The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NZ v Australia Semi Final: Live Match Thread

+26
kiakahaaotearoa
disneychilly
trebellbobaggins
boomeranga
George Carlin
doctornickolas
Knowsit17
Cymroglan
PJHolybloke
Davie
EnglishReign
I'm Robin F'n Gibb
rodders
Cowshot
maestegmafia
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Ozzy3213
kingjohn7
majesticimperialman
aucklandlaurie
Otagolad
Full Credit
Oxford Welsh
Taylorman
emack2
Pal Joey
30 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Winning Margins

NZ v Australia Semi Final: Live Match Thread - Page 3 Vote_lcap32%NZ v Australia Semi Final: Live Match Thread - Page 3 Vote_rcap 32% 
[ 6 ]
NZ v Australia Semi Final: Live Match Thread - Page 3 Vote_lcap42%NZ v Australia Semi Final: Live Match Thread - Page 3 Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 8 ]
NZ v Australia Semi Final: Live Match Thread - Page 3 Vote_lcap16%NZ v Australia Semi Final: Live Match Thread - Page 3 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 3 ]
NZ v Australia Semi Final: Live Match Thread - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%NZ v Australia Semi Final: Live Match Thread - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
NZ v Australia Semi Final: Live Match Thread - Page 3 Vote_lcap10%NZ v Australia Semi Final: Live Match Thread - Page 3 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
NZ v Australia Semi Final: Live Match Thread - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%NZ v Australia Semi Final: Live Match Thread - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 19

NZ v Australia Semi Final: Live Match Thread - Page 3 Empty NZ v Australia Semi Final: Live Match Thread

Post by Pal Joey Sat 15 Oct 2011, 1:58 am

First topic message reminder :

Eden Park, Auckland 21:00 NZ/ 19:00 AEST/ 09:00 GMT

New Zealand:

1. Tony Woodcock, 2. Kev Mealamu, 3. Owen Franks, 4. Sam Whitelock, 5. Brad Thorn, 6. Jerome Kaino, 7. R McCaw (C), 8. Kieran Read

9. Piri Weepu, 10. Aaron Cruden, 11. Richard Kahui, 12. Ma’a Nonu, 13. Conrad Smith, 14. Cory Jane, 15. Israel Dagg

Reserves:
16. Andrew Hore, 17. Ben Franks, 18. Ali Williams, 19. Victor Vito, 20. Andy Ellis, 21. Stephen Donald, 22. Sonny Bill Williams

Australia:

1 Sekope Kepu, 2 Stephen Moore, 3 Ben Alexander, 4 Dan Vickerman, 5 James Horwill (C), 6 Rocky Elsom, 7 David Pocock, 8 Radike Samo,

9 Will Genia, 10 Quade Cooper, 11 Digby Ioane, 12 Pat McCabe, 13 Anthony Faingaa, 14 James O'Connor, 15 Adam Ashley-Cooper,

Reserves:
16 Tatafu Polota-Nau, 17 James Slipper, 18 Rob Simmons, 19 Ben McCalman, 20 Luke Burgess, 21 Berrick Barnes, 22 Rob Horne.

Last edited by Linebreaker on Sun 16 Oct 2011, 8:44 am; edited 5 times in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

NZ v Australia Semi Final: Live Match Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: NZ v Australia Semi Final: Live Match Thread

Post by aucklandlaurie Sun 16 Oct 2011, 11:08 am

Just thinking well how good are Tonga? and how tough was pool A?

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

NZ v Australia Semi Final: Live Match Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: NZ v Australia Semi Final: Live Match Thread

Post by Cymroglan Sun 16 Oct 2011, 11:09 am

Well done New Zealand good win Australia see you next week mug

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun 16 Oct 2011, 11:10 am

Well played NZ, job done. I was rooting for the AB's from the moment Wales went out. Now all that's left is for NZ to crush France and Wales to claim 3rd...

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sun 16 Oct 2011, 11:12 am

Linebreaker
Congrats on the dominant performance over at Newcastle this afternoon.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by doctornickolas Sun 16 Oct 2011, 11:15 am

Congratulations to NZ the 2011 World Cup Winners.

Throughout this world cup I have watched all of the big games but next weekends final is going to be a bit of an anti climax.

I think NZ will put 40+ points on Franc and it will be a non event which is a shame.

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 16 Oct 2011, 11:18 am

There's no way that France will live with an All Blacks team capable of producing a performance like that.

Lievremont, his facial fungus and his ongoing Greek tragedy in the changing room will finally be put to rest.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by boomeranga Sun 16 Oct 2011, 11:19 am

Congrats kiwis. Too good.

boomeranga

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Sun 16 Oct 2011, 2:37 pm

Congrats NZ. Very dominant performance. NZ in a different class right now.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Sun 16 Oct 2011, 6:11 pm

Congratulations guys, great performance.

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun 16 Oct 2011, 7:03 pm

Well done Oz. Brutal encounter with all the red stuff seemingly everywhere. The class guys still came through other than Cooper- geez Ioane's slipperier than an eel.

Cooper was under some understandable pressure and I thought last weeks match had the ref watching Pocock a lot- we got most of the rubs there. And other than SBW's ridiculous cameo everyone stepped up.

There's a bit of celebrating going on but tons of relief as well. The main thing is we've now figured out knockout rugby a bit better.

Still France to go but geeez what a match... thumbsup

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Sun 16 Oct 2011, 7:19 pm

Yeah that was a bruiser all right. SBW was stupid I agree Taylorman-he didn't have anything to gain and had the time to tackle Cooper properly. Could he be cited at all?

McCaw saw off the challenge of Pocock and played superbly. Wouldn't be surprised if it's another week with his foot up. Cruden showed a lot of ball with his droppie and had a fine game.

Now we're daring to dream but it's not over. The most complete team in the world vs the most unpredictable as I wrote in another post (I thought it up so I'm allowed). Should make for compelling viewing.

Re the Cooper thing, well he did bring it upon himself, and he shouldnt've, but today he lost the war. Hope it's dead and buried now and we can all move onto France. Funny thing is they can all be rattled easily just like Quadie.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sun 16 Oct 2011, 7:36 pm

I think Australia missed Beale today. Ioane was the best back by far and then probably JOC. Genia and Cooper looked rattled and though AAC is a utility player, I think he brings his best at outside centre.

Weepu wasn´t as accurate in the kicking today and his goal kicking was off. I think we had ample opportunity to get beyond the 14 point mark and we lacked composure. But we dominated territory and kept Australia in the right end of the park for most of the game. Our defence held up nicely and really the pack laid the foundation for this victory. We were rock solid in the set piece and looked hungry at the breakdown.

So happy for the boys to be in the final. But the job isn´t done yet. Can´t help but draw parallels from the 2007 RWC. SA destroy the English in the pool match and then but for a foot out in touch could´ve lost the final. The ABs would do well to remember that match and remember 99 and 2007 as well. France don´t look all that good but that´s exactly why we should be worried. I think the senior players look composed and Cruden is doing an immense job for someone so young and inexperienced. But we can only celebrate when the thing is finally won.

Lastly, cheers to our cousins across the ditch. You recovered from the disappointment of the Ireland match and somehow grafted out a win with food scraps last week. We had to raise our game today and it feels good to break that World Cup hoodoo. Other teams up north don´t seem to respect you sometimes but we sure do.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob B Mon 17 Oct 2011, 3:41 am

Well done to the AB's - easily deserved and no controversial decisions which was a good thing. Beale was missed and Cooper well off his game again.

The only thing to sour it was Henry's spray at Cooper after the game - he never said anything until after he knew ABs were through and W knocked out - his comments only only lowered his own colours in attacking a player on a losing side like that. I would have expected it from a person like Hansen, but not Henry. Let's hope all the childish hate dissipates now and life can move on.

Amazing France are in the final - could be a record margin.

Rob B

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon 17 Oct 2011, 4:22 am

Strange I agree Rob, must be the pressure of it all as its not normally like Henry to do that, but then he has morphed into a normal human being over the last few weeks so I guess is prone to the usual jabs and spitting that goes on. I missed his comments for the noise around.

Cooper unfortunately represented some things he probably didn't expect to.

A lot of Kiwi fans have been waiting literally 24 years for a repeat of 87 so Cooper's become almost a symbol of all that suppression and frustration. Sounds stupid but targeting him allows a tangible 'release' of all the frustration.

Anyway, it all kind of felt weird after that match. All the tension is suddenly gone and it feels like an anticlimax even though I know we still have France. Our main foes are gone (France being a paler version of its former self).

Not saying they'll relax and get complacent- the opposite actually- I think they'll completely go out to slay France and hold nothing back.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by boomeranga Mon 17 Oct 2011, 4:43 am

What did he say?

Found it

boomeranga

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:08 am

Congrats to the kiwis, we were not in the game, and the ABs played very well.

Good luck in the finals guys!!!!

For us now nothing to do but wait for the next 3Ns, 4Ns and build on the side. I think the boks will be a whole new ball games next season.

Congrats again to the kiwis, you played as champs to be Saturday.

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:39 am

Cheers OzT... can't deny it was a great feeling getting through that.
I think all Kiwis were inside reliving France 07 and earlier around half time... lucky for us it never came...

Next year will be a lot of fun. SA will be interesting and we'll have some finishing soon as well... thumbsup

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:43 am

OZT
dont forget you've got a game on Friday night,thats if anyone's still standing.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:50 am

hi ya laurie.. watching zinnie on tv1 at the moment?
Jones and
mains etc all there...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:53 am

I'm Watching Laurie Mains as i type.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Mon 17 Oct 2011, 10:05 am

yip we do auckland, good for me Friday as it will be morning here at work and kill some time....

Drat drat drat!!!!

Still, happy we got to semi, now for us to build on it.

Any fears any kiwis here have of losing this final???

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon 17 Oct 2011, 10:09 am

what do you think laurie?
for me it felt like a huge weight was lifted last night and we should be ok this weekend? Compared to last week just don't feel as stressed this week...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 17 Oct 2011, 10:10 am

Taylorman wrote:what do you think laurie?
for me it felt like a huge weight was lifted last night and we should be ok this weekend? Compared to last week just don't feel as stressed this week...

To be honest, I'm still nervous as anything. The French are overdue a performance.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Mon 17 Oct 2011, 10:17 am

the problem is,that if they stuff it up this week then that will be the true definition of .......(c word).
It sounds like every one came through unscathed, Piri apparently had a real bad dose of the flue.but reality is if anyone was carrying an injury now they just wouldnt let the news out.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Mon 17 Oct 2011, 10:21 am

Yes I would imagine for the kiwis last Saturday was the big one, but beware.. slippery skins may still be there.

Good luck though to our cousins across the ditch.....

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Mon 17 Oct 2011, 10:50 am

I thought NZ were great and deserved winners. However, we only scored one try and Aus were dangerous and had great defense in the end. Only 14 point margin even though we had the running of most of the game. We would have smashed most countries playing like that. Aus would have won against almost anyone playing like that. Pity it wasn't the final.
Now for the French. Still nervous as hell
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon 17 Oct 2011, 10:51 am

Just saw that brilliant Steinlager advert where as a young rugby player he saves his lucky 1987 steinlager can. Every 4 years he ages a bit, looks for and finds his lucky can right through till this year where he digs it out of the attic.
His son says are ya ready Dad...he grabs his can and says "I am now..."...and off they go down the road..."this time..."

Brilliant...so feels like my following it since 87...this time...!

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 17 Oct 2011, 11:50 am

Is Brad Thorn retiring after the RWC? What a player he has been over the years! He's a feckin machine. He looks a bit slower than a few seasons ago and is less prominant in the lose but his work rate incredible, he just seems to be everywhere.

Also how long is McCaw contracted for? His body might be breaking down a bit but that guy is a genious. What a performance from him and he showed he's still the king of number 7's.

Dagg and Jane were phenomenal too. Feck I wish Ulster could have tempted Jane to sign steam!
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 17 Oct 2011, 11:52 am

roddersm wrote:Is Brad Thorn retiring after the RWC? What a player he has been over the years! He's a feckin machine. He looks a bit slower than a few seasons ago and is less prominant in the lose but his work rate incredible, he just seems to be everywhere.

Also how long is McCaw contracted for? His body might be breaking down a bit but that guy is a genious. What a performance from him and he showed he's still the king of number 7's.

Dagg and Jane were phenomenal too. Feck I wish Ulster could have tempted Jane to sign steam!

Thorn's off to Japan (Suntori I think), and McCaw's contracted through to 2015.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 17 Oct 2011, 11:58 am

Kiwireddevil wrote:
Thorn's off to Japan (Suntori I think), and McCaw's contracted through to 2015.

Well good luck to Thorn, he's earned a good payday to round of an amazing career.

Glad to hear McCaw is planning to carry on a while. 2015 is a long way away but if he's managed right then maybe he'll still be at the top of his game. His brain is his greatest asset anyway.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3