The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Theft Auto V Trailer

+12
Shifty
ADMIN
liverbnz
Scottrf
The Galveston Giant
AlexHuckerby
BALTIMORA
Dass
TwisT
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Bull
B91212
16 posters

Go down

Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Empty Grand Theft Auto V Trailer

Post by B91212 Wed 02 Nov 2011, 4:11 pm

The first trailer for GTA V for anyone who's interested

http://www.rockstargames.com/

B91212

Back to top Go down

Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Empty Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer

Post by Bull Wed 02 Nov 2011, 4:14 pm

Yahoo CANT BELIEVE ITS BACK!!

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 02 Nov 2011, 4:28 pm

That is one beautiful looking world!

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 02 Nov 2011, 4:34 pm

I guess it is on the PS3????

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 02 Nov 2011, 4:51 pm

Very Happy yeah it is twist

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 02 Nov 2011, 4:54 pm

Checked when it is coming out.....autumn 2012 Sad

I love GTA. Seeing that trailer is just torture. Counting the days......

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 02 Nov 2011, 4:56 pm

Shocked way too long but at least rockstar takes time with there games unlike cod which brings out the same rubbish every year

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Nov 2011, 6:50 pm

Wow. That's all I can say.

Loved 4, 5 should be an epic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Wed 02 Nov 2011, 7:13 pm

TheBrahmaBull wrote: Shocked way too long but at least rockstar takes time with there games unlike cod which brings out the same rubbish every year

Just goes to show what happens when you are owned by a decent company in Take-Two like Rockstar are, over Infinity Ward being owned by Activision.

Looks good from the trailer but I'm more interested in the less mentioned game Agent which Rockstar are currently working on.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 02 Nov 2011, 7:34 pm

agree with you dass really looking forward to agent more cause we have not got anything about it yet ! apart from its in the 80s or something?

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Thu 03 Nov 2011, 12:07 am

All we seem to know so far is it will be a espionage type game set during the late 70's with the Cold War as the theme. Almost postive it won't be a FPS type game as Rockstar seem adamant about avoiding the genre like the plague since everyone and their dog seems to going down that road with their games. Which is refreshing to say the least.

Other than that any information has been scarce.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 03 Nov 2011, 9:53 am

Dass wrote:
TheBrahmaBull wrote: Shocked way too long but at least rockstar takes time with there games unlike cod which brings out the same rubbish every year

Just goes to show what happens when you are owned by a decent company in Take-Two like Rockstar are, over Infinity Ward being owned by Activision.

Looks good from the trailer but I'm more interested in the less mentioned game Agent which Rockstar are currently working on.
Activision seem hell-bent on running their biggest franchises into the ground. Tony Hawk's and Guitar Hero were both done to death with a glut of releases each barely differing from the one before. Now they seem to be attempting the same with their annual Call of Duty releases. Rockstar seem to focus on fewer games but with a greater emphasis on quality, and as a result there's usually a real sense of the developers' characters and personalities that shines through into their games.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Thu 03 Nov 2011, 2:28 pm

I'm not as big a fan of Rockstar as some and think on occasion their games get overrated just because it's their name attached to the project. What I can't deny is much like Bioware they produce games at their own schedule, taking their time to make sure it releases how they want.

I think having a good owner in Take-Two has been seriously beneficial to Rockstar, they haven't rushed them and gave them the time to develop these games much like EA is starting to do with some of it's acquired studios.

Activision on the other hand are being crippled by one man Robert Kotick who seems hell bent on making money at the cost of all else. Once quoted saying this during a interview.

"I want to take the fun out of making video games"

It's hardly surprising many of Activisions owned companies like Blizzard and Infinity Ward are either losing staff to newly formed operations or are producing lower quality games on mass. Diablo III should be interesting though as its development hasn't appeared to be rushed along and it will sell massively on release but will the quality be there. Only reason I'm interested in the project is Leonard Boyarsky is one of the leads and he's a favourite developer of mine form his Black Isle days.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 03 Nov 2011, 2:38 pm

I've not played all of Rockstar's releases, but I've played GTA without missing one, and Red Dead Redemption I completed 100%. Not played LA Noire, or Bully.

I didn't realise Activision had such an A-hole as a CEO

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Thu 03 Nov 2011, 2:57 pm

Lets just say if Satan ever felt like giving up the Prince of Darkness gig for a while then Bobby Kotick would be waiting in the wings as more than ready replacement.

I remember one quote where he called Bungie the only true high quality developer left in the industry just so happens that Bungie had a 10 game deal with Activision at the time.

La Noire was overrated, though the motion capture technology was fantastic, even more so due to the Rockstar name attached though Team Bondi (now defunct) would have got a lot of attention anyway from the game. Plenty to work with problem was they never did more than scratch the surface with the game as far as I'm concerned it was all a bit shallow on the investigation front and case's followed a simple hand holding model.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Thu 03 Nov 2011, 9:06 pm

Dass wrote:Lets just say if Satan ever felt like giving up the Prince of Darkness gig for a while then Bobby Kotick would be waiting in the wings as more than ready replacement.

I remember one quote where he called Bungie the only true high quality developer left in the industry just so happens that Bungie had a 10 game deal with Activision at the time.

La Noire was overrated, though the motion capture technology was fantastic, even more so due to the Rockstar name attached though Team Bondi (now defunct) would have got a lot of attention anyway from the game. Plenty to work with problem was they never did more than scratch the surface with the game as far as I'm concerned it was all a bit shallow on the investigation front and case's followed a simple hand holding model.
Didn't know that Team Bondi was wound up after LA Noire (just read up about it) and I agree with you about the game being (massively) overrated.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 04 Nov 2011, 4:17 am

I think L.A Noire was good. Let's not forget it was relatively original so for a first real test at a game like that I think it went very well....

Let's not forget the first GTA's were done from a birdseye view!! Rome wasn't bult in a day and I'm sure if Rockstar were to build on something similar to L.A Noire they would do it more successfully.

Rockstar are fantastic at what they do in my opinion and they generally attempt to create something new or try something a bit different, and generally it works for them. whilst the same can't really be said for a couple of games like Red Dead Redemption it was still a good game!

Also whilst Manhunt was a tad sick minded and twisted, it was absolutely AWESOME!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 04 Nov 2011, 9:03 am

I'd forgotten about Manhunt. I thought that was decidedly average. It was just an exercise it shock value. What you're forgetting about the first two GTA games is that while they were hugely different in appearance from what would come later, they were still highly rated very good games in their own right. I'd probably also say Red Dead Redemption was much better than you give it credit for. Not to everyone's tastes, I agree, but there was very little in the game that wasn't done well.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 04 Nov 2011, 9:45 am

Red Dead Redemption was something else, i thought Manhunt was really good for it's time but there was a lot of shock value there, there's not many games that let you go behind someone with a plastic bag and put it over their head suffocating them.

Grand theft Auto is going back to Vinewood, annoying the trailer is released so early, probably won't come out until december next year.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 04 Nov 2011, 9:53 am

BALTIMORA wrote:Activision seem hell-bent on running their biggest franchises into the ground. Tony Hawk's and Guitar Hero were both done to death with a glut of releases each barely differing from the one before. Now they seem to be attempting the same with their annual Call of Duty releases. Rockstar seem to focus on fewer games but with a greater emphasis on quality, and as a result there's usually a real sense of the developers' characters and personalities that shines through into their games.
Activision: Revenue $2.9 Billion
Take Two: Revenue $968 Million

Clearly it's all about creating a recognisable name and churning out titles.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Fri 04 Nov 2011, 9:56 am

The first GTA was fantastic, I still play it from time to time on my laptop. As Baltimora says, it stands fine by itself it's just that GTA 3 was such a gamechanger.

As for Manhunt, I loved it also, although I somehow managed to lose it so never got it completed so I wonder if my opinion is slightly scewered by the fact I hadn't played it enough...

RDR - I enjoyed it more than I have any GTA with the exception of San Andres, maybe. Everything about the game was enjoyable, from the horse-riding, to side missions, to graphics to storyline - it was almost perfect. I'll even forgive Rockstar the glitch that wouln't allow me to get 100% completion I enjoyed it that much!
Spoiler:
That's how much the storyline sucked my in! Either that or I'm a sad git!

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 04 Nov 2011, 1:21 pm

Scott; I don't know the exact figures but the gap in revenue between Activision and Take Two could be explained by Activision releasing a larger number of licensed titles; movie tie-ins and the like.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 04 Nov 2011, 1:32 pm

Could, but then you do have to consider the amount spent on making the games, which for yearly releases with less creativity may be lower. It was a hastily formed conclusion but I think it has value.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 04 Nov 2011, 1:40 pm

For some yearly dross the budget may not be so much, but for things like CoD it's been massive. I just think it's in no small part due to Activision having it's fingers in more pies. I'm interested to see how MW3 fares though, given the steady decline in quality since CoD4. It's not hurt the sales yet, but there will come a time when that will change.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 04 Nov 2011, 1:43 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:For some yearly dross the budget may not be so much, but for things like CoD it's been massive.
Right, but you have to consider that none of that budget is being spent on titles which might flop. If you’re guaranteed a hit, the relative budget isn’t as high.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 04 Nov 2011, 1:52 pm

Scottrf wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:For some yearly dross the budget may not be so much, but for things like CoD it's been massive.
Right, but you have to consider that none of that budget is being spent on titles which might flop. If you’re guaranteed a hit, the relative budget isn’t as high.
You'd be surprised what might flop though.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Fri 04 Nov 2011, 2:39 pm

liverbnz wrote:RDR - I enjoyed it more than I have any GTA with the exception of San Andres, maybe. Everything about the game was enjoyable, from the horse-riding, to side missions, to graphics to storyline - it was almost perfect. I'll even forgive Rockstar the glitch that wouln't allow me to get 100% completion I enjoyed it that much!
Spoiler:

I agree 100% with this comment, and I guess I'm also a sad git then too.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Nov 2011, 3:09 pm

B91212 wrote:
liverbnz wrote:RDR - I enjoyed it more than I have any GTA with the exception of San Andres, maybe. Everything about the game was enjoyable, from the horse-riding, to side missions, to graphics to storyline - it was almost perfect. I'll even forgive Rockstar the glitch that wouln't allow me to get 100% completion I enjoyed it that much!
Spoiler:

I know what you mean, it was made alot worse having to play as his annoying son!!

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 04 Nov 2011, 3:19 pm

K-PX0110 wrote:
B91212 wrote:
Spoiler:

I know what you mean, it was made alot worse having to play as his annoying son!!
Cue riding off the first cliff available.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Fri 04 Nov 2011, 3:43 pm

If they make another RDR, I really hope it's a prequel.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Fri 04 Nov 2011, 6:23 pm

My guess with the money difference between a Take-Two and Activision is to do with the later at least doing double the number of titles each year than the former (fingers in more pies theory).

There's no doubt churning out franchise games year on year to a public who may complain slightly but always buy the name they know is very profitable. It's certainly how Activision think anyway, they've already said they follow this format in the past and I don't blame then since for the most part there's almost a zombie like approach to buying well know games from a large chunk of the gamer community.

As for spending I'm not sure it's cheaper for Activision, COD:MW2 was reported to cost $40-50m and then with a launch budget of $200m which is some serious cash. I've not looked at all their other games but I do know there's been a few others they have chucked some massive cash at in the past.

Take-Two's main games come from Rockstar and other than that the only other real games come from Irrational Games and Firaxis Games, which is not a massive output since all three are know for taking their time with their games. It is funny though that all three studios in some way or other have their own franchise games, though not churned out with a yearly purpose.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Fri 04 Nov 2011, 8:08 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
K-PX0110 wrote:
B91212 wrote:
Spoiler:

Cue riding off the first cliff available.

Without wanting to give away the ending to anyone who hasn't yet completed RDR, if it wasn't for what you know who had done I would have deliberately lost the last gunfight just so I wouldn't have had to hear "work ya damn nag" ever again.

Another here hoping for a prequel. Maybe it could be as JM when he was still a bad ass, although I guess they would get a lot of heat from the moralists if the only aim was to rob, pillage, Cuddle in a bad way and plunder (and marry a "working girl" to boot). Could be good fun riding as part of Dutch's gang though, gaining rep for the amount of bank tellers killed or whores sleep with Wink

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Fri 04 Nov 2011, 8:10 pm

"Cuddle in a bad way"? I've just been automatically censored and edited when I pressed post.

I feel un-clean Erm

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Fri 04 Nov 2011, 8:24 pm

B91212 wrote:"Cuddle in a bad way"? I've just been automatically censored and edited when I pressed post.

I feel un-clean and violated Erm

I had that same censor the other week, its now my new favourite saying for dropping in conversation. Very Happy

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 04 Nov 2011, 8:52 pm

Some of those censors took me a lot of time and effort I hope you realise! Laugh

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Fri 04 Nov 2011, 9:24 pm

Hero wrote:Some of those censors took me a lot of time and effort I hope you realise! Laugh
Hmmm, I wonder what words you missed. Would I get into trouble if I try and "test the system" so to speak? Censor bingo maybe, see if we can find them all.

Although I agree with Dass, I like the term cuddle in a bad way as well, 9 out of 10 for originality.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Wed 04 Jan 2012, 5:15 pm

Yes another chance to murder helpless pedestrians in my stolen car before hiding in a car park from the army! Yahoo
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Wed 01 May 2013, 4:49 pm

Apologies in advance as I know that it's now not being released until September but Rockstar put out 3 new trailers yesterday on the GTA V website, one for each of the main characters.

http://www.rockstargames.com/V/

Trevor looks a very interesting character to say the least!

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 01 May 2013, 4:54 pm

personally i think Micheal is the character i want to play the most lol also there is a rumor that states that the lost gang might be in the game

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Wed 01 May 2013, 5:40 pm

Michael's family do certainly seem an interesting bunch. There is supposed to be a lost gang logo in the trailer for Trevor but I didn't notice it when I watched it last night (currently at work and the connection is too slow here to check again).

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Wed 01 May 2013, 9:51 pm

This game looks like it could actually rival San Andreas, Cant wait for Trevors part of the story, looks like grove street could be back.

Makaveli

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 08 May 2013, 12:09 am

http://www.gtav.net/info/

Not particularly excited by playing as three characters.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 09 May 2013, 5:11 pm

chris.wilkerson13 wrote:http://www.gtav.net/info/

Not particularly excited by playing as three characters.

Can't say I am either.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Fri 28 Jun 2013, 9:45 pm

Great to see some countryside back in the GTA universe. GTA 4 got a bit dull after a while. The city was amazing but it lacked the fun of driving at high speed down country roads and fields etc where there were few cars so you didn't have to stop every few seconds. The scale of the map is supposed to be massive so I'm really looking forward to that. GTA San Andreas was very big for the last gen and I'm glad to see GTA V will be up scaled for this gen. The bigger the map the better as long as its not bland.

That reminds me, I also hear they've changed the driving mechanics in GTA V. The car felt very heavy in GTA 4 and was hard to turn around tight corners etc. In GTA V they have made it more fun and responsive while all vehicles will still handle differently.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down