The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moving the All-Irelands

4 posters

Go down

Moving the All-Irelands Empty Moving the All-Irelands

Post by bluemoda Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:02 am

I see that Dublin County Board are to bring a Motion before Congress in April to have the All-Irelands moved from Sept to August. The further Dublin goes in both championships the less time their players have for their club competitions. This year the Dublin clubs agree to delay everything so the county players would be available to their clubs and now they have a massive chocker-block schedule to get though. Obviously, postponement isn't something that can be done every year with the huge number of clubs Dublin have. This year, for club reasons, it means that some Dublin players (Brogan brothers and Cluxton because he's afraid of flying) will not be available for the International Rules Series, which is a pity. Though I'm not a huge fan of the Rules series, I do watch it to cheer on the boys, I believe if it's goint to happen, our best players should be available to play.

I'n not sure about moving the All-Irelands to August. Maybe I'm being too traditionalist. On the other hand, the stronger both codes are in Dublin the better for both hurling & football in the whole country.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Moving the All-Irelands Empty Re: Moving the All-Irelands

Post by bluemoda Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:57 am

Opps, looks like Cluxton isn't afraid of flying after all, as he is to captain the Rules team. I wish I would get my information right before I post.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:05 pm

Maybe he's scared of flying sometimes Blue Wink

How would they fit them in? Would they have to move the previous matches back a bit as well?

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:25 pm

Hey Cari, not sure I'm should be taking to a Welsh girl, not after what your countrymen did to us at the weekend. Can you feel a final in your bones? I hope so.

Anyway, not necessarily, as there are huge gaps between games, especially in hurling. In football, it took nine weeks to play out the Ulster championship. I just can't envisage August All-Irelands though. But if it's a problem for Dublin, there's a fair chance that they will get their way.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:56 am

"But if it's a problem for Dublin, there's a fair chance that they will get their way."

Too True, but can't see it ever being moved for the Sept dates.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:05 pm

The entire calendar needs to be looked at. How tough can it be?
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:10 pm

bluemoda wrote:Hey Cari, not sure I'm should be taking to a Welsh girl, not after what your countrymen did to us at the weekend. Can you feel a final in your bones? I hope so.

Awh don't Blue. I did feel a bit sad that we had to meet Ireland in the QF. I'm looking forward to the final. Got my tickets to the Millennium Stadium - it'll be mad watching telly with about 40'000 other people Very Happy

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:27 am

What a venue to watch a game. Since the last 6 nations this is a Welsh team with a completely different mindset from previous. France are beatable, and NZ, without Carter look vulnerable, well at least not so invincible. I can't believe the difference his absence makes, so why not. Wales have nothing to lose now. There's a travelling Kiwi working with us at the moment and he says the pressure this NZ team is under is unbelievable and the fans are now very anxious that it's getting to them. That's something we don't get to see or hear about in our hemisphere. Ireland, on the other hand, were weak-minded, but that's neither here or there for now. Hopefully, management will bite the bullet and retire the older guys, if they don't go voluntary.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down