The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REFEREE'S======TMO'S.

3 posters

Go down

REFEREE'S======TMO'S. Empty REFEREE'S======TMO'S.

Post by majesticimperialman Sun Oct 23 2011, 21:46

After todays game New Zeland v France isnt time that Referee's was able to be informed by the tmo regards to( high tackes, forward passes)
etc etc, I seem to believe that the ref today missed alot of High tackles/forward passes.
I know the ref is only human and cannot be every where at once.

But with all the high tec equipment that is avalible these days, why is it not put to use more often.

Do you think that the IRB will be looking at this or something like this as we go towards 2015 RWC and beyond?

And i would also like to know about what the Ref, can call on the TMO for, is it just for settleing the argument that a try as been scored or not. Or can the ref call the TMO for other decisions?

If the ref cannot use the TMO for any other decision than that of try or no try. Why not.

The point of this post is, should the TMO be more involved in the game. Yes or No.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

REFEREE'S======TMO'S. Empty Re: REFEREE'S======TMO'S.

Post by Irish Curry Sun Oct 23 2011, 21:55

Yes 100% diffenitly but not to the extent that the game is slowed down alot. A marginal forward pass on the half way when your not going anywhere should not be called unless the ref sees it as these things normally balenced out over a game. They need to be involved more but not excessively.
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Sun Oct 23 2011, 22:00

The thing that this RWC has proved the most is that the breakdown especially has become impossible to govern.

The IRB built a beast which they cannot control and now the names of Rolland, Laurance, Joubert & Owens have rightly been criticised for having very very poor matches... and at the highest level.

Strangely enough... I thought the only ref to come away with a good reputation was Wayne Barnes!

Pre ELVs we perhaps had one poor show a tournament by a ref.... these days its almost every game... its ruining our sport.

For the ELV fans out there... in theory they're great sure.. but if you can't govern them then we shouldn' have implemented them in the first place and given this world cup has had fewer tries both in pools & KO stages then the last 2 RWCs I'd suggest their objectives have failed.

If the TMO could help then I'd use it more and more.... it can't be every decision but perhaps if the TMO gets the same powers as assistant referees then it may just help without disrupting the flow of the game and increase delays.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down