The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 3 - Your Views?

+20
Breadvan
Pr4wn
Dexter Morgan
Fernando
blaineyboy
CFCNick
liverbnz
AberdeenSteve
President Trump
ADMIN
Celtic Warrior
Scottrf
AlexHuckerby
BigPhil
BALTIMORA
GG
cherriesfna
JPX
Dass
Scott is Back
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 3 - Your Views?  - Page 3 Empty Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 3 - Your Views?

Post by Scott is Back Wed 09 Nov 2011, 11:45 am

First topic message reminder :

As we all know, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 was released 08/11/2011 and is billed to be the biggest game of the year. So basically i want to know what you think of it? Is it worth the £45? Is it just an expansion pack on Modern Warfare 2? Do you ever get bored being called a "fag" by a 12 year old American?

After playing it for approximately 2 hours yesterday, my opinion is that its fairly impressive. Not mindblowing yet, nothing amazing but a few nice changes ie. Survival mode is MW3's answer to Zombies and it works quite well for me, not got my teeth in to the campaign yet and only had a couple of games of Multiplayer and all seemed in order.

My only gripe might be that its a bit lazy, 2 years in production and not a whole lot has changed.

I want to hear your thoughts.........GO!

NB. Please dont let this turn in to a Schoolboy Cod v BF3 argument.

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 3 - Your Views?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 3 - Your Views?

Post by cherriesfna Fri 10 Feb 2012, 9:26 am

teh problem i had with MW3(2.5) is that all they did was put a fresh coat of paint on it,
at first its new and exciting and looks amazing.
after a few weeks i relised it teh same as before and apart for looking new nothing is different.
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 3 - Your Views?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 3 - Your Views?

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Fri 10 Feb 2012, 9:52 am

What did you expect? Seriously? ITS MW3! Did you expect to be involved in a WW2 shoot out? Did you think you were going to be competing in a WRC Rally event? Did you expect Chris Tarrent to influencing who wants to be a millionaire? Did you enjoy Forza 3.5 or GT4.2 or GTA 4.6 or FIFA 10.7? Judging by your views on sequel games I assume you think this selection of games are the same as their predecessors.

It's MW3. They cleaned it up and made it better and stayed true to the roots of the MW franchise.

It's clear you are a battlefield game fan. A totally different game to the fast paced run and shoot CoD. To compare them is stupid. I personally find Battlefield boring as the maps are massive. I enjoyed rush, but not enough to want to buy it.

The pace of play in MW3 is fantastic in my opinion. If you don't like it, sling your hook. You have a freedom to play anything you like. The opinion of the masses of CoD fans is the MW franchise is the best franchise of all the CoDs. It's the noisy minority that are making the same ignorant comments about this game being an add on.
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 14 Feb 2012, 6:18 pm

Are you serious? The game is an add-on!

It's hardly ignorant to suggest so. There are barely any new features at all and the game is one-dimensional when compared to Battlefield.

I was MW2 through and through, thought it was better than Black Ops even. But MW3 is basically the same game. Sure, it's clearly a winning formula as the game has sold well but it's so remarkably similar to MW2.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Tue 14 Feb 2012, 9:11 pm

Oh no! Another person brain washed by the anti-CoD franchise. I guess you were bothered this much when Gran Turismo released another Racing Simulator! Oh the Horror and lack of imagination they showed by doing that.

Yes it's so simalar to MW2. That's what makes it part of the MW franchise. To call this game an add on just shows a lack of knowledge about this game. How many new weapons are in this game? Kill streak rewards? Assault/Support and perk rewards?

Did MW2 allow you to rank up a weapon? Are there new perks? Was there a survival mode? Different co-op missions? The maps are totally different and designed a million times better than MW2.

I guess the first thing most n00bs noticed was the grenade launcher was nerfed right down. Suddenly, a lack of skill became more noticeable as they could not hide behind a n00btube anymore.

Call of Duty Elite for MW3 has been a revelation. You can be here at Monza ensuring the tyre Walls are ready for Lewis Hamilton, then, out of nowhere you get an idea for a custom class. Set it up on your phone and it's waiting for you next time you play the game.

It mostly the n00bs making the noise about the game being an add on. Clearly, they need to take off their hate blinkers and accept that this is one of the greatest FPS of all time.
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Wed 15 Feb 2012, 3:35 pm

Did MW2 allow you to rank up a weapon?
YES through challenges
Are there new perks?
about 5, rst are renamed or teh same
Was there a survival mode? No
Different co-op missions? MW2 spec-ops was a mile better than MW3s
The maps are totally different and designed a million times better than MW2.
preferd MW2s maps and there really noy that different,plz tell em how they are better.

MW3 was a diispointment and after a while teh arcade style run and gun wore off on me,
i personally fing BF3 a lot better as ther is more variety, thts just my humble opinion
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Feb 2012, 11:28 am

Look I'm not one of these tech geeks who plays online for 15 hours until my brain explodes but I've played both MW3 & Battlefield storylines and there's only one winner......MW3. Totally superior.

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Thu 16 Feb 2012, 11:33 am

John wrote:Look I'm not one of these tech geeks who plays online for 15 hours until my brain explodes but I've played both MW3 & Battlefield storylines and there's only one winner......MW3. Totally superior.

ive played both and iagree MW3 suprior in some ways but BF3 in others,
Campgain adn Additiols go teh MW3 hats off.
but the online was too similar and praticly was MW2 and i just felt BF3 put a ton more effort and work in theres and it payed of for me.
its all about opinions tho and if ive only got half and hour and i fancy shooting sumthing i go for MW3 cause its quicker more faced paced as i could fit in easuly 3 games and compared to 1 or not even that on battlefield.

im in no way saying that MW3 is a bad game infact it is a very good game but im disspointed in IF with teh lack of effort and initative that went into teh COD online.

still on teh COD4 Bandwagon tho Smile
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Thu 16 Feb 2012, 8:52 pm

****** Breaking News *******

MW3 is stepping up from 10 prestige levels to 15!! It has proved popular with pc users and will be introduced into Playstation 3 and Cross-Box in the 1.09 update patch. Rumour has it that 10 new prestige badges were made. So expect an announcement about a 20th prestige later this year!

Thoughts?
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Fri 17 Feb 2012, 8:14 am

Any links for this or is it just a rumour?

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Fri 17 Feb 2012, 8:34 am

http://mp1st.com/2012/02/15/modern-warfare-3-patch-1-09-brings-new-prestige-levels-music-volume-update-and-theater-fixes/

As requested, one link! This is different from the Facebook link I followed, but the content is still simalar! thumbsup
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Fri 17 Feb 2012, 8:50 am

Cheers AC. I'll have to go to 15 days to get fully prestiged it seems. Can't see it happening as MW3 doesn't have the same 'lastibility' as the others. Been off it for over a week or 2 and I'm having no urges to get back on it.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 17 Feb 2012, 9:00 am

MW3 is the first COD i haven't bought for the simple fact it's become a rush to prestige. Ten levels is more than enough and i haven't ever got near to being fully prestiged. Could have on Black Ops but stop playing after about 4 months.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Sat 18 Feb 2012, 1:18 pm

I think the main loser for CoD for me is the fact that it's so one-dimensional, ie you can't use vehicles.

The tanks, jets, choppers and jeeps in BF3 are superb fun.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Sat 18 Feb 2012, 2:34 pm

Pr4wn wrote:I think the main loser for CoD for me is the fact that it's so one-dimensional, ie you can't use vehicles.

The tanks, jets, choppers and jeeps in BF3 are superb fun.

it is
when in rush defending an objective teh whole aspect of dfending chages if a tank rolls in or a chopper commences an airstrike overhead.
but in COD all u gotta do is cover all entrances and it pracicly covered.
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Fri 02 Mar 2012, 2:04 pm

Anyone played the new maps? I quite lke them myself. An improvement on some of the very average original ones.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Clunge4life Fri 02 Mar 2012, 3:56 pm

What are they like? Thinking about downloading them tonight

Are there many maps available?

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon 05 Mar 2012, 10:20 am

Clunge4life wrote:What are they like? Thinking about downloading them tonight

Are there many maps available?

There are 2 available at the moment mate (assumiing you are on PS3), with a 3rd available at the end of the month - all 3 are currently available on Xbox. You have to be an Elite Premium member, although it would be cheaper to subscribe to it @ £34.99 than to purchase the maps separately. You'll also get them 2 months earlier than if you didn't subscribe.

As for the maps themselves, I think they are both excellent. Liberation, which is set in New York is quite a large map with long sight lines which is ideal for snipers. Piazza is set in a Italian town with plenty of side streets and buildings which makes it more suited to CQC. So there is a good mixture with both and they are an improvement on the average maps that come with mw3 IMO.

There's also some rumours flying around that there'll be at least another 12-15 maps to download over the coming months, with some oldies such as Highrise, Strike, Crossfire, Crash and Overgrown making a comeback as well as a variety of new ones.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3