The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rikishi Appreciation Thread

+6
Crimey
Gregers
Brady12
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Marsh
AberdeenSteve
10 posters

Go down

Rikishi Appreciation Thread Empty Rikishi Appreciation Thread

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 30 Oct 2011, 7:50 pm

This guy just reeked of awesomeness..

What were your opinions of the big man?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Rikishi Appreciation Thread Empty Re: Rikishi Appreciation Thread

Post by Guest Sun 30 Oct 2011, 7:54 pm

One of the most under-rated/underused guys in the WWE. I mean after his story with Austin he could and should have been given a run with the World Title, but instead he was just dropped into mid-card obscurity, a real waste of talent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marsh Sun 30 Oct 2011, 7:58 pm

I think for every headline impressive performance, you get an equally impressive under-the-radar one. And Rikishi delivered it. Whilst Austin and Rock were dropping pipe-bombs, Rikishi was quietly cleaning up the debris

Marsh

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Sun 30 Oct 2011, 8:19 pm

Whilst I couldn't agree with Marshall any more, I think Rikishi had all the tools to become a multi-time world champion, and could have been the natural successor to Rock and Austin. Gold on the mic. Great moveset. And a good look to boot.

I think there would still be a place for him in WWE today. I'd like to see him aligned with the Uso's - but not with that old dancing gimmick, but a more stereotypical, samoan one. Maybe a stable that whittle weapons out of bone, or do something edgy like eat raw chicken off the bone or something like that? Something to do with bones would be a good gimmick.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sun 30 Oct 2011, 9:22 pm

Can have some of what you guys have been on? Who wants to get cheer someone who's greatest assest is his celluiote backside? Not to mention his finisher that involved wiping his rear end in his foes face.

Whilst he wasn't the worst guy on the roster he was some way from being world champion. He found his level as a dancing comedy side show for Too Cool.

They pulled the plug on his main event push because it was so poorly received. He had soon charisma but the wrestling ability of Sid & the work ethic of The Big Show... His best contribution to the industry was the 'I did it for da Rock' promo because of how bad it was!

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 30 Oct 2011, 9:28 pm

When he fell on the truck full of straw (which didn't soften the fall in the slightest), was without a doubt one of the biggest mark out moments ever.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sun 30 Oct 2011, 9:30 pm

Can I say hook line and sinker?

Anyways he was one of my favourites growing up especially when he danced with too cool in the rumble only to eliminate both of them. Classic!

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Oct 2011, 9:31 pm

Have you ever considered the fact that Rikishi was just before his time?

I mean think about it, if CM Punk was around in the 80's with the likes of Piper, Savage, Steamboat, Hogan, Rude, etc, his character just wouldn't have worked, and he would have probably ended up jobbing out on SNME every week. Now consider this, you have CM Punk talking about how he was held back and how someone is trying to stop him, only to have it revealed to be Rikishi, imagine the heat he would gain, you can't just brush someone aside for a certain fan reaction at that point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 30 Oct 2011, 9:33 pm

Rikishi had a great, unique look, but yet could pull off some great moves and took some hard spots like his Snuka-dive off of the top of the cage. I couldn't imagine Big Show, or Mark Henry or any other men the size of him pulling off a move like that.

I think Brady has shown that he simply has no understanding of the industry whatsoever.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sun 30 Oct 2011, 9:38 pm

Tbh when you think about it Rikishi could have been the biggest thing of the attitude era, he could have even managed the lesnar push. Rikishi and Heyman would have equalled money.

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Marsh Sun 30 Oct 2011, 9:39 pm

I think we've all overlooked he had the ultimate finishing manouvere - The Stink Face. It looked devastating

There's is no move so linked with one guy than that, the guys today can't use a move that like, it's similar to Stone Cold and the stunner, nobody else can use that now as it'll be seen as blatant copying.

Daniel Bryan and CM Punk couldn't use that move, it wouldn't look right, they'd be laughed out of the building. Yet Rikishi made it work, and that is why he should have been a world champion

Marsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 30 Oct 2011, 9:41 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNzTZCCpPq4

Wasn't this his finisher Headscratch

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 30 Oct 2011, 9:43 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:Rikishi had a great, unique look, but yet could pull off some great moves and took some hard spots like his Snuka-dive off of the top of the cage. I couldn't imagine Big Show, or Mark Henry or any other men the size of him pulling off a move like that.

I think Brady has shown that he simply has no understanding of the industry whatsoever.

Mr BV Vader could have done that.

He was the best of all of the big men.

One of my faves ever and incredibly underated.They should have given rikishi a bowler instead of a fedora- then he would have been money.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon 31 Oct 2011, 8:00 am

He was very much a victim of his time Brady. If Rock and Austin weren't around, Rikishi would have been at least two places higher in people's opinion - and that would be right at the top!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 31 Oct 2011, 9:03 am

I wasn't a fan of how much weight Vince encouraged him to put on, he was designed solely for comedy, not sure he'd ever have main evented long term

Vince took the viewpoint 'what's funnier than a 300lb dancing samoan???? A 400lb dancing Samoan

personally I preferred him as a Headshrinker

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 31 Oct 2011, 9:06 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nORokKyPNK0

Huge pop for the big man, just shows how over with the crowd he was.

Or how amazing the crowds were 10 years ago.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down