The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Exercises For Chest, Arms and Shoulders

4 posters

Go down

Best Exercises For Chest, Arms and Shoulders Empty Best Exercises For Chest, Arms and Shoulders

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 04 Nov 2011, 12:53 am

As you may have guessed from a couple of my posts I am a bit of a novice when it comes to weightlifting and bulking up, however I work out regularly it's just that I don't really know the best exercises to be doing to bulk up these areas.

I do have a good shape but my level of information in this area is virtually non-existent, hopefully you could help me on the correct exercises on how to bulk up these areas the best.

Generally I do Flys and work on the bench press, but just wondering if there's better exercises for me?

Cheers.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Best Exercises For Chest, Arms and Shoulders Empty Re: Best Exercises For Chest, Arms and Shoulders

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 04 Nov 2011, 8:52 am

Chest - keep doing the flyes and benching, but add in maybe an incline dumbell press and also cable crossovers, I find them to be one of the best exercises.

Dips are worth doing - simultaneously work on your chest and triceps.

Shoulders - shoulder presses. Hold two dumbells and raise them out in front of you up to eye level (start on 8kg or so, something nice and light).

Arms - usual bicep curls, chin ups, dips, rope pull downs.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Best Exercises For Chest, Arms and Shoulders Empty Re: Best Exercises For Chest, Arms and Shoulders

Post by Guest Fri 04 Nov 2011, 9:07 am

Overhead press is number one for adding bulk to shoulders, concentrate on that before anything else.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 04 Nov 2011, 4:08 pm

cheers guys just finished a workout doing shoulder presses with 10kg can already feel the difference cheers for that one.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Mon 07 Nov 2011, 6:27 am

Make sure you don't forget your back and legs.

By ensuring you are working both you will grow in other areas as well.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Dec 2011, 9:04 am

for someone who doesnt have cable crossovers, what alternative is there or replacement exercise you can do at home either using weights or can u make a makeshift crossover.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 23 Dec 2011, 12:23 pm

I guess flyes are probably the nearest thing, making sure you fully extend the arms out to maximise the effect.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Tue 03 Jan 2012, 5:28 am

Flat flies are the closest thing, but mix it up a bit with incline or decline flies too. However, doing your outer chest with dumbbells doesn't quite give you the same range of motion as when using cables, where you can really squeeze the contraction. Nice exercise either way!

Dips would also be another good substitute

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down