The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 7 - Match 1 - Pune Warriors vs Royal Challengers Bangalore

4 posters

Go down

Week 7 - Match 1 - Pune Warriors vs Royal Challengers Bangalore Empty Week 7 - Match 1 - Pune Warriors vs Royal Challengers Bangalore

Post by Gregers Thu 27 Oct 2011 - 6:59

Welcome to the DY Patil Stadium, home of the Pune Warriors

Pitch Conditions: A batting paradise with a fast outfield, should be a very high scoring affair. The pitch might offer just a hint of something to the spinners especially in the second innings.

-----

Please post tactics below...

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Week 7 - Match 1 - Pune Warriors vs Royal Challengers Bangalore Empty Re: Week 7 - Match 1 - Pune Warriors vs Royal Challengers Bangalore

Post by JDizzle Fri 28 Oct 2011 - 3:29

Official Pune Warriors XI:

Paul Valthaty
Ajinkhya Rahane
Virat Kohli
Yuvraj Singh - c
Jos Buttler
Angelo Mathews
Saruabh Tiwary
Graeme Swann
Iqbal Abdulla
Alfonso Thomas
Jade Dernbach

Toss: Bat first. Post a big score, and then apply scoreboard pressure with my quality T20 spinners and the best death bowling partnership in T20 cricket, hopefully!

Batting: Valthaty and Rahane open the batting and look to get us off to a flying start. If a wicket goes early, Virat Kohli can come in to steady the ship but he can also score at a rapid rate but if the openers bat well then Yuvraj can come in and unleash some fireworks. I bat really deep with Jos Buttler at 5 and Angelo Mathews at 6, who can both launch it out of the ground. Tiwary also has a great T20 record and he comes in at number 7 (This is Saruabh. Not Manoj.) and can thrash it everywhere aswell. Evan Swann, Abdulla and Thomas can swing a bat down to number 10. This order should see me up to a big score.

Bowling: I will open the bowling with Dernbach and Thomas, who with such a big score on the board can immediately go into death bowling mode when they are at their best. Mathews will come on first change, and his cutters will prove useful on a wearing pitch and he is a canny bowler. Then on a spinning wicket my spinning trio of Swann, Yuvraj and Abdulla can tie down the middle order of RCB before the death bowling excellence of Thomas and Dernbach (who is a far better T20 bowler than ODI bowler) can come on and squeeze them when slogging at the death. With my huge total on the board, and the pressure supplied by the spinners the run rate should be very high and these two will not allow it to get away from them.

Dernbach: 1, 3, 17, 19
Thomas: 2, 4, 18, 20
Mathews: 5, 7 (maybe 14, 16 depending on how effective cutters are compared to spin)
Yuvraj: 6, 8, 10, 12
Swann: 9, 11, 13, 15
Abdulla: 14, 16 (see above)
Abdulla:

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Week 7 - Match 1 - Pune Warriors vs Royal Challengers Bangalore Empty Re: Week 7 - Match 1 - Pune Warriors vs Royal Challengers Bangalore

Post by Gregers Fri 28 Oct 2011 - 3:32

JDizzle wrote:best death bowling partnership in T20 cricket

I think my death bowling partnership might have something to say about that...

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Fri 28 Oct 2011 - 3:46

I was tempted to put a disclaimer after that! My opinion, and may not resemble actual facts.

And besides, Malinga and Gul aren't real death bowlers till they have bowled on the road that is Taunton and done it there. That is the true test of a death bowler...

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri 28 Oct 2011 - 3:47

True, although Gul did bowl at Hove which isn't the nicest place to be a death bowler

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Fri 28 Oct 2011 - 3:55

Even I have to admit that Gul + Malinga > Thomas + Dernbach, in the T20 death bowling stakes.

Thomas and Dernbach are like the Tesco Value range of death bowler, compared to the Waitrose value of MalinGul.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri 28 Oct 2011 - 3:56

Haha, love it JD!

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Oct 2011 - 4:44

i do like your bowling attack JD, especially the death bowling.

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Fri 28 Oct 2011 - 6:32

This is the first time I have given Thomas a game. Might have made a mistake not including him earlier to be honest.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Oct 2011 - 6:36

to be honest i think u made a mistake not picking him before. He is one of the best death bowlers in world t20 cricket, and his performances for somerset have proved that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Fri 28 Oct 2011 - 20:51

Upul Tharanga O
Mohammad Hafeez O
Ross Taylor O
AB De Villiers (C) O
Manish Pandey u25
Ravindra Jadeja u25
CM Gautam (wk) u25
Stuart Broad O u25
Amit Mishra
Praveen Kumar
Vinay Kumar

Toss: Bat first, get big runs and then hopefully apply some pressure.

Batting:Tharanga will look to attack from the off whilst Hafeez's role will be to anchor the innings, letting the likes of De Villiers and Taylor to get on with their natural games. Should I be chasing, I think I have a pretty long batting order, with everyone up to and including Mishra capable with the bat, whilst we all know Praveen likes to have a swing of the bat.

Bowling: I've included a fair amount of all-rounders in my side who can bowl spin. I'm hoping that if I win the toss they will be able to make use of the little assistance available, if I lose the toss their job will to be to try and contain the batsman.

Jadeja 4 Overs(1,7,9,11)
Praveen Kumar 4 overs(2,4,18,20)
Vinay Kumar 3 Overs(3,5,8)
Stuart Broad 4 Overs(13,15,17,19)
Mohammad Hafeez 1 Over(6)
Amit Mishra 4 Overs(10,12,14,16)

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Oct 2011 - 22:42

i really do like that pune have dernbach in their side thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Sat 29 Oct 2011 - 23:44

cricketfan90 wrote:i really do like that pune have dernbach in their side thumbsup
Why do you like him so much?

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Oct 2011 - 23:45

he's a very good t20 bowler.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down