The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Weekend

3 posters

Go down

International Weekend Empty International Weekend

Post by See the Bombers fly up Tue 18 Oct 2011, 6:08 pm

With the continual selection of non Australian born players representing State of Origin and Australia, the time has come to give these players meaningful opportunities for their country of birth. I am talking about the Pacific Islanders. While I understand a players desire to play at the top level, these smaller nations are not getting the suitable international opportunities needed to build the profile of the sport in their nations.

I am sure that if there was an international season over three or four weeks during the state of origin series, that these players would start to question the choice of playing for NSW or Queensland and perhaps take the opportunity to play for their nation of birth. This will make the international game much stronger and so much more competitive. The ARL are frightened of losing their power and dominance of the sport both on the pitch and off it. Short sighted NRL bosses can't see how this would become a massive boost to the NRL as well.

It is time for the RLIF to become a full time organisation which puts the game ahead of national and personal priorities.

See the Bombers fly up

Back to top Go down

International Weekend Empty Re: International Weekend

Post by aucklandlaurie Tue 18 Oct 2011, 9:53 pm

State of Origin is played on Wednesdays!

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed 19 Oct 2011, 3:02 am

In my opinion the RLIF is a waste of time. Its run by Australians for the benefit of Australians, and is not really interested in promoting international Rugby League. Its so stupid it can't see the benefits that a properly run international Rugby League programe would bring to Rugby League as a whole.
If it was serious about promting international Rugby League they should bring in a rule that says once you have represented a country at senior international level you can't switch countries. they should also bring in a rule that you can only play for a country if you were born in that country, or have a parent that was born in that country, or have lived in that country for at least 10 years.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down