The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jones injury?

+5
Shifty
bedfordwelsh
TycroesOsprey
doctornickolas
welshy824
9 posters

Go down

jones injury? Empty jones injury?

Post by welshy824 Sun 16 Oct 2011, 12:44 pm

i read on the bbc sport page that jones is "unlikely" to be fit for the 3/4 place play off and they said they could bring in a replacement for jones- just wondering do you think it would be worth bringing in a openside flanker like tipuric to combat pocock in that play off or do we just adapt?
just would like to see peoples opinions on it

welshy824

Back to top Go down

jones injury? Empty Re: jones injury?

Post by doctornickolas Sun 16 Oct 2011, 12:47 pm

No not worth it is it really just for the 3rd place play off.

Craig Mitchell will step in to play at 3.

Lydiate or Froby to play at 7 and bring in Ryan Jones or Powell to the back row.

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Sun 16 Oct 2011, 12:51 pm

hmmmm Nugget just happens to be in NZ and his arm has healed. Tips is about to be suspended for a spear tackle against munster which was dangerous so he wont be there. The other option I guess is McCusker although he is normally a blindside he can play open as well but Im sure scarlets fans are better informed than me at how good he is there. Tirnbull is still out injured.

Gavin Thomas is another option to bring in, he played in NZ last year and is possibly the only fit/not suspended openside we have at the regions. Navidi maybe but dont think hes up to it.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Sun 16 Oct 2011, 12:55 pm

I think its definitly worth it for the third place espescially when they have pocock. I want to win this match and teh one in November I want to see us third in teh world rankings by december and 2nd after a successful six nations. This world cup is over but how we move forward from this will define our team. Beat the Ozzies twice before xmas then win the six nations. Get 2/3 regions into the quarters of the HEC and win the Anglo Welsh or the other Euro plate thingy that the blues won a couple of years ago.

It all starts against Australia on friday.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 16 Oct 2011, 12:56 pm

Cant see point,

Give Mitchell a run Lydiate at 7 Jones at 6
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 16 Oct 2011, 2:35 pm

I'm not sure bringing in Martin for this game is a good idea, I think he is far to slow to go against the Australian captain. Lydiate to openside and Ryan Jones to blindside for me.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun 16 Oct 2011, 5:49 pm

AlynDavies wrote:I'm not sure bringing in Martin for this game is a good idea, I think he is far to slow to go against the Australian captain. Lydiate to openside and Ryan Jones to blindside for me.

The Australian captain? I dont think Horwill is that quick.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by rumpelstiltskindoh Sun 16 Oct 2011, 6:15 pm

the intensity of the game, plus the familiarity of playing together should argue against replacing a squad player with someone who's just been spectating

rumpelstiltskindoh

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 16 Oct 2011, 7:07 pm

Is Jones realy injured?

Or is this Gatlands way of saying to Jones you have retired from international rugby as of this game for not getting (A) that conversion (B)not going for that Drop Goal.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Sun 16 Oct 2011, 7:13 pm

Adam Jones the prop not Stephen Jones!!!!!!!!!

I don't see any point in calling up a back row or prop replacement. Wales have 28 players available for selection and can only use 22.

The question is; do Wales pick their best available side or give some of the fringe players a run out? Its a nothing game anyway.

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 16 Oct 2011, 7:19 pm

Seagultaf wrote:Adam Jones the prop not Stephen Jones!!!!!!!!!

I don't see any point in calling up a back row or prop replacement. Wales have 28 players available for selection and can only use 22.

The question is; do Wales pick their best available side or give some of the fringe players a run out? Its a nothing game anyway.

My mistake i thought it was Stephen Jones.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down