The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edinburgh v Leinster

+15
valjester
Rava
Ozzy3213
nickj
thebandwagonsociety
Imperialbigdave
Feckless Rogue
Mickado
funnyExiledScot
pete (buachaill on eirne)
RuggerRadge2611
Dorothy_Mantooth
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
RDW
greybeard
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Edinburgh v Leinster - Page 3 Empty Edinburgh v Leinster

Post by greybeard Wed 26 Oct 2011, 12:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

Big yawn, bit of a stretch, vigorously shake yourself like a dog getting out of a lake and brace yourself, we're back on track. RWC all done and dusted for another 4 years, lets get league-y.

Edinburgh, ah, what can we say about you? Some good results so far, some... not so good. A very good LBP in Ospreylia, a loss in Aironi and then a very comfortable win over Munster. It's all very negative. And by that I mean it's like a negative of a photo, everything's inverted and the wrong way 'round. Michael Bradley is like a knight in the life of Brian with no arms and a smile that said "tis but a scratch", all very head scratch-y.

Speaking of which, Leinster! A real Jekyll and Hyde season if ever there was one. The last two games have featured awful first half results and then a comfortable win. Not good enough. The young 'uns that have seen us this far will still be much needed for the rest of the league season as the internationals are slowly drip fed in their cryonic chambers that will only be opened during HEC weekends and Munster matches.

Form would suggest a home win, but form would also suggest neither have form.

As always, I'll update as teams are announced.

The beard stroking verdict: I dunno.

Referee: Leighton Hodges (WRU, 9th competition game)
Assistant Referees: David Changleng, Archie McInally (both SRU)
Citing Commissioner : John Kirk (SRU)
TMO: Iain Heard (SRU)

Live on BBC Alba

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Edinburgh v Leinster - Page 3 Empty Re: Edinburgh v Leinster

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 31 Oct 2011, 9:16 am

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:Meadow Bank : Acceptable in the 80s, A bit like Calvin Harris.
Classic, Radge Laugh

I think I might try to watch the game again tonite on iPlayer if I can find it. At the time, was too busy switching between the Glasgow one and this one to get into the detail.

I know that there is no money to redevelop Meadowbank, but it has to be the long term solution. Public funds in a joint project must be sought. Just for a laugh and slightly depressing moment, I thought I'd check on the latest with the tram fiasco: "440m (80 per cent of the original budget) has been spent, but only 28 per cent of the infrastructure completed" as of mid July this year. FFS furious steam mad

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 31 Oct 2011, 11:07 am

It's even worse than that though. Of the 28 per cent of the infrastructure that has been completed, part of it is starting to rust already and need maintenance. Apparently tram lines need to be used to be kept in good condition. The reckon a harsh winter will probably mean that the stuff they've complete will need to be re-done.

I've seen it first hand. The stuff on Princes Street already looks ropey.

Disaster!

Anyway, back to rugby. Am having serious doubts about Bradley. Edinburgh should be doing far better than they currently are. His selections don't bother me, but something isn't being done on the training field. The team just isn't matching the sum of its parts.

Sounds like Leonard and Scott did ok though, let's hope they get a chance to gel together.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 31 Oct 2011, 11:13 am

Even worse than that - my dad works for large electricity supplier and says that the council planners did not take into account the foundations needed for the electricity pylons when they spent all those months moving the services.

There will be 700 clashes on Princes Street alone when they start laying the founds, meaning the services will have to be moved again. mad Doh thumbsdown

I like the look of Matt Scott - I hope he gets lots of game time at 12, will be interesting to see how he develops. Big strong lad with decent skills.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 31 Oct 2011, 11:15 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:I like the look of Matt Scott - I hope he gets lots of game time at 12, will be interesting to see how he develops. Big strong lad with decent skills.
+1

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 31 Oct 2011, 11:29 am

I think the key for Edinburgh will now be consistency, letting the team settle and get to know eachother. I hope there isn't too much messing about with Laidlaw between 9 and 10. Good sides are settled sides, who know their 1st XV.

I hope Bradley is strong enough to leave someone like Blair or CP on the bench for the good of the team.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 01 Nov 2011, 8:09 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:It's even worse than that though. Of the 28 per cent of the infrastructure that has been completed, part of it is starting to rust already and need maintenance. Apparently tram lines need to be used to be kept in good condition. The reckon a harsh winter will probably mean that the stuff they've complete will need to be re-done.

I've seen it first hand. The stuff on Princes Street already looks ropey.

Good job that we've still got good examples of large project procurement to be proud of.

Like, er, the Scottish Parliament... Erm
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 01 Nov 2011, 9:58 am

Worryingly, they might actually need that Parliament building in the near future.

Personally I think it would be an excellent site for a new stadium for Edinburgh. I'd happily jack in my current job to operate the JCB on that project.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3