The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bradley Welsh - one of britains most dangerous men

+14
ShahenshahG
TRUSSMAN66
two_tone
AlexHuckerby
Soldier_Of_Fortune
superflyweight
Scottrf
6oldenbhoy
sodhat
bhb001
88Chris05
Rowley
Union Cane
Waingro
18 posters

Go down

Bradley Welsh - one of britains most dangerous men Empty Bradley Welsh - one of britains most dangerous men

Post by Waingro Tue 01 Nov 2011, 12:52 pm

I saw an episode on britains most dangerous men it was about this guy called Bradley Welsh who was from edinburgh. He was a football hooligan and criminal but he also was a very promising boxer in the amateurs he was picked to represent Scotland many times and is the only Scottish amateur to win both the East and West Scottish divisional boxing titles. But his criminal lifestyle caught up with him and he was jailed. But in prison he began to focus on boxing and change around his life he was so good that even while training in prison he was picked to represent Scotland again and boxed all over the UK before being brought back to prison. When he was released he decided to go to America to turn pro and he went to train with Angelo Dundee who trained Ali. But he said Angelo Dundee was a horrible person who exploited boxers including this Cuban guy who had literally ad to swim to Florida from cuba and that Dundee just milked him for money so he ended up leaving and going elsewhere. He won 9 out of 10 fights as pro but the greed of promoters and managers made him quit the sport as a pro. Now he trains boxers back in Scotland. I thougt it was interesting it seems that this guy had lots of potential he was picked on the UK Olympic team before he went to prison has anyone else heard of this guy or seen the show?? It sunds like if he had kept out of trouble he could have been a quality pro what do people think??

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Bradley Welsh - one of britains most dangerous men Empty Re: Bradley Welsh - one of britains most dangerous men

Post by Union Cane Tue 01 Nov 2011, 12:56 pm

Always found him highly irritating, imo he is a poor man's Brian Conley.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Bradley Welsh - one of britains most dangerous men Empty Re: Bradley Welsh - one of britains most dangerous men

Post by Rowley Tue 01 Nov 2011, 12:58 pm

Union Cane wrote:Always found him highly irritating, imo he is a poor man's Brian Conley.

Think you're selling him short there Union, thought he was pretty good in Corrie.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 01 Nov 2011, 12:58 pm

Turned down the chance to work with Angelo Dundee because Dundee 'wasn't a nice person' (says the man who got his kicks from scrapping with a load of blokes he didn't know)? Could have been a great boxer but quit because he didn't like what the sport represents?

Call my a cynic, but I think the unsavoury football thug with two prison terms behind him for assault may be telling porkies.

I saw that programme but to be honest I find a lot of Dyer's 'Deadliest Men' stuff a load of garbage. I'm sure Welsh was a pretty good boxer at that level, but to speculate on anything else would be a bit daft as he never really progressed beyind it.

Oops, sorry, Waingro, I nearly forgot. Quality. There you go.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue 01 Nov 2011, 12:59 pm

Apologies, but where's the poll? You can't get away with a pointless posting without including a poll. Where's the consistency?

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 01 Nov 2011, 1:00 pm

Would he have beaten a prime Lewis iyo?

Also, when you say literally had to swim from Cuba to America, is that as in 'he actually did' or just that his boat was a bit slow?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Tue 01 Nov 2011, 1:01 pm

rowley wrote:
Union Cane wrote:Always found him highly irritating, imo he is a poor man's Brian Conley.

Think you're selling him short there Union, thought he was pretty good in Corrie.

Not as good as Shane Richie in Eastenders.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 01 Nov 2011, 1:01 pm

I'd say his future was probably in swimming, he sounds superhuman.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Tue 01 Nov 2011, 1:02 pm

Was he a Hearts fan?

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 01 Nov 2011, 1:02 pm

Derek Chisora was quite good on that show about haunted buildings though, wasn't he?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 01 Nov 2011, 1:09 pm

At least when that Cuban guy had to leave Angelo's gym he could fall back on his swimming prowess.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 01 Nov 2011, 1:11 pm

Waingro wrote:It sunds like if he had kept out of trouble he could have been a quality pro what do people think??

Not sure, did he mention whether or not he'd have fought black fighters?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 01 Nov 2011, 2:03 pm

sodhat wrote:Would he have beaten a prime Lewis iyo?

Also, when you say literally had to swim from Cuba to America, is that as in 'he actually did' or just that his boat was a bit slow?

Laugh

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 01 Nov 2011, 2:06 pm

Or could it be the fact he wasn't any good. His only fight in america was a defeat to a boxer who was 0-2 and lost both fights by 1st round KO. He even had another fight after Welsh and got Ko'd in the 1st again.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Tue 01 Nov 2011, 2:13 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Or could it be the fact he wasn't any good. His only fight in america was a defeat to a boxer who was 0-2 and lost both fights by 1st round KO. He even had another fight after Welsh and got Ko'd in the 1st again.

You're missing the point Soldier, if he was on Danny Dyer's Hardest Men, then he must be a cracking fighter. If it wasn't for the jail time he would have rivaled Sugar Ray Robinson in the all time stakes.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 01 Nov 2011, 2:17 pm

If he was on Danny Dyer's hardest men stands to reason he would have been proper mustard, well tasty geezer on the cobbles. Say what you want about Ronnie and Reggie but they only hurt their own and you could leave your door open when they were on the manor.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 01 Nov 2011, 2:22 pm

hehe

danny dyers a plonker.

does anyone remembes the channel 5 show that had the female cray in it (her name escapes me) but it was something like her hard bar stewards.

every time they finished talking about one of the guys they had the camera would at her and rhe would go "he was one hard Bar Steward"

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 01 Nov 2011, 2:45 pm

These ridiculous Dyer yarns tend to be pretty laughable in general. A load of 'master criminals' (apparently, selling a bit of weed from your flat and having the odd punch up with some fat blokes outside a kebab house is enough to qualify for that status now) throwing out the usual clichés of, "Crime was the only path in life open to me" or, "More people round here ask me to sort their problems and straighten people out for them than they do the police" and of course, the classic "I don't like violence really."

Mind you, can't blame Dyer for taking on that particular gig. Let the 'gangsters' tell their stories, act as if you believe them, and laugh all the way to the bank.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Tue 01 Nov 2011, 4:11 pm

Dyer is really on the ropes at the moment was flicking through SKY last night and he was investigating the truth of UFO's in Weymouth or some rubbish on channel 240+ and I thought the 'Hardest Man' was lame...

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 01 Nov 2011, 4:21 pm

I like Dyer......."I'd Smash the granny out of her" is one of the best lines in Cinema history!!

Leave him alone.. Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 01 Nov 2011, 4:28 pm

Dyer doesn't seem the sort to go meet hardcore gangsters who will probably beat him half to death and leave him hanging upside down from a tree hogtied, naked and with a cucumber up (or down) his rectum - only to be found by a pensioner walking her dog at dawn.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Tue 01 Nov 2011, 4:30 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I like Dyer......."I'd Smash the granny out of her" is one of the best lines in Cinema history!!

Leave him alone.. Cool

Props the the scriptwriters for that one.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 01 Nov 2011, 4:32 pm

props the the scriptwriters.....

not a bad line either.....pity that wasn't in the film too...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 02 Nov 2011, 3:45 pm

He runs the gym at Holyrood and just put on the big show that was open air in Princes st, drew a couple of thousand.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveVDK Wed 02 Nov 2011, 6:03 pm

He had a breif stint as a proffesional http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=27427&cat=boxer as you can see, looks ok, nothing special.

DaveVDK

Back to top Go down

Bradley Welsh - one of britains most dangerous men Empty i no brad welsh very well all you key board gangsters would not say a bad word to his face

Post by ib Sun 08 Sep 2013, 12:28 pm

ib

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun 08 Sep 2013, 4:54 pm

Of all threads, why has this been ressurected?

Speaking of Dyer, someone recently tweeted him saying "can I have a retweet for my granddad who helped beat the germans in WWII?" Attached was a picture of Stalin aged 23. He retweeted it. Plonker.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 08 Sep 2013, 4:56 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:Of all threads, why has this been ressurected?

Speaking of Dyer, someone recently tweeted him saying "can I have a retweet for my granddad who helped beat the germans in WWII?" Attached was a picture of Stalin aged 23. He retweeted it. Plonker.
Hahahahahahahahahahaahahahah

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 09 Sep 2013, 5:28 pm

Wow, this thread nearly has 10,000 views...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down