The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Katsidis - The best Lightweight in Britain.

+3
Steffan
BALTIMORA
School Project
7 posters

Go down

Michael Katsidis - The best Lightweight in Britain. Empty Michael Katsidis - The best Lightweight in Britain.

Post by School Project Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:32 pm

His sole purpose in life is to come over here and beat up Lightweights. Burns will be no exception tomorrow night, it's just a shame that I will be out watching the fireworks outside than watching them in the ring. But I already know the result.

Katsidis will win. Burns will win in emphatic fashion, sticking to his jab and will take it to the Scorecards.

He was put on this planet as a Greek/Australian, British (NOT Scottish) destroying animal. He has failed at the higher level. For that, I have personally adopted Michael Katsidis as British and will recognise him at the best British Lightweight. After this fight I would like to see him face John Murray, Gavin Rees and Kevin Mitchell one last time before retiring as the greatest Lightweight of these shores.

He should be awarded the Lonsdale and British belts outright for his contribution for British boxing, JUST for beating Mitchell. UNLESS OF COURSE, Burns wins in the way I predict.

Last edited by School Project on Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

School Project

Back to top Go down

Michael Katsidis - The best Lightweight in Britain. Empty Re: Michael Katsidis - The best Lightweight in Britain.

Post by BALTIMORA Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:51 pm

I was disappointed for Mitchell at the time. Since then I've discovered a bit more about him, so can look back with newfound fondness on the Katsidis fight.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Michael Katsidis - The best Lightweight in Britain. Empty Re: Michael Katsidis - The best Lightweight in Britain.

Post by School Project Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:56 pm

Yeah, I kind of felt sorry for Mitchell at the time, but seeing as the dodgy little wideboy prefers to bolt around in his BMW carrying blades and hemp I have no love for him.

Though it was rough watching a guy who looked like a child being beat up by a mean Greek/Australian...

As you put it "he looked like a lolipop" haha.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:59 pm

He's got one of those sullen-looking faces, does Mitchell. The thought that he's a wannabe wide-boy, boy racer drug dealing little knucklehead just makes it too easy to dislike him. Plenty of people would love his opportunities, but he's wasting the lot and burning a few bridges too it seems.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:06 pm

I picked Katsidis to win the Mitchell fight. Not many of you agreed with me. I also pick him to win this one. Just not quite as easy as the wide-boy fight

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:27 pm

Why is it a good thing wanting an Australian to stuff a Brit????

In Australia they no doubt celebrate a Brit getting battered and an Aussie being victorious...

That's good is it??????..

come on..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:03 pm

you can support whoever you like...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:19 pm

Katsidis seems a decent fella. What's wrong with wanting him to win?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:19 pm

Besides which, the Aussies are pretty much honorary Brits.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:21 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Why is it a good thing wanting an Australian to stuff a Brit????

In Australia they no doubt celebrate a Brit getting battered and an Aussie being victorious...

come on..

When it comes to Australians, we have that mutual respect and banter. Unlike another nation...

Besides, Katsidis has a fun to watch style and regardless of ethenicity, creed, colour, nation... sometimes you like the MAN who fights. Boxing isn't a national sport and although I like seeing a Brit fly the Union Flag in another country before a fight, if I LIKE the guy who is fighting, I think it's fair to support him.

If Juan Manuel Marquez fought the likes of that little scrott Mitchell, I would support JMM. Not because he is Mexican. But because I don't like Mitchell as a person.

I embrace Katsidis as one of our own as part of the Commonwealth.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:25 pm

to be fair i do generally support the brits... cant think of many times i havent.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:40 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:to be fair i do generally support the brits... cant think of many times i havent.
Sugar Ray Clay Jones Jr?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:44 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:to be fair i do generally support the brits... cant think of many times i havent.
Sugar Ray Clay Jones Jr?

A true Brit is our Anthony Small. A man that many can look up to and admire - His services outside the sport of boxing are second to none. laughing

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:58 pm

cant think of many times he fought anyone that wasnt a brit...

the only fights i remember were when he took on matthew hall. getting stopped by bradley pryce and a shameful performance against i think peter mcdonaugh - time went backwards in that fight.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:55 pm

It's just the thought of Australians loving the thought of a Brit losing and some Brits loving it too....

In Small's case he had some views that some could construe as not in the Brit interest...but Mitchell is just a muppet..

slight difference..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:11 pm

Mitchell being a Brit is overruled by the fact he acts like a muppet.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:18 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Why is it a good thing wanting an Australian to stuff a Brit????

come on..

I think Truss it's simply a case of admiring a more affable character than Mitchell.

We English (and I like to think I speak on behalf of the nation) can be an extreme bunch varying between being self deprecating and nationalisitic if we have a dude with talent. In the case of Mitchell, he is clearly a wally whereas Katsidis comes across as a decent honest chap, so in light of the chav culture that has desended upon the masses, it is more attractive to route for the anti chav, in this case, an Aussie Greek boxer with a comical gladitorial persona.

As far as Burns, he come across as a great bloke too so I wish him all the best.

I've always tried to look for the person rather the nationality as often, our sportsmen are reflective of the culture and lacking in class.

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:10 pm

Katsidis apparently does quite a bit for charity, and when his brother died he still went ahead with the JMM fight. By contrast Mitchell has a reputation for growing marijuana and carrying a knife, and he couldn't even be bothered to train properly for the biggest fight of his career because he had 'domestic problems'.

Katsidis by a country mile.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:50 pm

come on..

So the fact that I like the way Katsidis fights, have quite a few Aussie mates and dont have any Scottish ones means I should still support the Jock just because he is from the same piece of land as me

Righto then...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:40 pm

Steffan wrote:

come on..

So the fact that I like the way Katsidis fights, have quite a few Aussie mates and dont have any Scottish ones means I should still support the Jock just because he is from the same piece of land as me

Righto then...

yeah steffan thats exactly what truss is saying, jeez whats so unreasonable?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:53 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
Steffan wrote:

come on..

Righto then...

I cant say too much as iv promised the mods I wont talk about nationality much. What I will say though is I assume you were happy with Denis Lebedev's victory last night? It made me proud to be European...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:17 pm

#Is anyone else having problems with a particalur boxing site now involving this card?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:17 pm

Steffan wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:
Steffan wrote:

come on..

Righto then...

Chisora certainly did me proud when he was done for slapping his Mrs about, and I was chuffed to bits when Naz smashed his car and ruined that guy's life. Terry Marsh (allegedly) let me down though.

I cant say too much as iv promised the mods I wont talk about nationality much. What I will say though is I assume you were happy with Denis Lebedev's victory last night? It made me proud to be European...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:24 pm

The question is who will the fans cheer on tonight in the Burns v Katsidis match (travelling Scottish fans not included) as it is predominantly a Groves/London crowd?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:26 pm

Can't believe the ref in the Groves fight. Bit early.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:31 pm

Think the ref stopped smith from getting hurt. Plenty of time left in the round and smith was on wobbly legs. Joe Gallaghers advice lost him that, to try and punish him when throws the lazy jab, he then drops his shoulder to throw left hook when groves threw a lazy jab then BOOM, Smith is gone.

Last edited by Soldier_Of_Fortune on Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:43 pm; edited 2 times in total

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:40 pm

Balti, Smith was falling backwards holding the ref while complaining about the stoppage. Thought the ref did the right thing this time to call it.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:47 am

I'll have another watch. Smith didn't look gone in the face, but didn't see his legs.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down