The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would you Watch This?

+5
oldshanker
puligny
Doc
drive4show
McLaren
9 posters

Go down

Would you Watch This? Empty Would you Watch This?

Post by McLaren Thu 03 Mar 2011, 12:41 pm

The wife's and girlfriends of some PGA golfers are reportedly pushing TV execs for the chance to launch a reality TV show following their presumably terribly exciting and interesting lives. So would us golf fans be tempted to watch such a show?

In all honesty as terrible as it might be an as bad for society as these shows are I would probably watch it if I found it while flicking channels. For one lets just state the obvious they are not too bad on the eye. Secondly for the same reason I fellow players on twitter I am sadly interested in what the players do when not on the course. This would hopefully provide some snippets of the PGA tour behind the scenes. Though I fear most of it will focus on spa days and trips to Bloomingales. I bit of a patronising view I understand but that is my hunch.

Really though after five minutes this will become pretty much unwatchable wont it? They will have nothing to say worth listening to and probably be as far removed from reality as possible, ironically a feature of all reality TV. I do wonder what channel this will end up on, golf channel or MTV?

As interested as I am in golf it would be kidding myself to think this would be any more golf related than a show about any other celebrities. Should this ever be made, which I doubt, it will be nothing more than real life desperate housewives without the exciting lifestyle. So what exactly will it be?

Here is a link to an article about it.

http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,2056496,00.html
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Would you Watch This? Empty Re: Would you Watch This?

Post by drive4show Thu 03 Mar 2011, 12:49 pm

Mac

You never know, this could actually throw a new light on some of the players. They all come across as pretty robotic and in the whole (pun) they all seem boring. But having watched the youtube links posted on here about Ben Crane, he now comes across in a totally different light. I've seen a clip about Mickelson when he is at home, the guy is a sports nut! He has about 6 or 7 TV's in his living room, all tuned in to different sports at the same time.

Wonder how many 'Gentleman's channels' Woods has on the go at any one time in the evening Whistle

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu 03 Mar 2011, 1:12 pm

I read something about this last week, and a quote from Liz Estes stuck out for me. She said something about maybe 150 players and 150 wives in a hotel, plus their caddies made for some funny stuff, especially when there were also a good number of ladies who shouldn't be there were around. Mmm very interesting that it sounds like the tour has some camp followers, and thats why a lot of wives attend.

It may be worth a look, but I wonder if Fichem's somewhere in the background in this?

Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Thu 03 Mar 2011, 5:03 pm

No

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Thu 03 Mar 2011, 9:40 pm

Er......NO!

I would prefer to watch whales randy ing.

Actually, thinking about it, no I wouldn't. I would prefer to watch the inside of my eyelids.
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Thu 03 Mar 2011, 10:51 pm

NO! Can't think of anything worse to watch than a bunch of woman doing lunch!
It'd be like watching loose women sponsored by Rolex! Dull!

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 03 Mar 2011, 11:23 pm

In a word, no. I might like golf but that doesn't extend to watching and listening to the WAGs of golfers; a complete waste of air that others could make better use of.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Fri 04 Mar 2011, 12:15 pm

Will Rory's other half be involved? If so, i'm in!!
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri 04 Mar 2011, 12:18 pm

At least it would be one golf program that would be a Tiger-free zone Whistle

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down