The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is not good for Rugby League down under

3 posters

Go down

This is not good for Rugby League down under Empty This is not good for Rugby League down under

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue 11 Oct 2011, 11:27 pm

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/clubs-in-34m-nrl-ransom/story-e6frexnr-1226164274902
The message for me is clear here in that the clubs want what the TV companies to pay for what the game is worth.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

This is not good for Rugby League down under Empty Re: This is not good for Rugby League down under

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 12 Oct 2011, 2:59 am

Where's John Ribot?

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

This is not good for Rugby League down under Empty Re: This is not good for Rugby League down under

Post by See the Bombers fly up Tue 18 Oct 2011, 12:40 pm

That will unsettle all the people who think the NRL will gain a larger Aussie tv slice than the AFL. I said it before and I will say it again. NRL will be lucky to get $1 billion and this will only serve to lessen it. AFL is the national sport of Australia and for many reasons is far more attractive to both televised broadcasters and advertisers.

See the Bombers fly up

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue 18 Oct 2011, 10:21 pm

See the Bombers fly up wrote:That will unsettle all the people who think the NRL will gain a larger Aussie tv slice than the AFL. I said it before and I will say it again. NRL will be lucky to get $1 billion and this will only serve to lessen it. AFL is the national sport of Australia and for many reasons is far more attractive to both televised broadcasters and advertisers.
You could be right, but the fact remains that Rugby League in Australia draws a bigger TV audience than the AFL.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down