The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mass Effect 3

3 posters

Go down

Mass Effect 3 Empty Mass Effect 3

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 30 Oct 2011, 1:08 am

for me the first one was the best RPG created on a next gen console.

the 2nd one was even better.

the 3rd one comes out in a while... just wondering what you all thought of the first two and what you expect from the 3rd one.

EA seem to just keep getting better and better in my opinion at one point they were a complete joke that were only kept alive due to Madden and FIFA. Now they are serious and have had some great titles in the past few years.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect 3 Empty Re: Mass Effect 3

Post by Dass Sun 30 Oct 2011, 11:29 am

Well there's no doubt EA have been getting better since Riccitello has taken charge but they are still some way of redeeming themselves in my eyes. I'm also one of their biggest supporters when it comes to arguing a case for them these days.

As for Mass Effect the original was a great concept and one of the better next gen RPG's, sadly the sequel went the way of so many other games these days and just leaned on the old action crutch to much. I'll reserve judgement on the third one till I play it but if the trend continues then its going to disappoint me no doubt.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 31 Oct 2011, 2:02 am

really?

i thought the second one was far better than the first even though there was more emphasis on it being a shooter. literally cannot wait for the third.

just out of curiosity dass what RPG do you rate better tham mass effect on a next gen console?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Mon 31 Oct 2011, 1:04 pm

There's no doubt the second game is the better shooter but why did Bioware take that route when at the core the game was meant to be a RPG first. The second one as I said just leaned on that old action crutch to much to ward of the criticism the first received for not being a good enough shooter. There's more to gaming that just shooters and not all games with shooter qualities are intended to be thought of in the same sphere as an out and out shooter.

As for better RPG's on current generation consoles well I'd name a few that were better than the original Mass Effect, although that game belongs up there. As for Mass Effect 2 well there is a slew that belong higher than that game as far as RPG's go, I'm not saying its not a good game its just not a great RPG.

Demon Soul's
Dark Soul's
Dragon Age
Oblivion
The Witcher
Mount & Blade

In some ways the following could compete in RPG qualities though some were also strategy heavy, though just as much as Mass Effect was shooter.

Valkyria Chronicles
Resonance of Fate
King's Bounty

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 01 Nov 2011, 1:43 am

well i suppose its all opinions and preferences...

though i havent played all of them the ones i have i dont think beat mass effect.

for me anyway, simple as i can put it really.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by BigPhil Wed 09 Nov 2011, 6:45 pm

I think Mass Effect 1 and 2 are fabulous games and haven't quite had the sales they deserve. It's easily the best and most exciting new gaming 'franchise'.
The way I think of the two games are...
1 has a much more compelling and engrossing storyline, but the mechanics of the game aren't fabulous. I loved how Shepard was such a determined and professional character and from Virmire onwards I was hooked.
Mass Effect 2 has a good storyline but like all sequels couldn't capture the exuberance of the first, however the controls are unbelievably tight and precise and the shooting is superb. I treated Shepard in the second like a football manager, having to approach and recruit squad members and making sure the team got along through solving disputes, gaining their loyalty in the process.

Mass Effect 3 is something that we should all be looking forward to with the fervent excitement that a big game deserves.

BigPhil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down