The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Musings from Eden Park

4 posters

Go down

Musings from Eden Park Empty Musings from Eden Park

Post by Rangiora Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:48 am

Just got back from Eden Park and thought I'd share my musings with you all.

Bit of background for you first. Emigrated here over 4 years ago, life long Scottish supporter and also great admirer of the All Blacks and their attitude to the game and how it is played.

The buzz in Auckland on both days was good but didn't quite match what I've experienced in Edinburgh or Cardiff , maybe it was due to the late time of kick off because by the time it came to make our way to the game it was party on and an awesome atmosphere with lots of Welsh and French fans along with a fair smattering of Oz and Bok plus the Kiwis.

Extremely well organised, as have all the games I've been to and son settled in with a fine pinot Noir to keep us company Very Happy And then it rained, got absolutely soaking wet, how very apt the PA was playing "it's raining men " !!

The game has been done elsewhere but from where we were the red card seemed excessive and game over, but still shouted my self hoarse roaring the Welsh on. Well played boys, you've a great team there.So disappointed by the lack of attacking from the French

Last night was the best rugby game I've ever been to. Missed Scotland's Grand Slams due to work , mad . It was the best ever atmosphere I've experienced at a NZ game, hope it's the same next week. lots of vocal support and plenty of Quade baiting and general Aussies bashing but at the end of the game was proud to be part of the standing ovation they received , they played bloody well but were just blown off the park by a very strong All Blacks who'll go on next week and finish it off Yahoo

Rangiora

Back to top Go down

Musings from Eden Park Empty Re: Musings from Eden Park

Post by aucklandlaurie Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:57 am

Rangiora
Its like dying and going to heaven,eh?
Next week will be my 7th test in 6 weeks.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by andy powells minder Mon 17 Oct 2011, 11:00 am

Jammy bar stewards the pair of you steam

andy powells minder

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 18 Oct 2011, 7:47 am

There's one good thing about the French being in the final. They are the only team that could beat you (yes, I include Wales in my considerations, and no I didn't say would or should, but could).
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down