The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luther Vandross Cup Wasps vs. Newport Gwent Dragons

+3
Geordie
RuckingFlanker86
Cumbrian
7 posters

Go down

Luther Vandross Cup  Wasps vs. Newport Gwent Dragons Empty Luther Vandross Cup Wasps vs. Newport Gwent Dragons

Post by Cumbrian Thu 20 Oct 2011, 6:52 pm

London Wasps vs. Newport Gwent Dragons

London Wasps:

15 Hugo Southwell, 14 Tom Varndell, 13 Elliot Daly, 12 Chris Bell, 11 Chris Mayor, 10 Ryan Davis, 9 Nic Berry, 1 Jeremy Castex, 2 Tom Lindsay, 3 Simon McIntyre, 4 Ross Filipo, 5 Marco Wentzel, 6 James Harris, 7 Matt Everard, 8 John Hart (c)

Replacements
16 Rob Webber, 17 Zac Taulafo, 18 Ben Broster, 19 Mike Powell, 20 Joe Burton
21 Joe Simpson, 22 Nick Robinson, 23 Dom Waldouck

Dragons Squad

Backs
Wayne Evans, Joe Bedford, Matthew Jones, Steffan Jones (Dragons Development, Cross Keys) Mike Poole, Ifan Evans (Newport RFC), Adam Hughes, Lewis Robling, Jack Dixon (Dragons Academy), Hallam Amos (Dragons Academy)

Forwards
Phil Price, Hugh Gustafson, Nathan Buck, Keiron Jenkins (Bedwas), Sam Parry(Dragons Academy, Newport), Rhys Buckley, Ieuan Jones (Dragons Academy, Pontypool), Adam Jones, Scott Morgan, Jevon Groves(Dragons Development, Cross Keys), Hugo Ellis, Tom Brown, Darren Waters

Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Luther Vandross Cup  Wasps vs. Newport Gwent Dragons Empty Re: Luther Vandross Cup Wasps vs. Newport Gwent Dragons

Post by Cumbrian Thu 20 Oct 2011, 6:56 pm

Great to see Waldouck on the comeback trail, England could really do with players like him fit and healthy.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Luther Vandross Cup  Wasps vs. Newport Gwent Dragons Empty Re: Luther Vandross Cup Wasps vs. Newport Gwent Dragons

Post by RuckingFlanker86 Thu 20 Oct 2011, 7:49 pm

Not expecting much from this, just hoping for some good exposure for our youngsters and no more injuries! Amos and Dixon in the backs are 17 and 16 respectively, hope they show up well. I've never seen Dixon but Amos looks no older than 12!

RuckingFlanker86

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 20 Oct 2011, 10:28 pm

Yeah be good to see Waldouck back....and also see how Tom Lindsay goes at 2.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Fri 21 Oct 2011, 7:15 am

Aye, the lad is an machine in the loose, really looks like he can break tackles and make ground. If he could just improve his set piece I would have him in the England set up in a straight away.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 21 Oct 2011, 11:21 am

The thing is marra thats the key roles of a hooker - Lineout, Scrummaging etc...so he needs to nail that down before he can be considered.

But i agree IF he can get that sorted...he could be quite a player. And Hooker is one of those areas that England has a qustion mark over. Thompson is a beast but aging (would keep him in this season still if he's fit) and Hartley hasnt convinced me totally as of yet...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 21 Oct 2011, 12:09 pm

It's not that bad Geordie we do have some serious talent on the cusp of selection in Webber and Grey. I think Grey in particular could make the bench by the 6N. There's Jamie George and Tom Youngs progressing well in the AP this season and then Paice is still kicking about.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 21 Oct 2011, 12:16 pm

I hope so Sam...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 21 Oct 2011, 12:41 pm

Tom Youngs looked like a beast when he came on against Scarlets. Will he be getting a lot more game time for Leicester?

Gray of Quins has been going about his work nicely for the club, properly never heard of before last seasons Saxons call up. He seems to cover all the requirements of the modern hooker without being a standout at anyone thing, he is though very reliable and a lot more skilled technically then most for his age, doesn't throw wonky which is very good.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by youngguns6 Fri 21 Oct 2011, 5:48 pm

Oh jebus! This is a very young inexperienced side. Steffan jones (very talented) makes his first start at 10, a 17 year old at 15 n like tucking said a 16 year old on the bench!

Could be a big score but I hope we can put a few good phases together n score some tries. Really excited about jones but it's s big aak without the experince aroundhim to control this one.

Good luck to both teams n hopefully no injurys.

youngguns6

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Fri 21 Oct 2011, 6:05 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:The thing is marra thats the key roles of a hooker - Lineout, Scrummaging etc...so he needs to nail that down before he can be considered.

But i agree IF he can get that sorted...he could be quite a player. And Hooker is one of those areas that England has a qustion mark over. Thompson is a beast but aging (would keep him in this season still if he's fit) and Hartley hasnt convinced me totally as of yet...

True, true. Hopefully working with Steve Thompson will help him along.

On another note, I just noticed that Matt Everard is starting for Wasps, another genuine openside.

Edit: Regarding the hooker situation, I noticed that Saracens have named Jamie George has been made captain for the match against Exeter.

Last edited by Cumbrian on Fri 21 Oct 2011, 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 21 Oct 2011, 6:12 pm

youngguns6 wrote:Oh jebus! This is a very young inexperienced side. Steffan jones (very talented) makes his first start at 10, a 17 year old at 15 n like tucking said a 16 year old on the bench!

Could be a big score but I hope we can put a few good phases together n score some tries. Really excited about jones but it's s big aak without the experince aroundhim to control this one.

Good luck to both teams n hopefully no injurys.

Since the top International players are still away I guess that the regions have had little option but to rest their top players and give the kids a run...

I don't see any amazing results coming but I am always very happy to see a youngster gain valuable experience for the future

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 21 Oct 2011, 6:13 pm

NG DRAGONS

15 Hallam Amos

14 Ifan Evans

13 Adam Hughes

12 Lewis Robling

11 Mike Poole

10 Steffan Jones

9 Wayne Evans

1 Phil Price

2 Rhys Buckley

3 Nathan Buck

4 Adam Jones

5 Scott Morgan

6 Jevon Groves

7 Darren Waterss

8 Tom Brown

Replacements: Sam Parry, Hugh Gustafson, Nathan Williams, Ieuan Jones, Hugo Ellis, Joe Bedford, Jack Dixon, Matthew Jones.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down