The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Rage...do you get it?

+19
The Galveston Giant
tommyhearnsprodigalson
Issac Watson
Nay
Derbyblue
Liam_Main
GG
cherriesfna
Pr4wn
hodge
JPX
liverbnz
BALTIMORA
sodhat
TwisT
BigPhil
Fernando
Dass
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
23 posters

Go down

Game Rage...do you get it? Empty Game Rage...do you get it?

Post by Guest Sun 09 Oct 2011, 7:34 pm

I'm generally a casual gamer (only own a wii) but I do have my moments where I'll throw myself into a game religiously. Recently started playing Mario Galaxy 2 again and there are a few levels on there that make me want to smash the living hell out of my TV set!

The missus brought me New Donkey Kong Country for Christmas and I almost chocked on my own tongue through absolute anger and rage after constantly dying on the same level over and over and over again!! Ain't played it since!

Do any of you guys get a wee bit frustrated when gaming?

Cheers guys.

Back to top Go down

Game Rage...do you get it? Empty Re: Game Rage...do you get it?

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Sun 09 Oct 2011, 7:43 pm

I get the rage - but not when something is too difficult. I relish a challenge in games because I think most are too soft these days. Either on rails or full of on screen hints etc.

I get the rage when I make a stupid mistake. E.g. In final fantasy, I've been in a battle for the best part of half hour and I feck it all up by doing something stupid like curing the wrong character - I go absolutely bezerk.

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Sun 09 Oct 2011, 7:47 pm

Not so much these days but I used to, hell it got so bad at times that I'd start a argument with the computer/console... it was pretty one sided and about half way through a rant I'd suddenly realise what a prat I looked.

I'm not sure if its getting older that calmed me or the fact that games have gotten so much easier that I don't get the chances to get as frustrated nowadays. Demon/Dark Souls has recently reignited some petulant rages I'm happy to say though. Very Happy

Last edited by Dass on Sun 09 Oct 2011, 7:49 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Awful Grammar (misspelling the word Grammar).)

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 09 Oct 2011, 7:47 pm

Yeah i get angry when its going badly

i had 27 shots on fifa and lost 1-0 mad

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Oct 2011, 7:50 pm

fernando wrote:

i had 27 shots on fifa and lost 1-0
Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by BigPhil Sun 09 Oct 2011, 7:52 pm

Football games usually cause me to lose my temper when things just aren't going your way.

In terms of other games if I got stuck on something I would just be stubborn and persevere with it, even if i had lost faith in it. This is because if I switched the console off the game probably won't be touched again.

BigPhil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Oct 2011, 8:31 pm

fernando wrote:Yeah i get angry when its going badly

i had 27 shots on fifa and lost 1-0 mad

A mate of mine has P.E.S nights on his Xbox. A couple of years ago I went round to join in the fun. Never played the game before and was losing 5,6,7+ nil every match. Later on in the night I played this guy who was pretty nifty and went 1-0 up early on. During the rest of the game he must have hit the woodwork half a dozen times and my keeper played a blinder. I'd say he must have had at least 25 shots but he never broke down my wall and I held on. As soon as the final whistle went he punched ten barrels of the brown stuff out the armchair he was sat in and challenged me to rematch which I promptly declined. He left about ten minutes later in a mood!! Beautiful!

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon 10 Oct 2011, 9:13 am

The rage can get a bit dangerous on the DS. I nearly cracked the screen going mental with the stylus after playing Inazuma 11

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 10 Oct 2011, 9:22 am

Football manager is the worst for me. I get so angry when any little thing goes against me. I think it's because there really isn't that much you can do about it, it feels like it's cheating you...

I actually broke a laptop in my misguided rage once. It was old so I wasn't that upset, but it still brought home to me that I might need to calm down or I'd have a stroke.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 10 Oct 2011, 11:55 am

Online shooters when there's "no way at all that guy could have hit me..." usually sends the Mrs scuttling off into the bedroom out the way.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon 10 Oct 2011, 12:05 pm

I used to get real angry, so much so that I stopped playing football games, firstly in front of my children and eventually altogether. I have this (paranoid) theory that the outcome of the matches are generally decided before they begin.

Generally I try to laugh things off now and just try and accept that annoying things do happen, as the angrier I used to get, the worse I would play and the vicious circle would continue until the controller hit the wall. I went through numerous PS2 controllers due to my (immature) behaviour.

In saying all that, I was going to kill my younger brother last night. We were doing the 2 player spec ops missions on MW2, and some, whilst linear, have quite difficult AI. One in particular, we were struggling to complete, mostly because he was messing about in the Chopper Gunner and not clearing my path on the ground. Anyway, after a while, he was obviously getting bored (McDonald's generation), so he decided to shoot me every time I would get so far in the mission. "It's funny watching your reaction" was his reasoning. I actually made it to the recon point once only for him to spray me with bullets. Needless to say he's lucky I didn't chainsaw his 2 hands off!

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Mon 10 Oct 2011, 12:35 pm

liverbnz wrote:
In saying all that, I was going to kill my younger brother last night. We were doing the 2 player spec ops missions on MW2, and some, whilst linear, have quite difficult AI. One in particular, we were struggling to complete, mostly because he was messing about in the Chopper Gunner and not clearing my path on the ground. Anyway, after a while, he was obviously getting bored (McDonald's generation), so he decided to shoot me every time I would get so far in the mission. "It's funny watching your reaction" was his reasoning. I actually made it to the recon point once only for him to spray me with bullets. Needless to say he's lucky I didn't chainsaw his 2 hands off!
Ha ha lol.

I used to be pretty bad, every time I scored on PES 4 the CPU would just casually keep the ball for about 5 minutes then knock in a scorcher from 80 yards, it would send me into a frenzy and my Mrs would point out that it's a machine and will beat you easily if it wanted to. laughing

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Mon 10 Oct 2011, 1:15 pm

I get very bad when playing Fifa or football manager but used to also when i would play F1, when someone clips the back of your car and you go spinning, 'That ****** ********* ********, **** *******' is the general consensus

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 10 Oct 2011, 1:34 pm

JPX wrote:Ha ha lol.

I used to be pretty bad, every time I scored on PES 4 the CPU would just casually keep the ball for about 5 minutes then knock in a scorcher from 80 yards, it would send me into a frenzy and my Mrs would point out that it's a machine and will beat you easily if it wanted to. laughing
Love the paradox.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 10 Oct 2011, 1:37 pm

liverbnz wrote:I used to get real angry, so much so that I stopped playing football games, firstly in front of my children and eventually altogether. I have this (paranoid) theory that the outcome of the matches are generally decided before they begin.

Reminds me of one of my friends telling me his dad quit gaming altogether after he smashed a glass coffee table with his fist in front of them. Just never played anything since!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 10 Oct 2011, 6:17 pm

A mate of mine had social services come round to his place because they thought he was beating his son.

Turns out he was just shouting very loudly and angrily when dying on Call of Duty. Epic.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Oct 2011, 6:42 pm

Pr4wn wrote:A mate of mine had social services come round to his place because they thought he was beating his son.

Turns out he was just shouting very loudly and angrily when dying on Call of Duty. Epic.

That is pretty shocking....social services actually acting on something.

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon 10 Oct 2011, 7:08 pm

i have serious anger problems when it comes to gaming
espescially fifa 12 dominate people always have 55or ore possesion doulbe shots but i lose because of tactical defending, then i have a 5 minute rant with all the works about how **** EA are and how they ruined fifa. then I play madden(which never annoys me Smile , a bit contriversal but...
you gotta love EA really

but you can never excause COD with all the QS and grenade lauchers making you want to rip your console apart!!!!

cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Mon 10 Oct 2011, 8:50 pm

getting team killed on any fps furious

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Mon 10 Oct 2011, 9:41 pm

I always get annoyed and shouting when on Fifa. Once I went on a run of 3 straight games I lost and all 3 games I had the more shots and possession
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Tue 11 Oct 2011, 12:10 am

Football Manager gives me game rage pretty badly, who would have thought that watching little dots move around could be so infuriating? Normally due to poor passing, missing open goals, missing penalties, conceding a goal, a player getting sent off, having a goal disallowed, annoying press conferences, players being moody (not too much about the game really). It's all eased by the joy of being able to celebrate my team actually being able to score occasionally.

Games on the Wii when it doesn't go where it should, which clearly isn't my fault.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 11 Oct 2011, 12:14 am

oooo that on fifa, when a pass doesn't go where intended, i passed it ****** over that ******* side for **** sake

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Oct 2011, 9:39 am

Any football game gets me annoyed, used to hat on fifa how a through ball worked from defence to midfield, but if you tried to use a through ball to your strikers it went all the way to the keeper or for what ever reason your striker wasn't allowed to run on to it!!

Have been receiving quite a bit of rage lately whilst playing Gears of War 3 online. The amount of people whining is ridiculous. Seems that no matter what weapon you use people will complain.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Oct 2011, 4:36 pm

Derbyblue wrote:

Games on the Wii when it doesn't go where it should, which clearly isn't my fault.

Tell me about it Derby. And motion plus has hardly improved things either!

Back to top Go down

Post by BigPhil Thu 13 Oct 2011, 9:05 pm

On the subject of the Wii. Mario Kart Wii can be the most infuriating game, especially when you're at the front of the pack and you are hit by a blue shell, a red shell and an electric bolt on the last lap. I do believe thats been the only time I've thrown the Wii wheel across the room like a discus.

BigPhil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Oct 2011, 9:18 pm

BigPhil wrote:On the subject of the Wii. Mario Kart Wii can be the most infuriating game, especially when you're at the front of the pack and you are hit by a blue shell, a red shell and an electric bolt on the last lap. I do believe thats been the only time I've thrown the Wii wheel across the room like a discus.

I actually broke my wheel after slamming it on a laminated floor through frustration. Turned out to be the best thing I could have done because I cleared the whole game using the classic controller after! Happy days!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Tue 18 Oct 2011, 5:04 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:Online shooters when there's "no way at all that guy could have hit me..." usually sends the Mrs scuttling off into the bedroom out the way.

That pretty much sums it up, she knows that it is one stop away from calling everyone a Camping ****, (even if they completely own me) it is the whole reason i do not have a head set.

Sadly she also suffers from game rage when playing tiger woods on the Wii,

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Issac Watson Tue 18 Oct 2011, 11:34 pm

i get mega rage on shooter games where the same guy manages to kill me endless times where ever i am on the map.

Issac Watson

Back to top Go down

Post by tommyhearnsprodigalson Mon 24 Oct 2011, 10:38 am

Only get the rage on Football games namely PES and only when playing online, hate it to the point where i can't play it online anymore, can't stand losing to someone you know you can beat only for them to score through the internet connection lagging and then boasting about it after the match!!! i've lost so many games this way and my connection is always on green, oh just thinking about it..........rage growing..............anger rising.........temper flaring...........

tommyhearnsprodigalson

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 08 Nov 2011, 3:34 pm

Don't get the rage so much now but had it bad when i was younger.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 08 Nov 2011, 3:42 pm

I still get rage though, bad, just not game rage.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Tue 08 Nov 2011, 8:58 pm

I get the rage when the n00bs talk n00bish about MW3 and they ain't even played it. Get back in your Battlefield 3 box you silly n00bs!
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Tue 08 Nov 2011, 9:20 pm

Alessandro Ciambella wrote:I get the rage when the n00bs talk n00bish about MW3 and they ain't even played it. Get back in your Battlefield 3 box you silly n00bs!

What happens when you play F1 and someone overtakes The Most Complete Driver On The Grid? (As if that could ever happen!)

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Tue 08 Nov 2011, 9:32 pm

Being his team mate now on F1 2011 I can say nobody gets past him with me as his number 2 driver. I am now a 5 time wdc runner up. It's what Seffano Dominicalli would want!!
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Nov 2011, 9:36 pm

I am now a 5 time wdc runner up.
Laugh
Thats commitment!
Brilliant

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Wed 09 Nov 2011, 7:42 pm

"Alessandro...Fernando is faster than you!"

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 10 Nov 2011, 2:32 am

Game Rage, you better believe it I get it, I'll list off the games that annoy me the most, let's start with Fifa.

I never get annoyed at Fifa at all... Until I'm losing, the second I begin losing, is the same second everything is BS and the passes never go in the right way and I start throwing a strop at any little thing that goes wrong.

Gears of War, when some little complete noob grenade tags you or kills you repeatedly through beating you down, or picks up sniper only to use it as a frickin' baseball bat, or when you're in a shotgun battle and you wall bounce and when you're trying to get off the wall it sticks to it for too long or some kind of lag that happens unexpectedly and you die due to it OMFG ANNOYED ALREADY!!

Fight Night Champion when you're completely owning some guy jab jab move straight right countering him perfectly he barely lands a blow then all of a sudden one punch and I'm out of it, IT'S JUST BS!

Gears of War 3 virtually all the same reasons for Gears of War 1

Gears of War 2 FOR BEING THE WORST GAME EPIC EVER MADE

Call of Duty for complete noobs just killing you in the most ridiculous ways imaginable, just so ridiculous.

More or less any online game that I'm good at but you can occassionally die to someone that is poor at the game every now and then which just infuriates me to the max because THEY'RE SO BAD AT THE GAME!! GGGGRRRRAAAAAHHHH!!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonicTruthSpeaker Fri 11 Nov 2011, 8:49 am

I no longer play any football games, not since the halcyon days of PES4 on the PS2. I was dominating my opponents, only to concede a goal in injury to lose one-nil. At which point I launched my controller into the TV screen, leaving a rather meaty crack in the TV and smash the controller.

Online games on the PS3 also irritate me, especially when you die in very suspect circumstances (you shoot the other guy, who doesn't die but you do when he punches you once), or if I get repeatedly killed by the same person. And then when I get him once... it feels like I'm winning...

DemonicTruthSpeaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down