everything

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:21 am

mystiroakey wrote:if someone was proved to have done coke- then thats a line crossed.

drumroll

Is there anyone here from Brooklyn?

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:23 am

TheGreyGhost wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:if someone was proved to have done coke- then thats a line crossed.

drumroll

Is there anyone here from Brooklyn?

Doh freudian slip

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:23 am

Didn't Robbie Fowler do something like that against Everton? laughing
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:26 am

Now that they're out, let hell break loose for all I care.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by tomathy Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:28 am

viewtothegym wrote:Nope speed typing and no spell check and on the old 606 anyone who talked about stevens was shot down by the English lads and told to judging him etc etc..

That's not really making him out to be a victim though. I doubt he reads internet message boards, so unlikely he'd have been victimised by it.

My position on this is that, whilst we need drug laws to deter people from using dangerous drugs, individual users of it aren't harming anyone but themselves, so I would avoid making a harsh moral judgement about them. He accepted his ban, went away, got his life back on track and made it to the world cup. I can't really see the point of criticising him. Everyone has done something stupid at some point.
tomathy
tomathy

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:31 am

tomathy wrote:
viewtothegym wrote:Nope speed typing and no spell check and on the old 606 anyone who talked about stevens was shot down by the English lads and told to judging him etc etc..

That's not really making him out to be a victim though. I doubt he reads internet message boards, so unlikely he'd have been victimised by it.

My position on this is that, whilst we need drug laws to deter people from using dangerous drugs, individual users of it aren't harming anyone but themselves, so I would avoid making a harsh moral judgement about them. He accepted his ban, went away, got his life back on track and made it to the world cup. I can't really see the point of criticising him. Everyone has done something stupid at some point.

yep thats correct. As long as they sort it out,admit it and get on with there lifes. problem with rec drug use and sport is that it can effect your performance- you dont wanna let your team mates down. All this other stuff i find ridiculas- so many people on here are so shocked by a couple of english pranks- its like have you ever lived!!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:33 am

Cymroglan wrote:mystiroakey Being a member of the RNLI I dont see the funny side of it.

I agree. And being a member of the local dive club I'm embarrassed.

That half pike turn and tuck dive was terrible... boxing

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:39 am

First taking coke is harming people right from where the plant is grown and the under ground factory's that make it all the way to how it is distributed is reliant on harming people!
No excuse for drug use.

Second yes of course i have made mistakes and yes pulled no end of pranks even now at 32 i struggle to tone down being a WUM amongst friends by what i say and do,
but im not on tour representing my country,they are.
Already i see the English fans are toning it down trying to brush it under the carpet.

I can't believe the IRB are allowing this shambles host the next world cup.

Back to top Go down

Post by gavstar Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:48 am

I can hear it now on the back of that ferry ' Behaviour , what behaviour, as if we give a sh**e, and we 'aint finished yet, who wants to make the last statement before we leave this f****** place' go on boy, in you go!

Was there a post match talk by johnson, not likely.

gavstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:56 am

Hard case...the English don't know what they get when they take on an Islander. Whistle

Can't keep a duck out of water too long...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:08 am

I reckon Ashton pushed him for revenge from the punch he give.

I can see it now Manu sipping on a hot chocolate leaning on the rails thinking how nice the harbour looks and then boom someone grabs him around the knees and tips him over.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:09 am

Taylorman wrote:Hard case...the English don't know what they get when they take on an Islander. Whistle

Can't keep a duck out of water too long...
Toby Faletau has behaved himself!
Hell the worst thing he has done is shave off his afro so we can't call him Froby Faletau Sad.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:53 am

I heard the ferry was taking on water an he didn't want to be on another sinking ship this weekend. laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:55 am

Knock Knock,
who's there?
Your plane leaves in an hour Mr Johnson.

Back to top Go down

Post by BATH_BTGOG Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:55 am

Sums up England's RWC, all rather pathetic and a damp squib, although Manu was one of the better performers, but he is Samoan!
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:08 am

Laugh Think this about sums up the RWC for England. Doh

Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:09 am

Gotta love the totally unbiased reports from a New Zealand and a Welsh rag on this non-event

Is it any wonder England fans have a problem with NZ and Wales?

And then we get comments that only the English papers are full of tripe.

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:13 am

viewtothegym wrote:Knock Knock,
who's there?
Your plane leaves in an hour Mr Johnson.

Well you can tell your a welsh fan!

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:15 am

TheGreyGhost wrote:Tuilagi is apparently so ashamed of England's performance in yesterday's Qfinal exit, that he could no longer bare to be associated with his bested team mates.

The team had apparently become lost on their way to the plane, mistakenly believing they could take the Waiheke ferry to Sydney airport and avoid the British Tabloid media ruck at Auckland airport.

"I couldn't show my face amongst that idiot rabble amid another humiliating ruck-shy debacle" said the distraught young Samoan, "At the time, swimming back to Samoa seemed like a better option."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby-world-cup-2011/news/article.cfm?c_id=522&objectid=10757902

So your deliberately making stuff up again..... classy...

Message to the people that run this site... You need to put a stop to this.

Last edited by nathan on Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:16 am

Davie wrote:Gotta love the totally unbiased reports from a New Zealand and a Welsh rag on this non-event

Is it any wonder England fans have a problem with NZ and Wales?

And then we get comments that only the English papers are full of sh!t

not sure why so many are so interested in us- lol NZ could end up winning the rugby world cup- yet the front page scoop will be a close fight between an england player riding a scooter without a crash helmet or an england player eating a cream cake

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:17 am

Davie - there's an article obout it on the Beeb too you know, not just Welsh or NZ press. Got to say don't really understand the tone of your comment (as in, are you joking?)

Everyone knows the Welsh press is fool of rubbish, it's even been highlighted how much it's benefited the Welsh team not to be surrounded by it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:19 am

Quite funny Tgg Very Happy After this RWC with all the shenanigans, you gotta laugh. Shocked

Almost as funny as view trying to hold the moral high ground warning
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:20 am

mystiroakey wrote:
not sure why so many are so interested in us- lol NZ could end up winning the rugby world cup- yet the front page scoop will be a close fight between an england player riding a scooter without a crash helmet or an england player eating a cream cake
That's a good point. The whole World Cup does seem to be a bit of a sideshow at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:21 am

No RD I'm not joking. I also read the BBC article

There is no comparison between them; The BBC report reprints the facts, the NZ and Wales ones are full of tabloid nonsense.

This is the kind of thing the BBC have been famous for in the past - TBH in recent years I've found myself getting increasingly exasperated with the BBC for too much editorialising (something that in the past they never did)

For once, they reported this story straight. Far more than can be said for the NZ and Welsh links.

Read the three stories yourself and YOU decide

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:24 am

Well that's becuase I'd guess the Welsh article was from a tabloid? on not a site like the Beeb that is usually renound for it's high level reporting?

I just found your comment odd about some England fans having a problem with Wales and NZ. I find it a bit sad that they'd let some over the top reporting effect them that much is all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:25 am

dreamer

I don't think that many England fans really put that much store by the NZ and Welsh media.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:26 am

I didn't think so Pete, that's why I found the comment so odd myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:26 am

Ozzy3213 wrote:dreamer

I don't think that many England fans really put that much store by the NZ and Welsh media.

we dont even read into our own press either- its normally only everyone else

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:26 am

nathan wrote:
TheGreyGhost wrote:Tuilagi is apparently so ashamed of England's performance in yesterday's Qfinal exit, that he could no longer bare to be associated with his bested team mates.

Well, it was supposed to be a light way of introducing the story which may not have come to other people's attention. It's not an attack on England or anything, it's merely just kind of posing it for comment. I'm terribly sorry that you've taken offence, but really you are taking it the wrong way. By attempting to make light of it, I'm showing that actually I don't think it's particularly newsworthy as it is.

Although to be honest, Auckland harbour around the ferry docks is a pretty disgusting stretch of water. I'm not sure I'd want to dive in there. I bet the man has the shiites tomorrow.

To be fair, when NZ went out in the Qfinals to France last time, and Doug Howlett got drunk and danced on a Ford outside their Heathrow Hotel, he was dragged through the British media, including the BBC who tried to make a link between NZ going out of the world cup and his behaviour. A lot of folks on the old 606 lined up to put the boot in...Goose, gander, all that.

Last edited by TheGreyGhost on Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:26 am

nathan wrote:

Chill out mate, GG was just putting his own little slant on the story to make it humourous and have a bit of banter. Not sure why people are taking it quite so personally.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:27 am

all the media outlets are same, there all trying to do one thing. Sell papers/Views.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:29 am

rugbydreamer wrote:I didn't think so Pete, that's why I found the comment so odd myself.

I think at present most England fans are disappointed with the level of performance of the team and the fact that off field incidents appear as if they may have taken some of the players focus away from the task in hand. Yet another story is just a little frustrating to read, even if in isolation some of the incidents are barely even newsworthy.

Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:30 am

Me? butter wouldn't melt angel

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:31 am

Ozzy3213 wrote:
nathan wrote:

Chill out mate, GG was just putting his own little slant on the story to make it humourous and have a bit of banter. Not sure why people are taking it quite so personally.

I haven't taken offence, just tired of his defamatory posts.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next