The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who are the finds and who are the flops of the RWC?

+12
Taylorman
tazfalklands
Gatts
Knowsit17
maestegmafia
bedfordwelsh
asoreleftshoulder
disneychilly
doctor_grey
EnglishReign
Biltong
Huwball
16 posters

Go down

Who are the finds and who are the flops of the RWC? Empty Who are the finds and who are the flops of the RWC?

Post by Huwball Fri 21 Oct 2011, 6:30 pm

As a Welshman, I am obviously gutted (if not unsurprised Sad ) but who do you guys think were the finds and flops of your team?

For me: -
Finds
Priestland and Faletau

Flops
Hook

The reason I have gone for these to me appears clear - Priestland (and this hurts as he is a Turk Shocked ) has been a revelation, both with ball in hand and also his kicking has been superb. Faletau has been imense in around the breakdowns - I bet Tonga are gutted his dad moved here.

Hooky has been unfortunately the worst player in the squad - I'd be surprised if he could make the squad for the 6N based on his current form. The Ospreys knew he wasn't a 10 or a kicker, yet so many people moaned that he was the "real deal" - who's got egg on their face now Doh I bet Perpignan are filling their pants they signed him laughing

Again, this isn't for cross country banter or abuse, it's meant to be an honest appraisal of the teams Hug

Huwball

Back to top Go down

Who are the finds and who are the flops of the RWC? Empty Re: Who are the finds and who are the flops of the RWC?

Post by Biltong Fri 21 Oct 2011, 6:34 pm

Flop - Bryce. thumbsup
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Who are the finds and who are the flops of the RWC? Empty Re: Who are the finds and who are the flops of the RWC?

Post by EnglishReign Fri 21 Oct 2011, 6:42 pm

Tuilagi is England's only find. Dunno where to start with the flops.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 21 Oct 2011, 6:43 pm

EnglishReign wrote:Tuilagi is England's only find. Dunno where to start with the flops.
Well, there is a lot to choose from.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Fri 21 Oct 2011, 8:00 pm

EnglishReign wrote:Tuilagi is England's only find. Dunno where to start with the flops.

Maybe it was referring to the bellyflop he used when hitting the water after jumping off that ferry.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Fri 21 Oct 2011, 8:16 pm

Conor Murray is the major find for Ireland although Ferris feels like a find as we were so worried he wouldn't come back from the crocked knee.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 21 Oct 2011, 8:16 pm

FINDS:

Priestland
Faletau, Lydiate,Charteris (thouhg us Dragons knew how good they were)
North
JD2 (really stood up)

FLOPS

Hook (biggest of them all)

England:

Tuilagi - This guy is class

Scotland

Ansbro impressed me

Ireland

Still think Sexton is the way ahead
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 21 Oct 2011, 8:17 pm

Faletau 86 Tackles NONE Missed

That is an awesome record

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Fri 21 Oct 2011, 8:24 pm

Faletau, Priestland and Scott Williams for me. Bennett you could say is a re-find and Halfpenny is a find in a new position.

The flops- Hook leads the charge. In fact I think he might be the only man of the squad not to have offered anything whatsoever. Unless you count the points he kicked against SA and Samoa early doors and it's debatable whether Priestland couldn't have nailed those.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 21 Oct 2011, 8:37 pm

Add Phillips, Roberts, Jenkins and Bennet to any Finds list, all hit form at the right time this RWC...!

None were guaranteed their place pre tournament

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 21 Oct 2011, 8:39 pm

mm,

Bennetts' never had ANY for BUT he was a major factor in thsi WC, and I have slated any chnace I got previously.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Fri 21 Oct 2011, 10:20 pm

One thing that characterised Wales for me was Andy powell. In the clown camp he and Philipps were almost justified a place in the England squad and whilst Philipps showed his true world class, powell, who strikes me as a boy in an oversized man's body, consistently delivered workmanlike perfs off the bench. He didn't spill at every breakdown, made his tackles and carried or made himself available to do so often. ANd i remember seeing the cam pan to the bench when Wales were beating ireland i think and seeing him leap off the bench like a true fan.

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by tazfalklands Fri 21 Oct 2011, 10:26 pm

Marc Lievremont for biggest flop?

tazfalklands

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 22 Oct 2011, 12:13 am

tazfalklands wrote:Marc Lievremont for biggest flop?

geez. What does that say for the rest?

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sat 22 Oct 2011, 12:37 am

for England

finds: Tuilagi

not so much finds, but Corbs did very well again, confirming his promise, while Haskell seemed much better than he has been for a while.

Flops: where to start? Youngs (though rumour he wasn't fully fit?), Tindall, Moody, STEVENS, Lawes, Hartley all under-performed.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Sat 22 Oct 2011, 1:04 am

Flops by his standards Wilkinson,Tindall,Stevens,Moody was he fit,finds Tuilagi for England.
Wales finds,Faletau,Priestland,North.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by gavstar Sat 22 Oct 2011, 2:33 am

finds -faletau,priestland, jd2,charteris,sam, 1/2 p at fb nailed on!

flops- worst in the team by a country mile. you know who, ***shine like a star**** MR the one and only Hook.

I was black balled by some for saying he was our worst player against the french, any offers out there who was worse, no , no-one has named anyone worse to date.

Same again for this game, any offers on the worst performer in this game?
we're talking here what is expected from you to do the job your shirt number requires.

when will the ''people'' realise that the ''peoples choice,'' huh!, is the emperor without clothes. it has now been proven. end of story. whichever way you put it, hookies you've been duped, big time.

gavstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat 22 Oct 2011, 2:35 am

gavstar wrote:finds -faletau,priestland, jd2,charteris,sam, 1/2 p at fb nailed on!

flops- worst in the team by a country mile. you know who, ***shine like a star**** MR the one and only Hook.

I was black balled by some for saying he was our worst player against the french, any offers out there who was worse, no , no-one has named anyone worse to date.

Same again for this game, any offers on the worst performer in this game?
we're talking here what is expected from you to do the job your shirt number requires.

when will the ''people'' realise that the ''peoples choice,'' huh!, is the emperor without clothes. it has now been proven. end of story. whichever way you put it, hookies you've been duped, big time.

+1 but the way to redemtpion lies in France where i hope he will get back to basics and sort out where he belongs. I blame him and Gataland though who has encouraged his utility status

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 22 Oct 2011, 1:30 pm

England:

Find:
Tuilagi
Haskell (fulfilled his promise)

Flops that we kind of expected:
Moody
Wilko
Tindall

Flops that we expected to be finds:
Lawes
Youngs
Hartley

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down