The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC 137

+3
Clunge4life
Soldier_Of_Fortune
boomdangle
7 posters

Go down

UFC 137 Empty UFC 137

Post by boomdangle Thu 27 Oct 2011, 8:10 am

Having just moved house have cut down on the sky channels for a while so will not be able to watch the next few fights on espn. Am hoping to get it back in time for Brock vs Overeem in December.

Also with all the constant chopping and changing although still some of my fav fighters on the card i just dont seem to be getting the buzz.

Why Siver vs Cerrone is on the undercard i do not know as that will be fight of the night.

Roy Nelson has got skinny, I wonder if his ability to absorb punishment will be effected.

GSP although his fights seem to lack excitement i do like seeing him compete so am glad they are jsut putting the fight back instead of wasting condit.

BJ will do his usual go to the judges.

For the potenial that this card had it just doesnt seem to be living up to it.

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

UFC 137 Empty Re: UFC 137

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 27 Oct 2011, 8:56 am

How much weight gas big Roy lost?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by boomdangle Thu 27 Oct 2011, 9:06 am

Go on Google and type in him and forrest Standing together then you will see.

The belly is gone...noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

Post by Clunge4life Thu 27 Oct 2011, 9:12 am

Agree with you on the Siver/Cerrone fight - and they have Mitrione vs Kongo as the co main event - doesnt make sense!

Roy has lost a ton of weight - looking forward to his fight now!

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by boomdangle Thu 27 Oct 2011, 9:57 am

Cheick I had forgot about him, he won me over with his comeback in his previos fight but Matt had been developing so am backing him to win.

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 27 Oct 2011, 11:26 am

boomdangle wrote:Go on Google and type in him and forrest Standing together then you will see.

The belly is gone...noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Cant find it mate? Could you post a link, its not that I dont believe you its just I find it hard to believe haha

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by boomdangle Thu 27 Oct 2011, 11:49 am

Google Images put in roy nelson forrest Griffin and its the first picture that appears.

Would have gave you more but like most people stupid work block lots of sites.

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 27 Oct 2011, 12:43 pm

He has lost his gut!!

Be interesting to see what he comes in at.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 27 Oct 2011, 1:32 pm

boomdangle wrote:Having just moved house have cut down on the sky channels for a while so will not be able to watch the next few fights on espn. Am hoping to get it back in time for Brock vs Overeem in December.

Also with all the constant chopping and changing although still some of my fav fighters on the card i just dont seem to be getting the buzz.

Why Siver vs Cerrone is on the undercard i do not know as that will be fight of the night.

Roy Nelson has got skinny, I wonder if his ability to absorb punishment will be effected.

GSP although his fights seem to lack excitement i do like seeing him compete so am glad they are jsut putting the fight back instead of wasting condit.

BJ will do his usual go to the judges.

For the potenial that this card had it just doesnt seem to be living up to it.

There are plenty of sites streaming it online some can be bit slow though better than nothing Whistle thumbsup

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by easthfc Thu 27 Oct 2011, 2:37 pm

I think FOTN is a toss up between Siver Cerrone and Diaz Penn. The main event always seems to get an advantage when it comes to dana picking the best fight.

Can't wait to see Hioki. Hopefully he isn't a let down in UFC like a lot of good asian fighters are these days.

Plenty of streaming sites online. If you look hard enough you'll find a stream no bother.

What's everyones picks?

Brandon Vera vs. Eliot Marshall - Vera KO
Tyson Griffin vs. Bart Palaszewski - Griffin Dec
Dennis Siver vs. Donald Cerrone - Cerrone KO
Hatsu Hioki vs. George Roop - Hioki Sub
Scott Jorgensen vs. Jeff Curran - Jorgensen Dec
Mirko Filipović vs. Roy Nelson - Nelson KO
Cheick Kongo vs. Matt Mitrione - Mittrione KO
B.J. Penn vs. Nick Diaz - Diaz KO

easthfc

Back to top Go down

Post by boomdangle Thu 27 Oct 2011, 3:05 pm

vera is another one who has fallen from grace, suprised he didnt make the main card.

Agree wiht pretty much all your picks, but i will go one step further and say that siver will bleed as well. Not one of his fights is there isnt red in that blonde hair of his.

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu 27 Oct 2011, 8:43 pm

Roy definitely has lost a lot of weight! I have more respect for him now, Frank Mir always said he'd make a great light heavyweight, maybe Roy will go down one day. Losing that weight could effect his durability, after all his chin has kept him from getting knocked out by both Mir and JDS. However, I don't think the Cro Cop fight will really test whether his endurance will be effected, I see Roy winning this fight - I think Cro Cop is spent.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat 29 Oct 2011, 4:19 pm

what do people make of the drama at the weigh in? Was it Penn's fault? was it Diaz's? Will this fire Penn up to give Diaz a beating? Has Diaz just won the psychological battle? Really, really looking forward to this fight now!

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sun 30 Oct 2011, 10:56 am

How come the main event was three rounds??

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sun 30 Oct 2011, 11:32 am

I guess they didn't want to change it to 5 as UFC 138 in Birmingham was originally intended to be the first ever non-title 5 rounder.

But I doubt it would have gone 5 rounds... it turned out to be a pretty historic night nonetheless!

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by easthfc Mon 31 Oct 2011, 9:17 am

It was too late notice to make it a 5 rounder.

easthfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 31 Oct 2011, 10:22 am

Thought Penn got off too a good start and had round 1 in the bag. He seemed to be out of condition and just got outworked and outfought. He did take a bit of a beating there.

Think Diaz is a character. Calling George a chicken where he was the one who wernt turning up to press conferences and bailed out of his bathroom window?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by gibbo104 Mon 31 Oct 2011, 10:25 am

I agree, I doubt it would have gone 5 rounds either, I am surprised that Penn answered the bell for the 3rd!

What did everyone think of the card? I didn’t enjoy seeing CroCop getting TKO'ed again, I like Big Country also so this fight was always going to be difficult as I didn’t want anyone to lose really. Big country is looking better with his weight loss, I think he should keep it going and try to get some abs working.. Big country weighing in 225 / 230 would be interesting.

Matt Mitrione I really wanted to win that fight against Kongo, and although I had Kongo definitely winning the 3rd I didn’t have him winning the first 2... I thought that fight was closer than some of the scores suggest.

Special shout out has to go to Ramsey Nijem vs. Danny Downes on the facebook stream - did anyone catch this? My god Danny Downes needs a new profession, he is very good at getting beat-up but that is really about it... In his last and only 2 UFC fights, this guy has got his arse seriously handed to him.

Tyson Griffin vs. Bart Palaszewski was a nice quick fight. Griffin comes in 3lbs over weight and then gets KO'ed in 3 minutes in the 1st round, a nice victory for Palaszewski

In fact both the prelim fights were over quick, Cerrone tagged Siver with a nice high kick, Siver danced around the cage for a little bit trying to get his legs back (looked quite funny, try to watch it if you missed the fight) a couple of punches by Cerrone, then gets his back and gets the tap via rear naked choke. Cerrone who said he wants to drop to 145 and face Nahm Pham (!) (LOL) is now scheduled to face Nate Diaz at 155lbs at UFC 141 – that has the potential of being a war! But I fance Cerrone to win that one to

As for the Hatsu Hioki vs. George Roop, that was erm.. let’s say interesting. Slightly boring when Hioki was top as he wasn’t mounting any real attack and George had the obvious power advantage. Hioki needs to learn to cut weight and drop to 135, he could easily make it. He looked tiny against Roop. I'm not too sure that I agree with the decision either, I personally thought Roop done enough to win that fight.

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

Post by gibbo104 Mon 31 Oct 2011, 10:27 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Thought Penn got off too a good start and had round 1 in the bag. He seemed to be out of condition and just got outworked and outfought. He did take a bit of a beating there.

Think Diaz is a character. Calling George a chicken where he was the one who wernt turning up to press conferences and bailed out of his bathroom window?

Diaz will get schooled by GSP - and now Diaz will get his wish! If he fails to turn up for the press conferences this time the guy deserves to be cut from the UFC for good

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum