The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V2 WCC Round 2 Group 1

+6
Celtic Warrior
Kay Fabe
Mr H
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
JoshSansom
MtotheC
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Please vote for the wrestler you rate the highest

V2 WCC Round 2 Group 1 Vote_lcap6%V2 WCC Round 2 Group 1 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 3 ]
V2 WCC Round 2 Group 1 Vote_lcap31%V2 WCC Round 2 Group 1 Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 16 ]
V2 WCC Round 2 Group 1 Vote_lcap54%V2 WCC Round 2 Group 1 Vote_rcap 54% 
[ 28 ]
V2 WCC Round 2 Group 1 Vote_lcap9%V2 WCC Round 2 Group 1 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 52

V2 WCC Round 2 Group 1 Empty V2 WCC Round 2 Group 1

Post by MtotheC Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:37 am

Finally buisness is about to pick up...round 2 start right here! 96 wrestlers entered the competition and after nearly three weeks and 16 groups 36 have made it through to round 2.

The rules for round 2 are exactly the same as before, please vote for the wrestler you rate the highest and the top two will progress to the knockout stages. In round 2 Winning the group will see you face a runner up from another group so votes are even more important than ever.

Please try to leave a comment why you voted

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

V2 WCC Round 2 Group 1 Empty Re: V2 WCC Round 2 Group 1

Post by JoshSansom Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:05 am

I went for AJ Styles here because I think that he is fantastic in the ring and the Undertaker has been more a reputation than a great in ring performer for some time now. It is probably going to be fairly clear who will go through but it will be interesting for the next round who tops the group...

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:20 am

Matt Morgan cleans up the debris for me.

In all seriousness, I think he's the best "big guy" across the two main feds, and is rather under-utilised. AJ Styles for me just doesn't have the whole package - he's "phenomenal" in the ring - no doubt, but I'm not so sure on his intimidating presence or his mic skills. The Undertaker can't be seriously considered if this a survey of the here and now. I don't know Davey Richards unfortunately.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:22 am

Went for Taker. Huge draw, compelling talker, great storyteller and extremely agile for a big man. Has kept his character relevant for 20yrs and is rightfully regarded as one of the greatest of all time.

AJ is a quality wrestler, no question, but for me its like comparing Leonardo Di Caprio to Anthony Hopkins, there's only one winner.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:25 am

Was Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, Ric Flair, Kurt Angle or Bret Hart intimidating or have an intimidating pressence though

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:27 am

I dont get what you mean gaff?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:29 am

I was replying to Demon who didn't think AJ was intimidating enough

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:31 am

the-gaffer wrote:Was Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, Ric Flair, Kurt Angle or Bret Hart intimidating or have an intimidating pressence though

Yes - because all 5 of those guys were technically astounding. That's where the fear comes from. I don't get that same level of fear conveyed in AJ's technical ability. It's more like a "OOOOH" "WOOOOOW". More like a firework display than a wrestler

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:51 am

AJ is 'technically astouding' and Bret Hart said he's better than he ever was, Hart was better than all of the rest as far as technical ability was concerned in my view

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:59 am

AJ is technically astounding in what he does. But it can never be put in the same category as Bret Hart, Ric Flair or Kurt Angle. I don't care what Bret says - he was probably just being humble for an interviewer. And he doesn't have it on the mic - it may be unfortunate in that he can't help his accent, but he just doesn't entertain me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:10 am

He sounds a million times better than Heath Slater, they're from the same neck of the woods and his voice doesn't seem to be an issue for you, Kurt Angle said AJ was one of the best talents he has ever faced and pushed for Styles to be properly built up so he could do the clean job for AJ and give him a World Title run, I've never thought Flair was 'technically astounding'

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:13 am

But Heath Slater has got a presence. It's all in the delivery. And also Kurt Angle's quote re-inforces my point - that AJ hasn't got a intimidating presence yet - Kurt will only job to him if he's given the chance to build one up. He won't job to him at this moment in time - because he doesn't have one.

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:17 am

Didn't angel put AJ over clean when AJ won his last world tittle?

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:18 am

AJ for me.

He is quite simply one of the best in ring performers around at the moment, if not the best.

Morgan was a close second for me. Extremely good for a Big Man, great as a heel, good on the mic.

Undertaker for me will walk this, but he would be my 3rd pick due to the fact his knees are made of cheese nowadays. Still a massive draw and capable of pulling off a great promo, but that's where it ends. His in ring ability has rapidly declined and the fact his body can only really take Mania matches now is a massive draw back.

Celtic Warrior

http://officerrahl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:19 am

Angel?? Maybe even angle!!!!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:21 am

Electric Demon wrote:But Heath Slater has got a presence. It's all in the delivery. And also Kurt Angle's quote re-inforces my point - that AJ hasn't got a intimidating presence yet - Kurt will only job to him if he's given the chance to build one up. He won't job to him at this moment in time - because he doesn't have one.

Sorry ED but Slater has no presence at all. You just have an affinity to him that blinds you.

The man is nothing.

Celtic Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:23 am

Erm... Kurt said that in 2008 when AJ was ready to break away from the Christian Co-alition, that's why they built him up and Angle did the job for AJ when he won the title.

Heath Slater's got pressence? The guy stinks the joint out, I wouldn't say he's got anything about him that's better than AJ, AJ blows him out the water with look, ability and sound

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:24 am

You're all such Slater-Haters.

I really don't get it.

Bit harsh to call him nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:25 am

MtotheC wrote:Didn't angel put AJ over clean when AJ won his last world tittle?
That was what I was referring to

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:26 am

Electric Demon wrote:You're all such Slater-Haters.

I really don't get it.

Bit harsh to call him nothing
I don't hate him, he creates no interest or emotion in me, I nothing him

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:29 am

You may think it's harsh, but he really is nothing.

Celtic Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:32 am

the-gaffer wrote:Erm... Kurt said that in 2008 when AJ was ready to break away from the Christian Co-alition, that's why they built him up and Angle did the job for AJ when he won the title.

You didn't time reference your quote. I don't know - I don't watch TNA. All I know is when I DO watch it, he doesn't entertain me as much as others on the card. He seems to be adrift - staying afloat comfortably.

You can't just dismiss Slater as a talent.

Besides - I'm not judging AJ against Slater. I'll vote for Slater in whatever round he is in. Which round is he in M to the C?

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:33 am

Obvoiusly taker is a true legend in the business in ever sense of the word, but I don't agree with bringing him back just for mania every year, if his body can't handle a full time or even part time schedule then IMO he should retire, mania should be the climax of the wrestling year, a showpiece, a culmination of the hotest feuds, not a shop window for a guy that can't go anymore (expect once a year) to carry on a streak that is already unparalleled in the industry. He/wwe should look retrospectively at what he has achieved and say there isn't anymore or anything else he can achieve and be damn well pleased. Let start building newer, younger stars at the biggest ppv and create the next taker!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:38 am

Electric Demon wrote:
the-gaffer wrote:Erm... Kurt said that in 2008 when AJ was ready to break away from the Christian Co-alition, that's why they built him up and Angle did the job for AJ when he won the title.

You didn't time reference your quote. I don't know - I don't watch TNA. All I know is when I DO watch it, he doesn't entertain me as much as others on the card. He seems to be adrift - staying afloat comfortably.

You can't just dismiss Slater as a talent.

Besides - I'm not judging AJ against Slater. I'll vote for Slater in whatever round he is in. Which round is he in M to the C?
I know I didn't time reference it, since you choose Matt Morgan and had such strong opinions on AJ Styles I just took it for granted you where more familiar with TNA, AJ is at a point now where he could at anytime be considered for the Main Event due to that said World Title run in 09/10 (the longest reign for the TNA belt)

Why can't people dismiss Slater?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:40 am

@ ED unfortunately Slater was eliminated in round 1, effectively making him V2 WCC debris!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:42 am

MtotheC wrote:@ ED unfortunately Slater was eliminated in round 1, effectively making him V2 WCC debris!

Laugh

Celtic Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:45 am

Why can't people dismiss Slater?

Because those people are so quick to talk about how WWE ruin CM Punk's momentum, when that very same man was shoehorned into Nexus, ruining THEIR momentum because he simply didn't fit, and stole their thunder.

Slater, Gabriel and Otunga were knocked back several steps while Punk got all the exposure. Only now has Otunga found a gimmick where he might recover something - but genuinely talented guys like Slater and Gabriel, who were once considered good enough to be tag team champions, are left in no man's land. When if they were allowed to just stick together, as Nexus, they'd be a hell of a lot bigger. And still be generating the WWE some tidy cash through t-shirt sales.

As it is - I haven't seen one Heath Slater t-shirt

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:47 am

MtotheC wrote:@ ED unfortunately Slater was eliminated in round 1, effectively making him V2 WCC debris!

What? He was winning when I voted for him.

Who did he go out to?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:57 am

Electric Demon wrote:Why can't people dismiss Slater?

Because those people are so quick to talk about how WWE ruin CM Punk's momentum, when that very same man was shoehorned into Nexus, ruining THEIR momentum because he simply didn't fit, and stole their thunder.

Slater, Gabriel and Otunga were knocked back several steps while Punk got all the exposure. Only now has Otunga found a gimmick where he might recover something - but genuinely talented guys like Slater and Gabriel, who were once considered good enough to be tag team champions, are left in no man's land. When if they were allowed to just stick together, as Nexus, they'd be a hell of a lot bigger. And still be generating the WWE some tidy cash through t-shirt sales.

As it is - I haven't seen one Heath Slater t-shirt
CM Punk didn't ruin Nexus I'm afraid, the WWE and John Cena ruined Nexus, it was so damaged beyond repair they had to move Barrett to SmackDown! and Slater and Gabriel actually got their biggest rub since SummerSlam when they choose to walk out on Punk and re-join Barrett, Otunga was never relevant but has at least now found a gimmick he's comfortable in although he shouldn't be wrestling, a nerdy lawyer is his best chance

Nexus where dead in the water by the time Punk took over, the fact he managed to make them semi important until WrestleMania is a feat all on it's own

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:01 am

It seems to me like you're giving Punk more credit for his role in Nexus than Slater for his - which is ludicrous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:12 am

All I'm doing is replying to what you said, you claimed Punk held Otunga, Slater and Gabriel back by becoming the leader of Nexus, I simply said Nexus was dead by that time and Slater and Gabriel moved to SD with Barrett almost immediately

All Punk did was somehow manage to drag the Nexus carcass to WrestleMania when it had been killed at TLC

Slater did nothing for that group anyway IMO

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:13 am

The final results for round 1 group 1 were:

1st Chris hero 15 votes
2nd Sting 13 votes
3rd Shelton 13 votes
4th Heath Slater 4 votes
5th John Morrison 3 votes
6th Max Buck 1 vote

As there was a tie for second place both guys will progress to the next round.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:18 am

the-gaffer wrote:All I'm doing is replying to what you said, you claimed Punk held Otunga, Slater and Gabriel back by becoming the leader of Nexus, I simply said Nexus was dead by that time and Slater and Gabriel moved to SD with Barrett almost immediately

All Punk did was somehow manage to drag the Nexus carcass to WrestleMania when it had been killed at TLC

That's your opinion. I think it's wrong.

Slater isn't even in this round anyway - he obviously does arouse some feelings in you all or you wouldn't feel compelled to discuss him.

Before Punk was leader, the Nexus was about the Nexus. Once he joined the Nexus was about Punk - which was wrong.

But I agree - TLC didn't help.

I think Slater will be Intercontinental Champion by the next Wrestlemania (not the one coming)

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:48 am

I would say that Slater has some potential as a lower card jobber / mid card heel. He is reasonable in the ring and OK on the mic. Not all talent can be a future World Champion and if you only fill the roster with those you feel have that potential then you will be left with a difficult situation of no-one for those guys to go over!

I think he has a future of some kind with the company though the question I would posit would be, if he turned up in TNA tomorrow, how far do you think he would go? TV title? TNA title?...

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:44 pm

Spot on Josh, Slater has potential to be a good worker, but I don't think he'll ever reach the top level. If he moved to tna I couldn't see him achieving a great deal more than what he has already done, IMO his limitation outweigh his in ring ability.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:46 pm

My guess would be that if he is liked backstage (I don't know this) and therefore survives the various culls that the WWE have that he could have a successful career in that lower card position. The odd tag team run or maybe a short US/IC run if it is part of an advancement storyline combined with annual PPV appearances at the Royal Rumble.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:23 pm

If Im going to vote for someone it has too be Davey Richard's, Im trying to vote based on what these guys have done recently and Richards is miles ahead for me. He's not the flashest on the mic but he's solid and that guy does have presance, his wrestling is also out of this world and his match with Edwards at 'Best in the World' would have been match of the year were it not for Cena/Punk at MITB, For me Richards is the man, not just in ROH but all the indies, and will certainally go down in the same vien as AJ, Joe, Danielson and McGuinness

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:16 pm

Electric Demon wrote:
the-gaffer wrote:All I'm doing is replying to what you said, you claimed Punk held Otunga, Slater and Gabriel back by becoming the leader of Nexus, I simply said Nexus was dead by that time and Slater and Gabriel moved to SD with Barrett almost immediately

That's your opinion. I think it's wrong.

Slater isn't even in this round anyway - he obviously does arouse some feelings in you all or you wouldn't feel compelled to discuss him.

Before Punk was leader, the Nexus was about the Nexus. Once he joined the Nexus was about Punk - which was wrong.

But I agree - TLC didn't help.

I think Slater will be Intercontinental Champion by the next Wrestlemania (not the one coming)
And that's your opinion which no surprise I think's wrong, Nexus was about Wade Barrett, up until SummerSlam they had potential, since then it was about getting Barrett over and even that was only done to give Cena a fresh feud, it was dead when Punk took it over, doubt anyone could argue with that, the only reason Slatet was mentioned was because you choose to use AJ's accent as a negative when it's nowhere near as strong as Slater's

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:18 pm

I didn't even bring up Slater. I voted for Matt Morgan.

You brought up Heath Slater

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:37 pm

I know I did, I said that man, I said the only reason he was brought up is because you used AJ's accent against him, which is why I informed you that Slater's is a helluva lot worse

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:39 pm

I said his whole delivery was poor - hampered by his accent which he can't help. (Or I meant to say that). But it's not the accent's fault - it's a contributory factor. Slater's delivery rises above his accent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:54 pm

Slater's delivery is awful, like the rest of his performance, in my opinion

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:56 pm

Just don't bring Slater up in tomorrow's group.

Given that Slater generates no feelings whatsoever - the thread on him is pretty active with opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:09 pm

I think there is always a big response when someone promotes 'out there' views and judging by the majority, rating Slater in Wrestling terms is as pretty out there as they come

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:24 pm

I have voted for The Undertaker. This is simply because I like him the best out of the options - easy choice.

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:24 pm

Can't you get an unhealthy obsession for Jon Moxley instead? I'd much prefer to wade through several pages of conversation about his potential!

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:25 pm

How is Undertaker winning this?

He hasn't wrestled in 7 months Erm

Davey all the way for me.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:28 pm

I think guys like Taker will constantly make it all the way until it's just one against one

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:19 pm

Hero wrote:Can't you get an unhealthy obsession for Jon Moxley instead? I'd much prefer to wade through several pages of conversation about his potential!
I'm up for that Smile

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:07 pm

I'm going to check this Jon Moxley out - and if he's not as good as Heath Slater, you'll be hearing about it Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next