The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raw spoilers

+6
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Kay Fabe
JoshSansom
Brady12
A Fine Folk.
Ent
10 posters

Go down

Raw spoilers Empty Raw spoilers

Post by Ent Tue 08 Nov 2011, 11:01 pm

WWE Monday Night RAW SuperShow November 7, 2011 Results
Posted on November 8th, 2011 by Cassidy Haslett

R-Truth gives The Miz a leg down.
The 963rd edition of WWE Monday Night RAW was a RAW SuperShow and it came to you from the Echo Arena Liverpool in Liverpool, England. As RAW rolls into Liverpool, the man who sent Triple H rolling away in an ambulance two weeks ago following two heinous sledgehammer shots returns to RAW, this time as a contracted WWE Superstar as Kevin Nash appears on the RAW SuperShow. After weeks of vignettes promoting his return, the scary and dominant Brodus Clay returns to action on RAW.
Match Results
Non-Title: John Morrison def. Dolph Ziggler (with Vickie Guerrero) by roll-up.
Mason Ryan def. JTG by pin following a full nelson slam.
Non-Title: Alberto Del Rio def. Kofi Kingston by submission to the cross armbreaker.
Jack Swagger def. Santino Marella by submission to the ankle lock.
The Miz & R-Truth def. John Cena & Zack Ryder by The Miz pinning John Cena with R-Truth holding down John Cena’s leg following a boot to the face.
Detailed Results
Two weeks before he teams with The Rock to face The Miz & R-Truth at Survivor Series, the RAW SuperShow kicks off with John Cena, who states that he is “angry” because everyone is talking about The Rock’s return to RAW during a three-hour special next week. Cena continues that they should be talking about this week’s RAW SuperShow as it is the first time that Liverpool has hosted the RAW SuperShow. Cena then reveals that RAW will feature The Miz & R-Truth in tag team action against himself and a “future WWE Hall of Famer”! Before Cena can divulge any more information, he is interrupted by The Miz & R-Truth as Miz admits that Cena beat him last week, but it does not erase the fact that they beat him down a couple of weeks ago and it does not erase the face that he pinned John Cena at WrestleMania. Miz continues that Cena embarrassed them last week and it will be the last time Cena will embarrass either one of them. Miz then proclaims that they will leave Cena with an “impression” he will never forget. R-Truth then states that no one will be laughing after Survivor Series and Cena will not be laughing on the RAW SuperShow. Cena then hypes up his tag team partner, calling him the “tenth wonder of the world”, but The Miz interrupts, saying that it “doesn’t matter” who Cena’s partner is, adding that Cena’s “time is up”. The Miz & R-Truth then close in for an attack on John Cena, but “The Long Island Iced Z” himself, Zack Ryder, makes the save as Cena and Ryder clear the ring of The Miz & R-Truth.

The opening match saw the United States Champion in action as Dolph Ziggler, with Vickie Guerrero in his corner, went one-on-one with “The Prince of Parkour” John Morrison in a non-title match. During the match, John Morrison hits the Flying Chuck Kick on Dolph Ziggler, but with Vickie Guerrero distracting the referee, Morrison could not capitalize. However, Morrison managed to kick out of a roll-up attempt before scoring a roll-up of his own to pick up his first victory since August! After pinning the United States Champion, will John Morrison get his shot at the gold?

Thirteen nights before he is a part of Team Orton in a Traditional 5-on-5 Survivor Series Elimination Tag Match against Team Barrett at Survivor Series, the monstrous Mason Ryan went one-on-one with JTG on the RAW SuperShow. In the end, it was Mason Ryan hitting a full nelson slam on JTG en route to picking up the win.

After claiming that Jim Ross was not in the arena last week for the Michael Cole Challenge, RAW commentator Michael Cole once again says that the Hall of Famer will not take part in the Michael Cole Challenge because the TSA refused to let J.R. fly with the 3.5 ounces of barbecue sauce that he had with him. Cole then invites J.R. to take the challenge on next week’s RAW Gets Rocked three-hour special. Will the Michael Cole Challenge actually take place next week?

Thirteen nights before he defends the WWE Championship against CM Punk at Survivor Series, WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio was in action on the RAW SuperShow as Del Rio went one-on-one with one-half of the WWE Tag Team Champions, Kofi Kingston. In the end, it was Alberto Del Rio locking in the cross armbreaker on Kofi Kingston, forcing Kofi to tap out. After the match, the WWE Champion locks in the cross armbreaker on Kofi again, but the emergence of CM Punk makes Del Rio release the hold.

Face-to-face with CM Punk in the ring, WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio tells Punk that Punk “forced” him into a WWE Title match last week, calling Punk “pathetic and ugly” like the Liverpool fans. Del Rio states that he is the WWE Champion and Punk knows how “dangerous” he is before revealing that Interim RAW General Manager John Laurinaitis has informed Del Rio, through David Otunga, that he can “ask” Punk to cancel the title match. Del Rio then tells Punk to cancel the match or he is going to “force” him! Punk states that he did not know that he had to get in line and politely ask Del Rio for a title shot. Punk then reminds Del Rio that Del Rio originally won the WWE Title by cashing in Money-in-the-Bank on him at SummerSlam moments after he was powerbombed by Kevin Nash. Then, at WWE Hell in a Cell, Del Rio beat him with a lead pipe before taking the WWE Title. Punk continues that being a “cheap shot artist” works and that is why he did what he did last week. Del Rio then demands that Punk and the fans treat him with the respect he deserves. Punk then calls Del Rio “one dimensional”, saying that, besides Del Rio’s frequent speeches about “destiny”, Del Rio never has anything interesting to say, adding that, when people fast forward past Del Rio speaking, they never miss a thing. Punk continues that he is not only going to become the WWE Champion at Survivor Series, he is going to do what Del Rio has failed to do, make the WWE Title “interesting” again. Del Rio argues that he is the WWE Champion and that makes him the “best in the world” before again asking Punk if he is going to cancel their WWE Title match or not. Punk then pretends to think about it before telling Del Rio “no”.

The WWE Champion responds by attacking CM Punk and trying to lock in the cross armbreaker, but Punk fights out and locks the Anaconda Vice in on Alberto Del Rio. However, Del Rio’s personal ring announcer, Ricardo Rodriguez, makes the save, but Punk makes Rodriguez pay for it as he lays Rodriguez out with the GTS! After tasting the Anaconda Vice two weeks in a row at the hands of CM Punk, is Alberto Del Rio’s reign as WWE Champion set to expire at Survivor Series?

Thirteen nights before he is a part of Team Barrett in a Traditional 5-on-5 Survivor Series Elimination Tag Match against Team Orton at Survivor Series, “The All-American American” Jack Swagger, with Vickie Guerrero in his corner, went one-on-one with the man who defeated him last week with some help from The Muppets’ Beaker, Santino Marella. In the end, it was Jack Swagger locking in the ankle lock on Santino Marella, forcing Santino to tap out.

WWE Hall of Famer Jerry “The King” Lawler then appears in the ring to introduce the cover girl for the newest issue of Maxim Magazine, former Divas Champion Kelly Kelly. Kelly Kelly thanks the fans, but the former Divas Champion is interrupted by Divas Champion Beth Phoenix and Natalya, who mock the Maxim cover girl. Phoenix states that being a WWE Diva is about more than a “pretty face and a bucket full of perkiness” before saying that she is going to show what happens when a Diva like Kelly Kelly gets in the ring with a Diva like her. This brings out Eve and Alicia Fox, who run Natalya & Beth Phoenix out of the ring before the three Divas unveil Kelly Kelly’s Maxim cover.

Two weeks after leaving Triple H with a concussion and a fractured vertebra as a result of two hellacious sledgehammer shots, Interim RAW General Manager John Laurinaitis introduces the newest RAW Superstar, Kevin Nash, who makes his way to the ring. Nash first thanks John Laurinaitis before saying that the only person he owes an explanation to is Triple H. Nash continues that, in 1995, he watched Triple H walk in with a pair of slacks and a sports coat trailing Killer Kowalski. Nash states that he should have “buried” Triple H then, but Shawn Michaels watched his match and said Triple H has got something and is “funny”, so he let Triple H into The Klique. Nash continues that Triple H won him over and they had a “real friendship”, adding that he was honored to be at Triple H’s wedding. Nash then recalls the 2011 Royal Rumble Match where he received the “biggest pop of the night” for his return before calling Triple H about putting the “band back together” and Triple H does not even give a response. Nash then says that Triple H “betrayed” him and, without Nash, he’s nothing. Nash continues that Triple H is still the “measuring stick” in the WWE, saying that he does not need a “has-been Legends contract” because he’s “still got it”. Nash then states that assaulting Triple H with a sledgehammer made him “feel good”, so he did it again with a second sledgehammer shot, adding that he showed Triple H how to “play the game”. When Triple H is able to return, how will “The Game” respond to what Kevin Nash had to say?

Backstage, Interim RAW General Manager John Laurinaitis tells David Otunga that Brodus Clay deserves to debut in America and not in Liverpool, so he is postponing Brodus’ return. CM Punk then confronts the GM, telling Laurinaitis that he will be the WWE Champion. David Otunga then chimes in, telling Punk that he does not think that the WWE Champion should look like he works in a “gas station”. Punk responds by delivering a right hand to Otunga before pummeling the Harvard Law graduate before Alberto Del Rio comes out of nowhere, tossing Punk through a table before stomping away at the #1 Contender for his WWE Title. Del Rio continues to assault Punk before referees are finally able to pull the WWE Champion off of Punk.

Then it was time for the main event as, two weeks before they face John Cena & The Rock at Survivor Series, The Miz & R-Truth faced John Cena and Zack Ryder in tag team action. In the end, it was The Miz catching John Cena with a boot to the face and R-Truth holding down the leg of Cena, allowing Miz & Truth to pick up the win. Can The Miz & R-Truth pull the same ploy in two weeks at Survivor Series when they face John Cena & The Rock?

From wrestling 101

Ent

Back to top Go down

Raw spoilers Empty Re: Raw spoilers

Post by Ent Tue 08 Nov 2011, 11:05 pm

Well my thoughts are:

The reality era sucks, was cm punk really allowed to completely bury del rio? What on earth is Nash on about.

What did liverpool do to deserve Ryan vs jtg?

I like what they are hinting at with cena, I don't get his love of sac Ryder.

Thoughts?

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by A Fine Folk. Tue 08 Nov 2011, 11:16 pm

One of the worst Raws I've seen in while.
Glad AwesomeTruth won although doesn't really make a difference now, and don't see how holding his legs down in the pin would affect the kick out?
Can't see why Zigglers getting squashed considering Morrison got beat on Superstars this week to the hands of Drew Mcintyre.

A Fine Folk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Tue 08 Nov 2011, 11:46 pm

Very, very indifferent again.

Liked the Nash promo, he explained his plausable displeasure with Triple H & he was much smoother on the mic. He looks much younger than a guy approaching his mid 50's which with his size makes him look a credible threat....

Hated Punk bashing of Del Rio. How can you take the WWE Champion seriously if the number one contender is telling you to forward his segments? At least Del Rio looked strong on the ring against Kofi.

No Rock build up? Where were the video packages of his greatest moments from the attitude era to promote next week? Seriously has Vince forgot how to succesfully promote?

Ziggler losing to Morrison? Huh? Was that match taped in January? I think they mentioned The Beatles at least treble the times he mentioned the US Title. What's a Schowzer by the way?

Mason Ryan? How green is he? What was that back breaker shoulder ride thing halfway through the match. I wouldn't mind if the guy could cut a promo

Cena, Miz, Truth & Ryder so Cena now performs better without a partner? This win was about 3 weeks to late. Can someone tell me what they are fighting for at Survivor Series?

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 08 Nov 2011, 11:53 pm

They are definitely emphasising the Ziggler losing streak - I mean when before as a 1 match losing streak ever been highlighted as much?! Whether that is a storyline culminating in Vickie kicking him out I am not too sure.

Punk did certainly get the better of ADR on the mic, though that is to be expected as it is Punk's strength... I do hope that the fall out of this whole thing is that ADR improves on the mic and as a character, I think Punk has the ability to do that and that together the two can put on some good matches.

The Nash speech was good, though it certainly didn't open the door for the main event of SS to become a 3 v 3 ... (sorry there gaffer) and neither do I think that the WWE would as it would take attention from Cena and Rock teaming. I am not sure what the end play will be given that HHH is apparently away for another month, comes out next week injured and there is a match at SS? Probably, though all it is doing is further concreting HHH as an uber-face... it would make any heel turn this side of the summer seem very illogical and that would leave a big ? over what his role in the WM lead up will be.

I am not a huge fan of Cena and to be honest neither am I a huge Zach Ryder fan, but even Miky would have to admit that the section last night sucked and that it is rather pathetic that the WWE feels the need to use a mid card face to help put over the #1 face in the company to a crowd... oh dear.

I would have loved to see Booker T on commentary just to hear a "Wha' du' heeehll?" When Nash claimed he got the biggest pop at the RR... what a feud straight out of 1999 that could have been.

Beth and Natalya should have commented on how much airbrushing was done to the KK picture... then again the WWE probably don't want the fans to realise that their #1 face diva actually looks like a pigeon.

If Brodus Clay is the monster under anyone's bed then they must have one of those high ones with the ladders and the study area underneath because else I don't think he would fit.

I am glad that the WWE have built up the reputation of the Survivor Series 5 v 5 match by having proven and credible talents like Mason Ryan and that extra from Mexican America on there.

Kevin Nash has a ridiculously small nose and huge philtrum... and in case anyone thinks that is a euphemism it is actually that bit of skin above the top lip

Maybe Brits in films are always cast as baddies because they watch wrestling and only ever hear us cheering on the heel... John Cena probably wished he was in Chicago last night

I hope that the WWE's plans between now and RR are better than this or it is going to be a looong few months

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 09 Nov 2011, 12:21 am

Cole called Liverpudlians Scousers, and Jerry Lawler made a ridiculous droan sound as if to say shut up, Cole told himthat's what they get called and Lawler who never had a clue if he was being played what so ever made some awkward shuffle

Seriously, this guy gets paid a fortune yet he can't call a match, call a move, truly put someone over or do simple research on the city he's in, particularly abroad when they go out their way to make a big deal of the town

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 09 Nov 2011, 12:26 am

I don't get why you said sorry there Josh, what 3 vs 3 you talking about?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed 09 Nov 2011, 12:33 am

I believe it was yourself who mentioned turning Rock/Cena v Awesome Truth into Rock/Cena/HHH v Awesome Truth/Nash... If not I apologise.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 09 Nov 2011, 1:31 am

Nah man, that's a million miles away from anything I'd think of, which inadvertedly might mean it's got a chance

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed 09 Nov 2011, 6:45 am

the-gaffer wrote:Cole called Liverpudlians Scousers, and Jerry Lawler made a ridiculous droan sound as if to say shut up, Cole told himthat's what they get called and Lawler who never had a clue if he was being played what so ever made some awkward shuffle

Seriously, this guy gets paid a fortune yet he can't call a match, call a move, truly put someone over or do simple research on the city he's in, particularly abroad when they go out their way to make a big deal of the town

It was the pronunsiation I was applaude at

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 09 Nov 2011, 8:54 am

Great Raw for me.

Great Kevin Nash segment.
Great CM Punk segments - particularly with Laurinitis and Otunga.
Some fairly decent matches
Even a good Phoenix and Natlya segment
Mason Ryan was pretty decent I thought - maybe he doesn't promo because they are worried his accent won't scan on American TV?
The reaction for Cena was brilliant - though I thought apart from that, the crowd were pretty flat.
And I enjoyed Cole and Lawler's banter - though Lawler was away with the fairies with some of the things he was saying, and tangents he was going off at.
Vickie Guerrero looked nothing like a Beatle

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 09 Nov 2011, 9:01 am

SCOWZZERS. That's how it sounded to me, I did chuckle, but at least he did a little digging and learned about the city, and even why they were called scousers.

I watched it last night and RAW was a little indifferent in places, but overall it was fairly enjoyable. I thought Nash's promo was entertaining although to say he could still be world champion and the best was perhaps stretching the truth...

Punk and Del Rio moved their feud on well, and the backstage brawl was good too. I didn't really like Punk pointing out that Del Rio's 'character' was one dimensional, it felt all too damaging to me, and I don't think it was necessary to get the feud over.

They're really pushing Brodus Clay now though, eh?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 09 Nov 2011, 9:38 am

Do you think that Ziggler losing streak (not really a "streak" at the moment, more like a "whisp"), is leading to a Vikki G fallout. Which then leads to a Ziggler v Swagger match that Swagger wins and takes the US title. Which then leads (or happens during) a Ziggler face turn and moving on to bigger things?

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Wed 09 Nov 2011, 10:48 am

Well I have to be honest, I like the fact Punk pointed out how one dimensional ADR is...because it's a fact.

You COULD pretty much FF an ADR promo and know that he was talking about destiny.

He's a rubbish champ. I thought initially they were taking him in as some sort of Mexican aristocrat to play off on how rich he is. Instead we get someone that's bland and can't really cut a promo. The only hint at how wealthy he is comes from the different cars he drives to the ramp.

Why not have him splashing that cash a little more. Hiring people to interfere with matches for him. Buying his way out of trouble.

It's a sorry state of affairs when your champs personal ring announcer gets a bigger reaction than he does.

Celtic Warrior

http://officerrahl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Wed 09 Nov 2011, 10:58 am

I thought Raw was very poor yet again. I'll say it again, but I just think the whole storyline with Cena/Miz/Truth ran out of steam weeks ago. Why was Zack Ryder in the main event, I mean I know the fans are really into him at the moment but he shouldn't be anywhere near the main event. The guy doesn't really do much at all, He pretty much just throw's a couple of punches, uses the flapjack, and does that running boot in the corner. He should be kept back in midcard and really should only be going as far as the US Title.

I love the fact that somebody like Ryder is so over with the fans, but I only think it's because he's showed that he has a personality and sets himself apart than most mid carders, I now even like his finisher, but only when the other guy sell's it but he shouldn't be anywhere near the main event, Other guys deserve to get that chance more.

The whole Cena thing is really preticable, how many Raw's have we had since Money In The Bank which has had tag team matches, Too Many! I think they need to cut the whole supershow thing because I think they're just trying to throw as many wrestlers in as possible. Punk actually said something very intresting in his little promo, he was bang on with what he said, and its something that I have read on here from you lot

What happend with Clay, Wasn't he built up to appear this week after weeks and weeks of video packages?

So Raw was poor yet again. Gonna give it a miss now for a few weeks...Not really that botherd about the rock turning up next week either

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 09 Nov 2011, 11:23 am

In fairness - I DO fast forward Alberto Del Rio promos.

My Fast Forwards are;

ADR promos until I see the CM Punk Titantron start
Divas matches (don't mind Divas segments, just cant abide matches)
Non Main Event Tag Matches (unless they involve Heath Slater)

Tell it how it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down