The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC 138 Chris Leben vs. Mark Muñoz

+3
Valero's Conscience
westisbest
gibbo104
7 posters

Go down

UFC 138 Chris Leben vs. Mark Muñoz Empty UFC 138 Chris Leben vs. Mark Muñoz

Post by gibbo104 Mon 31 Oct 2011, 10:51 am

Hi All,

With UFC 137 behind us now we have a full week to re-hydrate and get ready for UFC 138 and in our fantastic country of England! lol

Right prediction times:

Chris Leben vs. Mark Muñoz - A tough call here, Munoz I most remember him from his vicious KO loss to Matt Hamil via head kick. Because of this I am going for a (T)KO Victory for Leben here, although Munoz has some vicious GnP and if he can get it to the mat then Leben can be in serious problems, but I am sticking with a W for Leben here.

Brad Pickett vs. Renan Barão - This is Brad's first fight in the UFC so I don’t really know anything about him, but as he is a brit, I’ll be picking him to get the W by UD

Thiago Alves vs. Papy Abedi - Again another first time in the UFC fighter, Abedi is undefeated but going up against Alves... Man that guy is a monster! I have to go with a (T)KO win for Alves on this one.

Terry Etim vs. Edward Faaloloto - Terry is a great submission fighter and will have a nice height and reach advantage over Faaloloto who didn’t look to great against his loss to Michael Johnson (the only fight I have seen him in). I would like to think Terry could get this done, either via Submission or UD

Paul Taylor vs Anthony Njokuani - Taylor gets the win here, don’t ask me how though.

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

UFC 138 Chris Leben vs. Mark Muñoz Empty Re: UFC 138 Chris Leben vs. Mark Muñoz

Post by westisbest Tue 01 Nov 2011, 3:00 pm

I'm going to this saturday, looking forward to it.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 01 Nov 2011, 3:57 pm

westisbest wrote:I'm going to this saturday, looking forward to it.

Never been to a UFC event and they are few and far between in Europe let alone the UK so enjoy it!

I hope Leben wins. He was a real piece of work in the first TUF series and runs his mouth a bit but there's something about the guy I like!

I hope Alves wins too but he's lost 3 of his last 4 and could be on the slide.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue 01 Nov 2011, 6:27 pm

I'm going too! Can't wait I'm really looking forward to it. I've never been to a live MMA event before, BAMMA really put me off going to live shows because everytime I watched it on tv it just looked grimey but I trust the UFC and am sure it will be slick and professional. I can't wait to savour the atmosphere and just be able to say "I've been to a UFC show!".

Not sure how to call the fights but I know Leben is one tough SOB.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 01 Nov 2011, 7:35 pm

It will be good i'm sure.

Never been either, we're going up friday for the weekend.

Myself and my brother are Villa fans, so gonna go to Villa/Norwich in the afternoon.

Gonna be a good weekend.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Clunge4life Wed 02 Nov 2011, 8:48 am

Having been at a live UFC event there is nothing like it- the atmosphere is electric - the one i was at ironically Leben was in the main event aswell against Bisping

I got front row tickets which were insanely expensive but well worth it on the nite!

What tickets did you guys get?

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 02 Nov 2011, 9:25 am

We got the £75 ones, 5 of us going to the event.

One of the lads got them, think the price range was £50 up to £200, or something like that.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed 02 Nov 2011, 9:37 am

yeah that's right, I also got the £75 tickets - I'm going with a couple of colleagues from work. As I have to travel up from Essex I couldn't justify buying the more expensive tickets.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by gibbo104 Wed 02 Nov 2011, 9:41 am

Man, I am uber jealous that you guys are going to the event live! Make sure to update the forum on Sunday with what you made of the event and atmosphere etc.

I have only ever been to a couple of MMA events live all of which have been in a little club called the circus tavern in Essex, great fun but nowhere near the level or excitement of a UFC event!

Have fun guys, I'm sure you will!

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 02 Nov 2011, 10:32 am

gibbo104 wrote:Man, I am uber jealous that you guys are going to the event live! Make sure to update the forum on Sunday with what you made of the event and atmosphere etc.

I have only ever been to a couple of MMA events live all of which have been in a little club called the circus tavern in Essex, great fun but nowhere near the level or excitement of a UFC event!

Have fun guys, I'm sure you will!

I as well have only been to low-key MMA events (Rochester, Kent, not far from Circus Tavern Gibbo!), still very good but as you say they can't compete for professionalism and watching well known fighters.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by boomdangle Thu 03 Nov 2011, 9:36 am

Was at the tavern last week for some boxing, lets just say there was more punches thrown in the bar area between the trainers than the ring haha.

back on topic, i think munoz will get the ko. I love leben since he took those two fights in quick succession and he always brings it. But in doing so is prone for a tko himself which i why i am back mark.

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

Post by gibbo104 Thu 03 Nov 2011, 12:23 pm

hahah! The Circus Tavern, as notorious as it is grubby....

I am looking forward to this card, not necessarily the names on the card but the fact I can watch it and I will be in bed before 5am!

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

Post by gibbo104 Sat 05 Nov 2011, 11:25 pm

westisbest wrote:I'm going to this saturday, looking forward to it.

Did you see the guy who got into the Octagon? How did he get in? It wasn’t you was it...?!?

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

Post by gibbo104 Sat 05 Nov 2011, 11:29 pm

A very entertaining card in the end, with some good fights on the undercard as well. Wish I was there the crowd sounded amazing, a bit gutted for Leben as I do like his style of fighting and wanted him to get the W but Munoz looked very impressive. I still feel Chael should get the next shot at Silva but Munoz vs. the winner of Bisbing Vs Milller as the next number 1 contender fight

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sun 06 Nov 2011, 8:13 pm

UFC 138 was amazing! It was just so cool being a part of the genuine thing. My friends and I were all really excited just to be there, to see Bruce Buffer introduce the fights and to see Joe Rogan interviewing the winners. It all helped to make it feel really authentic. I'm glad the crowd came across well because I thought we sounded loud from the arena but wasn't sure how it would come across on TV. I was really proud of all the British fighters even if they didn't all win and am glad they won all of the honours for the night. The fights were really entertaining and you get so pumped when someone is on the verge of knocking someone out or submitting them - the whole crowd were on their feet making loads of noise. I really enjoyed getting carried away - there was a great atmosphere! I will write a proper blog once I've had time to rest and reflect tomorrow with a more indepth review.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by TipToes88 Mon 07 Nov 2011, 12:59 am

Didn't attend but watched it on the box. Good night for the submissions and there were a few belters thrown. Was a bit disapointed in Leben Munoz getting stopped but it happens.

Only gripe that I have is lebens entrance kinda put a buzzkill on the night by making us listen to the whole of Mad World instead of hyping us up

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 07 Nov 2011, 8:33 am

Ha no gibbo wasnt me, he was moved out of there shap enough.

We were pretty close to the cage.

Had a decent view of Dana and Rashad Evans.

Funny when he was on the big screen, most people started booing.

Enjoyed the occasion.

I was probably one of few supporting Munoz, dont mind Leben, just preferd Munoz.

Was a decent fight, When the doctor checked on Leben, I was glad he let him carry on, although I had a feeling it was only a matter of time before the stoppage.

Thought Maguire looked decent, was a good fight.
Was hoping the Alves fight would have been longer.
Cant remember his name, the aussie guy, against the french guy, turned that one around, thought he was going to lose.

Was great to be there in all, enjoyable, I must say as soon as the Munoz/Leben fight was over, I have never seen so many people rush out of an arena.

Enjoyable altogether, next time UFC is in England will definatly try to go again.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon 07 Nov 2011, 7:40 pm

here's my review

http://ewenebsworth.blogspot.com/2011/11/ufc-138-review.html

It's not brilliant but I don't have time to write a better one!

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down