The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bushnell Tour V2 with Pinseeker acquired

+12
Doc
McLaren
ScottieD18
Diggers
drive4show
turnip
George1507
JDandfries
super_realist
Baggiesfan_golfer
MustPuttBetter
Mercurio
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bushnell Tour V2 with Pinseeker acquired - Page 2 Empty Bushnell Tour V2 with Pinseeker acquired

Post by Mercurio Tue 18 Oct 2011, 10:07 am

First topic message reminder :

LJ will be delighted to know that I have purchased a laser range finder.

And I like it.

Very quick and easy to use.

Quite pricey but when you consider how much use it will be getting, ultimately, it will be a good value purchase.

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Bushnell Tour V2 with Pinseeker acquired - Page 2 Empty Re: Bushnell Tour V2 with Pinseeker acquired

Post by super_realist Tue 18 Oct 2011, 3:13 pm

JD, agreed, a 28 handicapper having a DMD is as pointless as them using a Pro V.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Bushnell Tour V2 with Pinseeker acquired - Page 2 Empty Re: Bushnell Tour V2 with Pinseeker acquired

Post by JDandfries Tue 18 Oct 2011, 3:15 pm

super_realist wrote:JD, agreed, a 28 handicapper having a DMD is as pointless as them using a Pro V.

Or a driver

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue 18 Oct 2011, 3:18 pm

Obviously an extreme example yes but you get my point.
And obviously SR you'd want to hit more than 10 balls....!

And yes no use to a 28 handicapper. Which is why I'm asking. I'm a 17 handicapper. Contrary to popular opinion I know how far my irons go and I hit them pretty consistently but I wouldn't say I could give you a yardage within 5 feet and be confident in that.
I can ascertain a yardage without a bushnell accurate to 5 - 10 feet so am interested to see if knowing it exactly will help Merc. Knowing the yardage doesn't stop you hitting a bad shot or indeed thinking you can hit it further than you can.
Not that I think Merc does either!
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 18 Oct 2011, 3:23 pm

MPB, what it does do though is enable you to trust the yardage that you have. You must have played a lot of shots where you look at the shot and your perspective of how far it is is affected by slope, backdrop, lighting, colours etc. Using a consistent measurement is a good way of fully commiting to your shot.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Tue 18 Oct 2011, 3:28 pm

MustPuttBetter wrote:Obviously an extreme example yes but you get my point.
And obviously SR you'd want to hit more than 10 balls....!

And yes no use to a 28 handicapper. Which is why I'm asking. I'm a 17 handicapper. Contrary to popular opinion I know how far my irons go and I hit them pretty consistently but I wouldn't say I could give you a yardage within 5 feet and be confident in that.
I can ascertain a yardage without a bushnell accurate to 5 - 10 feet so am interested to see if knowing it exactly will help Merc. Knowing the yardage doesn't stop you hitting a bad shot or indeed thinking you can hit it further than you can.
Not that I think Merc does either!

You are probably the exception (off your handicap) and by the looks of your user name, its your putting that is an issue given how consistant you are with your irons!!

In relation to whether or not you think a DMD is worthwhile, if you are as consistant as you say, I would say definately Yes! It is one less thing to owrry about and will enable you to pick a club out of your bag without the worry of wondering if you have teh yardage right - ie sometimes it looks further than it is etc!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue 18 Oct 2011, 3:29 pm

I do accept that benefit SR and can see how that would help. I also do see how it would be beneficial to know the depth of the green as you can't normally get that from anywhere
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Tue 18 Oct 2011, 3:33 pm

On 'foreign' courses, how far to fly a bunker, or stay short of one.

How far to get onto the top teir of a green etc.

if you are confident on your yardages, then they are a must I would say

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue 18 Oct 2011, 3:37 pm

JD, I am probably the worst putter you've ever seen!
My regular partner plays off 9 and is very solid. I drive it further than him and I hit 63% of fairways. It hit my irons further than him and am usually around pin high - not necessarily always on the green mind you - but not normally far off.
You wouldn't believe the number of holes I lose from 3 putts v 2 putts or an up and down.
If I miss the green I won't make par as I never one putt, and I chip and pitch ok!

If the was a 'puttfinder'..... Laugh
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 18 Oct 2011, 3:42 pm

I bet MPB from what you say that you stab the putter and quickly lift your head so see where the ball is going. Also believing you are a bad putter will compound it.

Try putting with a slow stroke and long follow through and not lifting your head to see where it goes.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 18 Oct 2011, 3:48 pm

A 28 handicapper should not be allowed to breed never mind having a rangefinder.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Tue 18 Oct 2011, 4:06 pm

McLaren wrote:A 28 handicapper should not be allowed to breed never mind having a rangefinder.

Macs quotes getting more lundicrous by the day! If a 28 handicapper should not be allowed this right then nor should DOAK loving, Wizard fettish harry potter wannabes

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue 18 Oct 2011, 4:07 pm

Super, I am a bit jabby.
I have the perfect putting storm in that I really struggle with the weight, leaving everything miles short or miles long.
If the line is simple I'm ok at hitting it but I can't read a slopey green for love nor money!
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Tue 18 Oct 2011, 4:11 pm

MustPuttBetter wrote:Super, I am a bit jabby.
I have the perfect putting storm in that I really struggle with the weight, leaving everything miles short or miles long.
If the line is simple I'm ok at hitting it but I can't read a slopey green for love nor money!

here is a tip for you then....

Play you next few rounds putting with the blade of you sandwedge, you will be more worried about the strike than the line or pace of the putt or the possible 3 putt, i reckon this will work for you, it did for a friend of mine, and the git wo the Club Championship the next week!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Tue 18 Oct 2011, 4:47 pm

MustPuttBetter wrote:And yes no use to a 28 handicapper. Which is why I'm asking. I'm a 17 handicapper. Contrary to popular opinion I know how far my irons go and I hit them pretty consistently

A 17 handicapper could probably shave 5 shots off their handicap with improvements just to the short game (chipping/putting) which would get you down to a 12 handicap so chances are, you hit the ball pretty well as you say.
Based on that, I would say a laser would be a good investment to get a few more shots off your handicap. A combination of short game practice and knowing your yardages could see you get down to single figures OK

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue 18 Oct 2011, 4:57 pm

Cheers JD I might give that a go, and D4S I'd best get saving for my new Bushnell!
I just bought some new irons. The Mrs is going to be so pleased thumbsup

MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Tue 18 Oct 2011, 5:02 pm

I would not dare, tell somebody what bit of gear will or will not improve their game, that would be stupid.

As golf is played more in the 6inches between the ears rather than anywhere else, so if you think some bit of kit will improve your game or add to the enjoyment to it, then dont listen to some of the crap on here and go for it.

oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 18 Oct 2011, 5:05 pm

With respect OP, I think MPB has actually been looking for reasons why a DMD would not necessarily improve his golf game, but the fact that almost everyone has endorsed and recommended them might go some way to persuading MPB of their worth.
It will be horses for courses in the end, but there are some compelling reasons in there, and a DMD is a lot different from the latest driver, whose benefits are purely subjective and dependent on the user.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Tue 18 Oct 2011, 5:08 pm

MPB - get me on at Bramley and you can borrow the Bushnell for the round.

Smile

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Tue 18 Oct 2011, 5:17 pm

Mercurio wrote:MPB - get me on at Bramley and you can borrow the Bushnell for the round.

Smile

Merc...such a golf whore..... Whistle

drumroll

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue 18 Oct 2011, 5:38 pm

Merc, a week Sunday, afternoon?
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Tue 18 Oct 2011, 5:51 pm

MustPuttBetter wrote:Merc, a week Sunday, afternoon?

Any other dates? I'm doing The Great South Run that day Sad

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue 18 Oct 2011, 5:56 pm

You just don't want me to get my hands on the bushnell!
The following Sunday?
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Baggiesfan_golfer Tue 18 Oct 2011, 5:56 pm

In what way is it 'against the spirit' of the game????

Didn't realise the skill of golf was blindlessly guessing distances

Baggiesfan_golfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 18 Oct 2011, 8:02 pm

I'd just like to applaud the use of the word "blindlessly" Wink

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 18 Oct 2011, 9:21 pm

I found that one of the best benefits of having a Bushnell is not the measuring before (although obviously that helps)...the best thing is...when you know exactly how far you have to go...you hit a sweet 7 or 8 iron or whatever, when you get to the ball, you KNOW exactly how far you're hitting the ball with that club THAT day in that day's specific conditions....that to me is the true value of having them...3-4 holes in you have a pretty accurate picture of what clubs are needed for what yardages that day (e.g. is the breeze 1-2 clubs or even more).

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 18 Oct 2011, 10:51 pm

Baggiesfan_golfer wrote:In what way is it 'against the spirit' of the game????

Didn't realise the skill of golf was blindlessly guessing distances

Check the spirit of the game thread for my thoughts and you will see it is the only logical view I can hold, and also notice I said that I regularly use a bushnell above on this thread.

As for the 28 handicapper comment I apologise if my humor has missed the mark again.

Last edited by McLaren on Tue 18 Oct 2011, 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I am an illiterate fool)
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Wed 19 Oct 2011, 9:43 am

MustPuttBetter wrote:You just don't want me to get my hands on the bushnell!
The following Sunday?

There's a club Stableford on the morning which wouldn't have been a problem if the clocks were not going back the week before.

The 13th November is free.

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2