The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kvitova - Bringing some fresh breath of air in WTA

+2
Marcus
invisiblecoolers
6 posters

Go down

Kvitova - Bringing some fresh breath of air in WTA Empty Kvitova - Bringing some fresh breath of air in WTA

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 14:29

I lost interest in WTA since Hingis lost her form. I see her as the last best technically sound and result proven player. WTA lost its glamour by getting one dimensional with power packed baseline players. To add to my frustration the big guns like Williams started to avoid small tourneys and win GS at will, so the no.1 in WTA became more of a lottery, and players made the scale so easy without having to win a GS.

Now Kvitova reminds me of the old era, she is skill full, powerful and best of all is proving at the highest level.

Can she bring the lost flavor back on WTA? only time will tell, but she is impressive , and i hope both Kvitova and Azarenka step further and bring that x-factor missing in WTA.

Last edited by invisiblecoolers on Tue 8 Nov 2011 - 2:24; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Thx for pointing the typo LF)

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Kvitova - Bringing some fresh breath of air in WTA Empty Re: Kvitova - Bringing some fresh breath of air in WTA

Post by Marcus Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 14:38

Give it 3 months, and Kvitova will be #1. Well deserved it will be too. She's got a great game, and is probably the most enjoyable female player to watch of the last 10 years.

Azarenka seems to be conquering her nerves now, so I'd not be surprised to see her winning some big tournaments in the near future.

The women's game is looking up. It has been absolutely abysmal for several years, but finally the tide appears to be turning.

Who knows... maybe even the women's US Open final will go to 3 sets for the first time in 17 years in 2012.

Last edited by Marcus on Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 14:44; edited 1 time in total

Marcus

Back to top Go down

Kvitova - Bringing some fresh breath of air in WTA Empty Re: Kvitova - Bringing some fresh breath of air in WTA

Post by droogle Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 14:44

I've been a fan since Wimbledon though I thought her game didn't look so attractive against in the tour finals with Azarenka doing a great job of keeping her off-balance. When she's flowing all her strokes are beautiful and she can do amazing things with her forehand. She's been compared to Davenport in terms of her ball-striking but she can do loads more with the ball; much more feel and use of spin.

droogle

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 16:14

Yo Marcus. WTA finally looks entertaining, and yea she deserves to be no.1 and that will be great for WTA.

@Droogle, yea her game looks similar to Davenport but much more elegant in my view.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Sun 6 Nov 2011 - 13:17

Another dazzling performance for Kvitova in the fed cup, a supremely talented and indeed very healty looking player Smile
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Mon 7 Nov 2011 - 10:46

Fantastic for the Czech Republic, really pleased for Kvitova and Co. What a great springboard for her for 2012 - a Wimbledon title and a Fed Cup.

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by droogle Mon 7 Nov 2011 - 16:28

I only just saw this interview, according to which she only played for fun growing up and assumed she'd become a teacher like her father:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phpyaTTk138&feature=related

droogle

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Mon 7 Nov 2011 - 16:59

It's lovely to see someone who isn't as robotic and drilled for one thing only as so many of the girls seem to be.

The very best of luck for her for next season - it's great to see a star like her emerging.

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by droogle Wed 9 Nov 2011 - 13:40

Poetry:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xymAFJG8wQ

droogle

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Wed 9 Nov 2011 - 14:10

You also gain a sense that she's not selling herself as a glamourpuss, which indicates a commendable concentration on the job in hand on the court and that her feet are stuck to the ground.
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down