The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

United or City ?

+17
Irish Curry
super_realist
AlexHuckerby
Atila
Riggs
ADMIN
talkingpoint
TopoftheChops
Crimey
The Special Juan
JDandfries
Bull
mystiroakey
jro786
marty2086
sodhat
Kenny
21 posters

Go down

United or City ? Empty United or City ?

Post by Kenny Thu 20 Oct 2011, 11:07 am

Who's going to win the Big Manchester derby this weekend and why ?

I think home advantage just gives United the edge so i'm going for a 2-1 win for United .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

United or City ? Empty Re: United or City ?

Post by sodhat Thu 20 Oct 2011, 11:09 am

It's got draw written all over it for me, 1-1 or 0-0.

I always look forward to these matches and when I sit and watch them am generally disappointed! Hopefully different this time, but I think City set up for a point and will likely get it.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 20 Oct 2011, 11:30 am

I think Utd have looked poor recently but just see them coming to life against City and getting the win

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Oct 2011, 11:43 am

I can see City packing the midfield and setting their stool out early for the draw as sodhat has said.

If Utd score first then I expect them to win.

Back to top Go down

Post by jro786 Thu 20 Oct 2011, 12:10 pm

1-2 city
jro786
jro786

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 20 Oct 2011, 2:12 pm

5-4 united

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 20 Oct 2011, 2:30 pm

United !!!!! 3-2

Come on United

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 20 Oct 2011, 3:00 pm

lol to noel - he doesnt want city to win- guys gone barmy lool

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Fri 21 Oct 2011, 8:59 am

What about the weekends big game OP, Liverpool v Norwich?

As for the Biggest game of the season, i think City will win 1-3

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:31 am

mystiroakey wrote:lol to noel - he doesnt want city to win- guys gone barmy lool

lol I saw him say that too. Maybe Liam will want City to win even more now, just to prove him wrong.

I'll say United will win 2-0. We played rubbish against Chelsea and beat them 3-1. Nani and Young will expose City's average fullbacks. I'd like to see this team:

De Gea
Rafael Vidic Ferdinand Evra
Nani Fletcher Giggs Young (with Park to come on after 65 mins to replace Giggs)
Rooney
Welbeck (or Hernandez but Welbeck has played so well recently it's worth giving him a shot)

And the City team:

Hart
Richards Kompany Lescott Kolarov/Clichy (Richards may not be fit)
Y. Toure De Jong
Nasri Silva Milner
Aguero

I think Mancini will go into "Typical Serie A Manager" mode and, instead of going for the win when United are vulnerable, will go for a draw.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 21 Oct 2011, 12:23 pm

City don't need the win to stay top, so I think they will play for a draw. I also think they'll get the draw, United have really stalled from their blistering start, their defence looks really shaky and I think if City pack the midfield United will struggle to find the space.

I also think Rooney's head isn't in the right place at the moment, hence why Fergie left him out of the Liverpool game, I wouldn't be surprised if he was left out again or if he got wound up and sent off.

I'm going to go for 0-0.

Also JD, do you have some kind of rule that nobody what you post you have to make a dig at Liverpool....it's getting pretty boring to be honest.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Oct 2011, 12:32 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:

Also JD, do you have some kind of rule that nobody what you post you have to make a dig at Liverpool....it's getting pretty boring to be honest.

He stated in another thread that he likes winding up Liverpool fans for some reason which is baffling bearing in mind he's a Boro supporter. But to be fair he's only 41 so he'll grow out of it I'm sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:54 am

I think it will be 6-1 city

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sun 23 Oct 2011, 11:09 am

this was such a satisfying result!

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sun 23 Oct 2011, 11:10 am

I didn't care too much for it myself Whistle

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Riggs Sun 23 Oct 2011, 11:21 am

6-1 says it all really.

City obviously wanted it more than utd, god knows why Wink

Fletchers goal was superb but overshadowed 99% of the time.

I do blame utd for not showing up and giving it their all, such things reveal that money talks = well this is the western world we live in Shocked

I bet younger utd fans would win soley because of their love for their team.

I could see city's hunger, their passion to win, their drive to beat utd, their determination to stay atop of utd in the league and utd showed, at the most, very very little of either.

However, one defeat is nothing so lets see how they learn from their mistakes (that's assuming they do actually learn!).

Riggs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Oct 2011, 11:23 am

Riggs, are you saying that westernisation is what caued Man Utd to lose today?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 23 Oct 2011, 11:32 am

Before any angry Utd fans show up and besmirch our good clubs name, I'm just going to be philosophical and congratulate City for being the better team on the day. They wanted it more and got the result they deserved.

I can't be angry at my team for getting destroyed today; there's always one freak result a season. I just hope they learn from it, move on and give the next team we face a proper bashing. The one thing that has been learned already is that Jonny Evans is hopeless.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Sun 23 Oct 2011, 11:54 am

I'm a United fan but congratulations to City.

The size of the defeat is the only surprise as United haven't played that great recently.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 23 Oct 2011, 11:57 am

Um... I guess 6-1 City....
WOW I'm a genius!!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 23 Oct 2011, 11:58 am

TSC wrote:Before any angry Utd fans show up and besmirch our good clubs name, I'm just going to be philosophical and congratulate City for being the better team on the day. They wanted it more and got the result they deserved.

I can't be angry at my team for getting destroyed today; there's always one freak result a season. I just hope they learn from it, move on and give the next team we face a proper bashing. The one thing that has been learned already is that Jonny Evans is hopeless.

Took you a while to cotton on.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 23 Oct 2011, 12:04 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
TSC wrote:Before any angry Utd fans show up and besmirch our good clubs name, I'm just going to be philosophical and congratulate City for being the better team on the day. They wanted it more and got the result they deserved.

He had a decent debut season. I thought he was going through a rocky patch but it turns out he really is useless. I hope Fergie sacrifices him. Why oh why did we sell John O'Shea?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 23 Oct 2011, 12:13 pm

TSC wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:

He had a decent debut season. I thought he was going through a rocky patch but it turns out he really is useless. I hope Fergie sacrifices him. Why oh why did we sell John O'Shea?

I realised he was useless last season to be honest. He just isn't united calibur sorry to say, would do ok at a lesser team I reckon but he just doesn't have that quality, he has potential to be fair though and the fact he is still so young he may still improve, I don't like writing players off, but I don't think he will be all together too much better.

Think Fergie felt he had gotten the best out of O'Shea and felt the injuries were going to keep on coming, think he got that wrong to be honest. Think O'Shea is a very solid player, and could have done a couple more years at United whilst Jones came through.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 23 Oct 2011, 12:34 pm

Yeah I agree with that. He might come good again but I really doubt it. I'd rather he went to Sunderland than John O'Shea, who's solid if unspectacular. Smalling isn't a right-back and that's where O'Shea impressed me most.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 23 Oct 2011, 12:40 pm

TSC wrote:Yeah I agree with that. He might come good again but I really doubt it. I'd rather he went to Sunderland than John O'Shea, who's solid if unspectacular. Smalling isn't a right-back and that's where O'Shea impressed me most.
Haha, would have to agree with that, he was, although very odd, extremely good for United at Right Back a couple of seasons ago.
Smalling has played most of his youth career at Centre Back so changing him into a Right Back now might be a little too much for him to do at a consistent level for a team like United. Though to be fair I think he's done very well so far, he just seems so big for a guy that needs to be bombing up and down the wing like United like to have there full backs doing. But it gives him playing time and experience and I imagine he will be filling in at Centre Back when he needs to. Wonder what Fabio and Rafael are making of him starting at right back?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 23 Oct 2011, 2:22 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
TSC wrote:Yeah I agree with that. He might come good again but I really doubt it. I'd rather he went to Sunderland than John O'Shea, who's solid if unspectacular. Smalling isn't a right-back and that's where O'Shea impressed me most.
Haha, would have to agree with that, he was, although very odd, extremely good for United at Right Back a couple of seasons ago.
Smalling has played most of his youth career at Centre Back so changing him into a Right Back now might be a little too much for him to do at a consistent level for a team like United. Though to be fair I think he's done very well so far, he just seems so big for a guy that needs to be bombing up and down the wing like United like to have there full backs doing. But it gives him playing time and experience and I imagine he will be filling in at Centre Back when he needs to. Wonder what Fabio and Rafael are making of him starting at right back?

I know. Rafael's a bit of a liability but he's rapid and has an excuse for charging down the wing. As you rightly pointed out Smalling's a big guy and isn't that pacey. I'd start with Fabio over both of them today with Rafael on the bench, Smalling in CD instead of Evans and Evans left in Ireland.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun 23 Oct 2011, 2:30 pm

FreekShow wrote:I can see City packing the midfield and setting their stoolout early for the draw as sodhat has said.

Setting their stool out? How disgusting.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Sun 23 Oct 2011, 2:39 pm

I'm fairly down beat after that result, Utd were just not up for the game and City were. At least this isn't old 606 and there won't be any wums saying Fergie out and things like that. I will say though that Jonny Evans has once again showed he cant be relied upon, Even NI are too good for him laughing Whistle
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Oct 2011, 3:03 pm

super_realist wrote:
FreekShow wrote:I can see City packing the midfield and setting their stoolout early for the draw as sodhat has said.

Setting their stool out? How disgusting.

You didn't like that mataphor realist?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Oct 2011, 3:23 pm

Think he's making the point that most teams set their stall out

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Oct 2011, 3:32 pm

Churchill wrote:Think he's making the point that most teams set their stall out

I spelt it purposely like that Churchy. I read an article in a gambling magazine a few years ago on Italian football and match fixing which was titled expect Sampdoria to set their stool out this Sunday!. Good read.

Either way I couldn't have been more wrong in my prediction!

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 23 Oct 2011, 4:41 pm

Irish Curry wrote:I'm fairly down beat after that result, Utd were just not up for the game and City were. At least this isn't old 606 and there won't be any wums saying Fergie out and things like that. I will say though that Jonny Evans has once again showed he cant be relied upon, Even NI are too good for him laughing Whistle

FERGIE OUT.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 23 Oct 2011, 4:55 pm

Funny thing is, Man U will still win the title. If City won 1-2 or 1-3 there would have been no response by United. 6-1 and there is. United still the Champions of England.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 23 Oct 2011, 5:04 pm

Duty281 wrote:Funny thing is, Man U will still win the title. If City won 1-2 or 1-3 there would have been no response by United. 6-1 and there is. United still the Champions of England.

Not too sure of that to be honest with you, City have a much stronger team in strength and depth and outplayed United even when they had 11 men. United had a decent start but feel that was part of City's tactics to just keep it nice and tight in the beggining.
The only thing I can put in Uniteds favour is that they have been there done that a million times over and are the best team at being resilient until the very end. I feel it may take United a couple of seasons to actually get City's number and drop them back a peg or two in a similar way they did with Chelsea. Think it's interesting because Chelsea will still be in there with an outside chance. Would love to see Chelsea play City now. It's strange I think they're similarish type of teams but City seem to do everything that tiny bit better so far.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by dondelero Mon 24 Oct 2011, 3:57 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Funny thing is, Man U will still win the title. If City won 1-2 or 1-3 there would have been no response by United. 6-1 and there is. United still the Champions of England.

Not too sure of that to be honest with you, City have a much stronger team in strength and depth and outplayed United even when they had 11 men. United had a decent start but feel that was part of City's tactics to just keep it nice and tight in the beggining.
The only thing I can put in Uniteds favour is that they have been there done that a million times over and are the best team at being resilient until the very end. I feel it may take United a couple of seasons to actually get City's number and drop them back a peg or two in a similar way they did with Chelsea. Think it's interesting because Chelsea will still be in there with an outside chance. Would love to see Chelsea play City now. It's strange I think they're similarish type of teams but City seem to do everything that tiny bit better so far.

Well City's first goal came against the run of play so it's unlikely the City "outplayed" Utd with 11 men and even when Utd went down to 10 they still had a good spell before City's second. It went wrong after that, Utd went gun ho chasing the result especially after the got one back and City picked them off which is why 3 of their goals were scored in injury time. So Utd will just have to deal with this CRISIS of 1 defeat in 39 home games. How will they cope? As usual by winning the title.

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Mon 24 Oct 2011, 7:45 am

TSC wrote: The one thing that has been learned already is that Jonny Evans is hopeless.

Yeah, he was nowhere to be seen in the 2nd half Whistle

Seriously though, City just looked to be more up for it. Utd don't like it when teams try to outplay them, City did all the basics better.

Good result for the Premier league as a whole but as someone said, still very early days in the season. Will be interesting to see how City's superstars cope with the horrible cold, wet weather in Jan/Feb.

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 24 Oct 2011, 8:46 am

The most surprising thing for me was that Rooney didn't get sent off for having a go at someone. Whistle

On a serious note, it was an imperious display from City - I was amazed at the way they dominated United for most of the game. I'm used to seeing Man U fight back in most situations. They threatened to very briefly when Fletcher scored, but then City just rubbed salt into their wounds.

Still, as others have said, its still early in the season and I'll be watching with interest to see if City can maintain their momentum, or whether they'll do a Newcastle and implode in the final weeks...
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 24 Oct 2011, 10:23 am

Anderson is looking lost without Cleverly and seems to have gotten slower since the start of the season but for meplaying Welback was wrong choice think everyone else thought it too Hernandezs movement would hav caused more problems but the thing that changed the game was Evans giving the ball away n the midfield.

Balotelli was quiet and frustrated then City get the ball and it leads to his goal and Utd couldnt get going again

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 24 Oct 2011, 10:35 am

drive4show wrote:
TSC wrote: The one thing that has been learned already is that Jonny Evans is hopeless.
Yeah, he was nowhere to be seen in the 2nd half Whistle

xD That's made my day now.

I agree with whoever said it'll take Utd a few years to work City out. Fergie will see this as another thing to complete on his "To Do" list.

Fergie's To Do List:

1) Beat Man City to several trophies
2) Beat Barcelona in a Champions League final.

I can't believe how much we've missed Clerverly. It's true that you don't know what you have until it's gone.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 24 Oct 2011, 10:46 am

TSC wrote:I can't believe how much we've missed Clerverly. It's true that you don't know what you have until it's gone.

Hes definately been missed need some muscle in midfield now someone with good passing skills bit of pace and enery and can get stuck in because theyre being bossed too easily and Fletcher doesnt have the same authority he once did

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 24 Oct 2011, 11:07 am

I can imagine it being a bit like the Gareth Barry thing at the beginning of the World Cup, where because one player is missing the media and fans think that once that player returns the team will get better. I'm not sure Cleverly is the missing link you're looking for.

I think Ferdinand was caught out of position too much, and definitely think he should be phased out, I also think Vidic is getting increasingly injury prone and Fergie should start preparing for life without him which would presumably mean building the centre back partnership of Jones and Smalling sooner rather than later.

It's looking increasingly like SAF should have bought a big name CM in the summer though.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 24 Oct 2011, 11:51 am

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:I can imagine it being a bit like the Gareth Barry thing at the beginning of the World Cup, where because one player is missing the media and fans think that once that player returns the team will get better. I'm not sure Cleverly is the missing link you're looking for.

I think Ferdinand was caught out of position too much, and definitely think he should be phased out, I also think Vidic is getting increasingly injury prone and Fergie should start preparing for life without him which would presumably mean building the centre back partnership of Jones and Smalling sooner rather than later.

It's looking increasingly like SAF should have bought a big name CM in the summer though.

To be fair, I think Cleverly is a bit more attack-minded than Gareth Barry, who likes to sit just in front of mid-fielders but I get what you're saying. It'll take more than 1 player to turn this team around (CM speaking).

Ferdinand and Vidic might have, at the most, 2 years before either 1 or both break down. You know my feelings on Jonny Evans so we may well be down 3 defenders sooner than later. Smalling and Jones are looking solid for the future but I have a horrible feeling Smalling will be relegated to RB instead of one of the Rafael twins. I'd like to see Gary Cahill at the back alongside Phil Jones.

Yeah but the question is "Who?" I hope he'll spend huge on Gotze, who's looking to be a fine player. Ozil would have been a good buy too. And, of course, Gareth Bale to replace Giggs.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 25 Oct 2011, 8:36 pm

dondelero wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:

Well City's first goal came against the run of play so it's unlikely the City "outplayed" Utd with 11 men and even when Utd went down to 10 they still had a good spell before City's second. It went wrong after that, Utd went gun ho chasing the result especially after the got one back and City picked them off which is why 3 of their goals were scored in injury time. So Utd will just have to deal with this CRISIS of 1 defeat in 39 home games. How will they cope? As usual by winning the title.

Think it was just part of City's tactics. Think they wanted a solid 20 minutes to start off with, let United have the ball and dictate pace, just most importantly keep it tight, which is essential going to Old Trafford.

After that City were going to try and be a little more adventurous scored, and well you know what happened then, scored and kept on scoring, Evans being sent off didn't help though. Think City came with the perfect game plan and rarely conceded chances, got to say the future looks bright, the future looks Sky Blue. (Ok that was cheesy)

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 26 Oct 2011, 1:13 pm

lol That only works if you're a Blackpool or Dundee United fan.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down