The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to grow and expand this fishing section...

4 posters

Go down

How to grow and expand this fishing section... Empty How to grow and expand this fishing section...

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 08 Nov 2011, 3:01 pm

Alright fellas

Few of us that are clearly very knowledgeable in certain areas of the sport on here, and we have had some good topics thus far. However, I think it's time to look at expanding the section now that it has bedded in, and get some new members attracted to the site. Fishing is the worlds most popular sport, remember, so it'd be nice to do ourselves justice and be able to share knowledge amongst a greater amount of people.

What I'm asking, then, is that you fine chaps come forward with any suggestions you may have for implementing the above. It can be any means of advertising, getting our name out there, link-ups, whatever you can think of that might help, and we can consider the options here.

Thinking about it, link-ups with known brands (and hopefully some prizes that we could get for competitions!) would be best served taking place after we have gained some new members, so that prospective partners can take a look and see that being affiliated with us is worth their time and is likely to get them some business. So, we will shelve that one for the time being.

Twitter is an area that I feel we really can exploit. I therefore propose setting up a 606v2 Fishing Twitter account in the hope of attracting new members and getting our discussions out to our followers. I intend to set this up tonight and get it started, however I might end up asking that one of you gets involved with that if any of you are willing to do so, given that I already run our cricket and boxing accounts. I might be ok to begin with, but when it starts to take off I may need some assistance.

So, fire away, anything you can think of...

Last edited by Fists of Fury on Wed 09 Nov 2011, 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

How to grow and expand this fishing section... Empty Re: How to grow and expand this fishing section...

Post by sherm Tue 08 Nov 2011, 8:13 pm

Anglers are a fickle bunch fists, think the contributors so far have been superb, I do however know a chap that treats his rigs and tactics as a national security issue. whereas I personally would try help anyone if I could.
As to your post, that will be better served then better minds then mine i`m afraid, I don`ht have the foggiest sorry

sherm

Back to top Go down

How to grow and expand this fishing section... Empty Re: How to grow and expand this fishing section...

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 09 Nov 2011, 9:50 am

You're right sherm, but hopefully there are many more like ourselves that are more than happy to share their information out there.

There is a lot of scope for making this into a busy section, and I think it is something we should really try to achieve.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 09 Nov 2011, 11:50 am

I have asked my mate to see if our local tackle shops would put up a small poster regarding the site and the section .

not really upto date with twitter Adam did ask i was interested in the rugby league section but at the time i was at work doing shifts , once i get out of hospital and get sorted i will look into it and let you know .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 09 Nov 2011, 11:52 am

You'd certainly be a good call to run it, kenny, given your activity levels on this site!

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

If Twitter was something you were interested in looking into at some point I'll happily give you a quick crash course on the most effective way to use it.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 09 Nov 2011, 12:01 pm

Laugh I did think coming into hospital would decrease my posting on the site maybe the odd look on my mobile , but then they said i could have my laptop and looking on here is the only thing thats kept me sane at times .

I will definately let you know once im out , and i will need that crash course Very Happy

Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 09 Nov 2011, 12:13 pm

Ha yeah that is handy, no wonder you've got so many posts!

Ok mate, just give me a shout when you're out and we can look into it.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 09 Nov 2011, 12:16 pm

Will do OK
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by sherm Thu 10 Nov 2011, 9:46 am

I listen to fishermens blues on a Sunday morning on Talksport Ill email them this Sunday see if we can get a shout out

sherm

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 10 Nov 2011, 9:47 am

That'd be fantastic if you could, sherm. Much appreciated.

Like I say, once we get a few new members on board I'll make every effort with some of the manufacturers to try and get some sort of link-up going, or some competitions for fishing gear.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sherm Sun 13 Nov 2011, 7:32 am

At exactly 7:30 this morning 606v2 fishing was given about a 20 second positive review on talksport radio. to say i`m happy is an understatement

sherm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Nov 2011, 10:19 am

top stuff fantastic thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 13 Nov 2011, 12:05 pm

Well done sherm .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 14 Nov 2011, 9:27 am

Jesus, excellent stuff, mate! Very well done.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sherm Mon 14 Nov 2011, 10:32 am

thanks guys,, might be worth an email to the fishing mags/papers see if we can get in the letters pages or something

sherm

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 14 Nov 2011, 3:40 pm

Yeah that is something I'll be working on in the coming weeks. In the meantime, let any mates that are fishing mad know about us, and we will try and expand slightly through word of mouth initially.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 15 Nov 2011, 2:17 pm

Once we have got a few more posters within this section I'll be contacting a few fishing magazines and papers to try and get a partnership sorted.

I was thinking the likes of the Angling Times etc, any others you'd care to add?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sherm Tue 15 Nov 2011, 2:36 pm

Think the old fishing section on the old 606 been so full of wum`s that nobody posted towards the end, few years back there used to be a good bit of help and banter, even got the name and number of a guide in Sweden through it.
For such a supposedly hugely popular sport, it surprises me there isn`t more out there on the web

sherm

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 15 Nov 2011, 2:51 pm

I will be going through 'go fishing' initially, as they are the overall publisher of several of the magazines i.e. angling times, sea angler, trout and salmon etc. That'd be a great success if we could get involved with them.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sherm Tue 15 Nov 2011, 3:06 pm

Thats got to be the holy grail fists. good luck with that.
you looked into any of your q&a`s for fishing ala the boxing ones?

sherm

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 15 Nov 2011, 3:20 pm

Yeah that is something I will look into once Twitter is up and running thumbsup

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 19 Nov 2011, 8:21 pm

My mate has been round the local tackle shops and the all were willing to put up a poster advertising the section so hopefully we may get a few more members
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun 20 Nov 2011, 12:32 am

Excellent stuff, Kenny, thanks very much.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Tue 22 Nov 2011, 11:21 am

Answer to the OP - use it!
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 22 Nov 2011, 1:28 pm

1 man can't win a war, baz!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down