The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pro12 - ERC/TG4 scheduling man sausage-up

3 posters

Go down

Pro12 - ERC/TG4 scheduling man sausage-up Empty Pro12 - ERC/TG4 scheduling man sausage-up

Post by brennomac Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:23 pm

What moron in ERC or wherever decided on the scheduling of the Pro12 this weekend. Munster and Leinster games on at the same time on a Friday evening, meaning only one game on live (Munster) and Leinster game being shown in full straight after so finishing on TG4 after midnight!!!! There's a whole weekend from Friday night to Sunday afternoon to fit in six Pro12 games and then they decide to schedule games involving the two best-supported teams and both from the same country at the same time.

Even when the four Irish provinces aren't playing each other (or the Welsh four regions come to that), all you need is a maximum of four time slots over a weekend that don't overlap - Friday evening, Sat lunchtime. Sat around 5.00 and Sunday afternoon. Jeez it's not rocket science - and it's not as if you're going to find it difficult to find slots on TG4! God, I never thought I'd miss Mattie and Franno on Setanta - but at least Setanta had the kop not to have these sort of games on at the same time. Best thing you can say about the TG4 coverage is the blondie presenter - Ireland's unique method of teaching its first national language - i.e. stuffing it down your throat - means I understood bigger all of the commentary and the analysis from that guy who used to be head of the Government Information Service during the wonderful Bertie-Cowen years.

Maybe the ERC morons think we all hate each other so much over here that we aren't interested in watching games from the other provinces - but we can wait until next Friday in Lansdowne for our regular bout of chronic provincialitis to break out again.
Doh

brennomac

Back to top Go down

Pro12 - ERC/TG4 scheduling man sausage-up Empty Re: Pro12 - ERC/TG4 scheduling man sausage-up

Post by brennomac Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:26 pm

Oh and for those confused by the strange title to this post, blame 606v2 sensibilities - seems it can't handled the name of that feathered flightless bird who goes ... a doodle-doo in the morning. Better change that nursery rhyme to "Ride a male sausage-up horse to Banbury Cross".

Lighten up mods!

brennomac

Back to top Go down

Pro12 - ERC/TG4 scheduling man sausage-up Empty Re: Pro12 - ERC/TG4 scheduling man sausage-up

Post by greybeard Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:27 pm

Excellent rant!
clap

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:37 pm

Brenno - you can overcome the swear filter by typing c0ck. I use it all the time. Smile

Anyway, it's a bummer about the scheduling...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:50 pm

Pssst, changing the spelling to get around the swear filter is against the site rules...

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down