The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tindall kicked out of EPS

+35
TJ1
Davie
robbo277
welshy824
Taffineastbourne
Bathman_in_London
humpy
Glas a du
hawalsh
emack2
offload
TycroesOsprey
Looseheaded
Gatts
majesticimperialman
bathmad
England rugby fan
faraway
disneychilly
Luckless Pedestrian
Effervescing Elephant
munkian
maestegmafia
Pot Noodle Miner
hugehandoff
Mr Bounce
Metal Tiger
eirebilly
LondonTiger
bedfordwelsh
funnyExiledScot
tomhughesnice
formerly known as Sam
tomathy
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
39 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tindall kicked out of EPS - Page 2 Empty Tindall kicked out of EPS

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 11 Nov 2011, 11:04 am

First topic message reminder :

And fined a few quid. Naughty boy.

I assumed he was going to retire from internationals anyway, but it seems we have seen the last of him and his antics.

Whats Jamie Noon up to these days? Whistle

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Tindall kicked out of EPS - Page 2 Empty Re: Tindall kicked out of EPS

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 12 Nov 2011, 11:36 pm

With hind sight Tindall should of retired the same time has Will Greenwood

Greenwood made Tindall a greta player. Since Greenwood retired, their has been no player, to bring out thje best in Tindall. Tualaghi has brought out the best in Tidall, but to be honest Tindalls best is in the days of Will Greenwood.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by England rugby fan Sat 12 Nov 2011, 11:51 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:With hind sight Tindall should of retired the same time has Will Greenwood

Greenwood made Tindall a greta player. Since Greenwood retired, their has been no player, to bring out thje best in Tindall. Tualaghi has brought out the best in Tidall, but to be honest Tindalls best is in the days of Will Greenwood.

Sort out the spelling Maj ;-)

England rugby fan

Back to top Go down

Post by England rugby fan Sun 13 Nov 2011, 12:01 am

maestegmafia wrote:
What is interesting is the RFU's lack of ability to punish making an example to the rest of the World for the embarrassment that the England players caused their country. The party mantra of "rugby player drinks beer, Shocker!" still holds. Thing is it was never the right mantra...

Were you embarrassed when Phillips, Henson and other Welsh players partook in "Rugby player drinks beer, Shocker" ?

I'm not embarrassed by the behaviour of the England players during RWC 2011. I'm disappointed they didn't beat France in the 1/4 final, but they had a better win percentage (although joint equal with Ireland) than any of other the home nations sides.

England rugby fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hawalsh Sun 13 Nov 2011, 4:03 am

emack2 wrote:You miss the point,the fact that Ashton/Haskell WERE fined even if suspended.That THERE was a breach of discipline by them Too,BUT they at least may play again for England.

The key is that the breaching of the code of conduct wasn't near the same degree though (a conclusion that none of us are placed to offer any veracity to). The players were told they could go out for a drink, not go out and get smashed. According to the report, Tindall's "very serious breach" was that as captain he led the way in staying out beyond what would have been acceptable, seems to have been the most inebriated and then misled the inquiry that followed. Ashton & Haskell were found innocent of the allegations against them and simply guilty of not avoiding a compromising situation rather than any wrongdoing in it.

It's also worth noting that even if they had received the same punishment, that would not, as you suggest, have prevented them from playing for England again. Tindall's punishment was removal from the EPS, not a ban from re-entering it when the new one is announced in January (the realities of the situation obviously being that he wasn't likely to be picked again anyway). It's actually a pretty meaningless punishment to hand out to anyone and would only have been of any worth if there had been a match before the next EPS announcement.

hawalsh

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Sun 13 Nov 2011, 2:57 pm

England rugby fan wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
What is interesting is the RFU's lack of ability to punish making an example to the rest of the World for the embarrassment that the England players caused their country. The party mantra of "rugby player drinks beer, Shocker!" still holds. Thing is it was never the right mantra...

Were you embarrassed when Phillips, Henson and other Welsh players partook in "Rugby player drinks beer, Shocker" ?

I'm not embarrassed by the behaviour of the England players during RWC 2011. I'm disappointed they didn't beat France in the 1/4 final, but they had a better win percentage (although joint equal with Ireland) than any of other the home nations sides.

Yep I was pretty embarressd by the welsh players behaviour. Phillips drunk has a fight with a bouncer outside McDonalds, pretty embarrassing for Welsh Rugby I would say he was rightly suspended from the squad. Powell simmilarly fighting with QPR fans in walkabout, lost his job at Wasps and was castigated. Rightly dropped from the squad after his buggy ride. Henson abusing a passenger on the train and then injured himself in a drunken game of slaps. Yep embarressing and deserved his fine. They let the jersey down and the fans who pay their wages and were promptly punished for it.

If your not embarressed by the dwarf throwing, lager swilling, blonde kissing, walkie talkie stealing, hotel maid abusing, drunken diving, mouthguard advertising. underperforming shower then Id suggest that is a reason players behave that way. The welsh players were rightly castigated at home and by the WRU and it has led to a change in attitude and behaviour.

However how can teh RFU do anything of substance when they are paralysed, no chairman, no coach, no captain and only squeeky wandering around at Twickenham desperate to save his cushy number? tick tick tock only 2.5 months on the clock. Laugh

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by faraway Sun 13 Nov 2011, 3:33 pm

The only thing I hated about the whole situation is those idiots who actually believed the exaggerated stories made by the English newspapers especially the daily mail. I don't understand why those idiot readers didn't make there own research and listened to both sides of the stories before judging the players negatively.

to think there are people who actually believe that the players had a midgets throwing contest is laughable and why are some people upset about tindall apparently kissing a close friend, how does tindall's personal life affect them? would they die if he had some marriage problem? do these people invest in their neighbours' personal lives as much as they invest in tindall's?

Lastly, I really would like to see all those who hurled abuse at Haskell, Ashton and Hartley, for that falsely claimed and widely exaggerated incident, apologize.

faraway

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Sun 13 Nov 2011, 3:43 pm

Personally to claim they were innocent because it wasnt "intentional" is a pretty weak defence. It was pretty odious behaviour by Haskell and Ashton even in its best light which of course is the light Squeeky wants to shine on it. Maybe you should be more critical when you assess your "research" and realise bias goes two ways!

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Nov 2011, 5:14 pm

The day an Ospreys "fan" gets all high and mighty about behaviour is the day you might as well stop rugby.

Taibach vomit Wales

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Sun 13 Nov 2011, 5:54 pm

Hardly gettig high and mighty, Ive criticised the welsh players behaviour in this thread and yep Taibach incident was apalling. As was the efforts by the Os coaches to cover it up.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by England rugby fan Sun 13 Nov 2011, 7:29 pm

TycroesOsprey wrote:by the dwarf throwing, lager swilling, blonde kissing, walkie talkie stealing, hotel maid abusing, drunken diving, mouthguard advertising. underperforming shower then Id suggest that is a reason players behave that way. The welsh players were rightly castigated at home and by the WRU and it has led to a change in attitude and behaviour.

However how can teh RFU do anything of substance when they are paralysed, no chairman, no coach, no captain and only squeeky wandering around at Twickenham desperate to save his cushy number? tick tick tock only 2.5 months on the clock. Laugh

When did this dwarf throwing take place.
I think you'll find that the walkie talkie was returned and the hotel staff knew where it was all the time, unlike the hotel who didn't know that their golf buggy was on the M4.
Banter is completely different to abuse.
You do know the player had already blanked out his mouthguard before the IRB noticed ?
I'm sure England still have several coaches, but perhaps I must have missed that announcement from the Daily Mail. England don't need a captain at the moment and one will be announced when one is required.

But you keep reading and believing the Daily Mail it makes you such a rounded person. thumbsup

England rugby fan

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Sun 13 Nov 2011, 8:11 pm

The hotel staff knew where it was because of the childish language and attitude of the players who had taken it over the walkytalkie.

unintentional harrassment is still harrassment not banter.

It wasnt just one player who wore the wrong mouthguard.

Ive openly criticised my own teams players who have shamed themselves and the jersey. The reaction of the welsh press, public and the WRU to such antics has led to a change in both attitude and behaviour of the senior squad.

However the longer the RFU and fans make excuses fpr the behaviour of some of their team the longer it will be before things get sorted out. Its no skin off my nose. thumbsup

As for your coaching team you name one coach who will be taking your team in the Six Nations?

YOu cant appoint any coach with any sort of mandate until you have a sombody to appoint him. The RFU is missing a performance director, as well as a CEO so who is going to do that? Squeeky, oh please let that happen?

The RFU is paralysed and Edwards isnt going to ride in on a white horse and save them nor is Jake White, SCW doesnt want the job until after the olympics and after the lions tour do you really think hes up for the job? Mallett might take it on but he like any good coach wont touch the england job until the civil war is over.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by England rugby fan Sun 13 Nov 2011, 8:23 pm

TycroesOsprey wrote:The hotel staff knew where it was because of the childish language and attitude of the players who had taken it over the walkytalkie.

unintentional harrassment is still harrassment not banter.

It wasnt just one player who wore the wrong mouthguard.

Ive openly criticised my own teams players who have shamed themselves and the jersey. The reaction of the welsh press, public and the WRU to such antics has led to a change in both attitude and behaviour of the senior squad.

However the longer the RFU and fans make excuses fpr the behaviour of some of their team the longer it will be before things get sorted out. Its no skin off my nose. thumbsup

As for your coaching team you name one coach who will be taking your team in the Six Nations?

YOu cant appoint any coach with any sort of mandate until you have a sombody to appoint him. The RFU is missing a performance director, as well as a CEO so who is going to do that? Squeeky, oh please let that happen?

The RFU is paralysed and Edwards isnt going to ride in on a white horse and save them nor is Jake White, SCW doesnt want the job until after the olympics and after the lions tour do you really think hes up for the job? Mallett might take it on but he like any good coach wont touch the england job until the civil war is over.

Broken Record

England rugby fan

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Sun 13 Nov 2011, 10:05 pm

i am sorry but osprey has a point, as a welshman it is embarrassing to see mike phillips get into a fight in macdonalds and then get sat on by a fat bouncer, likewise with henson and powell antics (although you would have to be a miserable sod to not see the funny side in the gold buggy antics, stupid yes but bloody hillarious) but the players were reprimanded and now focus on the game- look at wales' attitude in NZ

but all this attitude by the england squad is disgraceful, jumping off a ferry cos your mates dared you, dwarf throwing (as far as i know dwarf tossing is something else) and tindal who is married to a royal sticking his broken nose into some womens boobs, gumshield thing seems a bit extreme and can comment on the other stuff.

but perhaps if the english players get reprimanded or kicked out of the 6 nations squad then it teaches them a lesson and the english fans shouldnt stick up for their players

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by England rugby fan Sun 13 Nov 2011, 10:32 pm

You really think it's funny to drive a golf buggy up the inside lane of a motorway ? Have you ever thought of the closing speed of a 40 tonne truck on a 6 mph golfing buggy and the potential avoiding action the HGV driver has to take ?

Still it's hilarious that some Welsh fans believe the bollards written by the Daily Mail.

England rugby fan

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Mon 14 Nov 2011, 12:26 am

hmm he was on the hard shoulder not the inside lane so there wouldnt have been a lorry there having to take avoiding action. Or is that an embellishment you picked up in the Metro?

Everyone admits it was dangerous and stupid but there is clealy an element of humour to such stupidity or are you immune to slapstick?

Given the comedy at the RFU off and on the pitch I suggest you get used to it.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by England rugby fan Mon 14 Nov 2011, 7:51 am

There is no hard shoulder on that stretch of motorway.

England rugby fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Mon 14 Nov 2011, 9:02 am

Whilst i always love to see an England Rugby Fan squirming around trying to defend the honour of English Rugby Circus in the same way Chuck Norris defends his daughter's virginity, please, Welsh fans, for the love of god, stop having a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

He is just jealous that a member of the English troupe didn't do the golf buggy stunt first

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by England rugby fan Mon 14 Nov 2011, 9:30 am

Yawn.

England rugby fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Tiger Mon 14 Nov 2011, 9:31 am

Come on...

You should all know better than to get in the way of a Welshman and slagging England off.

At least the Irish do it with some humour.
Metal Tiger
Metal Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 14 Nov 2011, 9:36 am

TycroesOsprey wrote:Personally to claim they were innocent because it wasnt "intentional" is a pretty weak defence.

So Sam Warburton should have had a longer ban?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Mon 14 Nov 2011, 4:43 pm

England rugby fan wrote:You really think it's funny to drive a golf buggy up the inside lane of a motorway ? Have you ever thought of the closing speed of a 40 tonne truck on a 6 mph golfing buggy and the potential avoiding action the HGV driver has to take ?

Still it's hilarious that some Welsh fans believe the bollards written by the Daily Mail.

reread my bit in brackets- it is funny imagining it
dangerous yes but you have to see the funny side in it- but powell got rightly reprimanded for his antics

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Mon 14 Nov 2011, 5:29 pm

England rugby fan wrote:There is no hard shoulder on that stretch of motorway.

Yes there is I drove past that junction today. Another Metro fact?

Here is a pictire of that Hard Shoulder.

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/388330

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Mon 14 Nov 2011, 6:33 pm

There is very little difference between the Powell incident and the Tuilagi incident. Both were dangerous, but at the end of the day if they want to do something that stupid, they deserve everything they get.

Tindall, Haskell and Ashton made the mistake of giving the press subjects that they could fill pages about, most of it embellished. They were all stupid, they all deserve reprimanding, but their actions themselves, in my opinion, weren't too far over the line. Tindall might have had some explaining to do when he got home, but personally it doesn't bother me what he gets up to on a night out, and it doesn't bother me that he was on a night out. The story I have heard about the Haskell affair was that she was joining in with the banter until one of them said something that she took offence too. It wasn't like she didn't play a part.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by England rugby fan Mon 14 Nov 2011, 6:57 pm

TycroesOsprey wrote:
Yes there is I drove past that junction today. Another Metro fact?

Here is a pictire of that Hard Shoulder.

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/388330

Thanks for proving me right, the photo clearly shows the hard shoulder stopping where the armco is and there is no hard shoulder all the way up to the roundabout at the junction.

I'm glad you find it funny that Powell was driving an untaxed, unmot'd, uninsured vehicle whilst over the drink drive limit.

Powells incident was far more dangerous than what Tuilagi did as it could have put other peoples life in danger.

England rugby fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Mon 14 Nov 2011, 7:03 pm

How is that so.

Had Tuilagi needed to be rescued do you not think that puts people's lives in danger

I can assure you it does

To argue that one of these incidents is somehow more dangerous than the other is plain stupid on your part

And before you start spouting about tax/insurance and MOT and showing your continued ignorance, check you road traffic act, a golf buggy is not a vehicle intended for the road so none of these requirements are met

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Mon 14 Nov 2011, 8:44 pm

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2323270

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1516511

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2486732

Theres images of the junction with the hard shoulder clearly displayed in both directions, including the approcach to the junction where you state "there is no hard shoulder all the way up to the roundabout at the junction".

I drive past that junction every week and have had my car die just before it in the past, where I stopped heavens above on the hard shoulder! As for finding it funny of course stupidity is funny its the basis of many strands comedy.

Whats more amusing than your fail claim there was no hard shoulder is your attempt to deflect criticism of Englands behaviour in the last two months onto a welsh player castigated and dropped for his behaviour 2 years ago.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Mon 14 Nov 2011, 8:49 pm

TycroesOsprey wrote:http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2323270

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1516511

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2486732

Theres images of the junction with the hard shoulder clearly displayed in both directions, including the approcach to the junction where you state "there is no hard shoulder all the way up to the roundabout at the junction".

I drive past that junction every week and have had my car die just before it in the past, where I stopped heavens above on the hard shoulder! As for finding it funny of course stupidity is funny its the basis of many strands comedy.

Whats more amusing than your fail claim there was no hard shoulder is your attempt to deflect criticism of Englands behaviour in the last two months onto a welsh player castigated and dropped for his behaviour 2 years ago.

i agree

Its' just not golf cricket rugby

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Mon 14 Nov 2011, 8:52 pm

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23811061-wales-rugby-star-andy-powell-in-court-over-golf-buggy-drink-driving-charge.do

And theres the article from the standard which again states quite clearly driving up the hard shoulder. I know its not the metro but the standards a free paper now as well. thumbsup

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Nov 2011, 9:00 pm

This is a cracking thread! Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by England rugby fan Mon 14 Nov 2011, 10:33 pm

Why would you post photos of the approach to J33 of the motorway clearly showing the lack of hard shoulder and 4 lanes of motorway and then post photos of the approach to J34 which only has 3 lanes ?

You seem to think it's quite reasonable to drive a vehicle that is not allowed on the public highway to be driven on a motorway because it doesn't need road tax, etc, etc ? :doh

From the link provided above, "Powell, 28, was arrested at a service station at junction 33 of the M4" I suggest you check Google Street view from the place where the first photo of the motorway near J33 up to the roundabout, I think you'll find as I previously stated that it is indeed has no hard shoulder.

England rugby fan

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 14 Nov 2011, 10:52 pm

TycroesOsprey wrote:
England rugby fan wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

Yep I was pretty embarressd by the welsh players behaviour. Phillips drunk has a fight with a bouncer outside McDonalds, pretty embarrassing for Welsh Rugby I would say he was rightly suspended from the squad. Powell simmilarly fighting with QPR fans in walkabout, lost his job at Wasps and was castigated. Rightly dropped from the squad after his buggy ride. Henson abusing a passenger on the train and then injured himself in a drunken game of slaps. Yep embarressing and deserved his fine. They let the jersey down and the fans who pay their wages and were promptly punished for it.

If your not embarressed by the dwarf throwing, lager swilling, blonde kissing, walkie talkie stealing, hotel maid abusing, drunken diving, mouthguard advertising. underperforming shower then Id suggest that is a reason players behave that way. The welsh players were rightly castigated at home and by the WRU and it has led to a change in attitude and behaviour.

I agree most nations would find the behaviour displayed by the England Players while at a RWC as embarrassing. I am amazed that so many England fans and Management do not.

As you say, when this has happened in Wales players were punished, fined and suspended. Playing players, key players.

To not find drunkness by international sports professional an embarrassment is baffling.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by England rugby fan Mon 14 Nov 2011, 11:09 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
To not find drunkness by international sports professional an embarrassment is baffling.

No it isn't. Were you embarrassed for ROG when he was pictured "copping a feel" whilst under the influence ? Were you embarrassed when the NZ player drunkenly caused damage to a car after RWC 2007 ? Or are you taking the moral high ground because it's an England player that has had a few drinks ?

England rugby fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 15 Nov 2011, 8:27 am

Zac Guilford?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon 28 Nov 2011, 8:22 pm

I see Tindall's fine has been reduced to £15,000 and has been reinstated to the EPS

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Mon 28 Nov 2011, 8:24 pm

Davie wrote:I see Tindall's fine has been reduced to £15,000 and has been reinstated to the EPS
Bye bye Teflon

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Mon 28 Nov 2011, 8:27 pm

i am cosntantly embarassed by welsh players behaviour...the only one that didn't completely embarass me was golf cart gate largely cos it was funny as feck. The rest of the stuff welsh players used to get up to was terrible.

If you have an iota of pride in your team you would be highly embarassed by england's RWC.

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon 28 Nov 2011, 8:31 pm

Yeah getting your bald spot kissed by some blonde bint - or endangering lives by driving a golf cart, p*ssed down a motorway.

I know which one I find "funny as feck"

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Mon 28 Nov 2011, 8:53 pm

endangering lives....oooh so dramatic

who is comparing the incidents, not me. I am saying that if you have any pride in your team you would find their behaviour embarassing not as a rugby player but because i am proud of my professional, national rugby team

oh well, not every one values pride

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Mon 28 Nov 2011, 9:06 pm

If has stated Tindalls fine has been rduced that is fine by me,i personaly dont understand why is was fined so long after the RWC was over.

Secondly restoring him to the EPS, errrrrmmmmm Not so sure that is a good idea, surely his time has come like Moody to retire from the international game.

Why dont he accept the lower amount of fine and say, NO more England for me thank you very mutch.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Mon 28 Nov 2011, 9:12 pm

I wonder if, theoretically speaking of course, you can buy an honour for about 10k?

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Mon 28 Nov 2011, 11:39 pm

Spineless idiots.

Tindal lied about his whereabouts or he was so drunk he couldnt remember - neither is acceptable behaviour.

this is just nonsense.

Wales disciplined their players who misbehaved - Tindal gets away with it - remember this is no the first time he has been in trouble with alcohol

England need to get some discipline into the squad and to behave in a dignified and decent manner.

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 28 Nov 2011, 11:42 pm

Gatts wrote:I wonder if, theoretically speaking of course, you can buy an honour for about 10k?
I think the RFU have more power than that, if they want to hand out honours they would do so...! By the way if you know any talented illegal immigrant rugby players they also hand out passports too...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by England rugby fan Mon 28 Nov 2011, 11:53 pm

Gatts wrote:i am cosntantly embarassed by welsh players behaviour...the only one that didn't completely embarass me was golf cart gate largely cos it was funny as feck. The rest of the stuff welsh players used to get up to was terrible.

If you have an iota of pride in your team you would be highly embarassed by england's RWC.

So, you find it funny that Powell drove a vehicle down a motorway whilst drunk ? Mike Tindall has twice been banned for drink driving, do you find that funny as well ?

What is there to be embarassed about by Englands RWC ? They had less nights out than several other sides, Ireland being one of them. Their plaers didn't fight each other on a night out (Wales). Their manager didn't get fined 100 pigs and they didn't lose three games at the RWC. Or is it just because it's England that you're setting a mock indignation at their behaviour ? I thought so.

Tindall has been disciplined to the tune of £15000. I see Mike Phillips, Shane Williams, Gavin Henson et al still play or are available for their national side, that must be due to their dignified bahaviour.

Last edited by England rugby fan on Tue 29 Nov 2011, 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total

England rugby fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Mon 28 Nov 2011, 11:57 pm

Davie wrote:Yeah getting your bald spot kissed by some blonde bint - or endangering lives by driving a golf cart, p*ssed down a motorway.

Would I rather be hit by a 15 mph golf buggy or a 140 mph Range Rover Sport chin

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by England rugby fan Tue 29 Nov 2011, 12:01 am

Cymroglan wrote:
Davie wrote:Yeah getting your bald spot kissed by some blonde bint - or endangering lives by driving a golf cart, p*ssed down a motorway.

Would I rather be hit by a 15 mph golf buggy or a 140 mph Range Rover Sport chin

Would you rather be in a 40 tonne vehicle and swerve to miss a 15mph golf buggy, hit and go through the central reservation to hit other traffic head on or be overtaken by a 140 Range Rover Sport ?

England rugby fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Tue 29 Nov 2011, 12:13 am

England rugby fan

Powell was a fool extremely embarrassing for Wales and he was banned for 15 months and given a fine and rightly so,
He was also chucked out of the squad and that taught him a lesson there has been no nonsense from him since
Tindall has been done for drink driving twice second time was in a Range Rover Sport on the M4 and in my opinion once is bad but to do it twice should be a prison term.
Selecting him as captain ? do you think that's right a man who cant even control himself is given the responsibility of leading a national team. I think not.

As for this nonsense about Wales having lost three matches could it be due to the fact we played more matches than any of the home nations.
Count the win loss ratio if you wish but Wales finished 4rth in the World Cup.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by England rugby fan Tue 29 Nov 2011, 12:30 am

Powell was on Wales duty when he was caught drink driving, hence the dropping from the Welsh squad.

Who cares if Wales finished 4th in the RWC ? We were told countless times by plenty of Welsh "fans" that Englands 2nd place meant nothing as they came 2nd. So 4th place is even more worthless. OK

England rugby fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Tue 29 Nov 2011, 12:38 am

England finishing second was a fantastic achievement great for NH rugby and so was the fact that France got to the final this year.
But you and and also one or two from Wales are obsessed with this England Wales nonsense.
You are not rugby fans all you are doing is using sport as a excuse to vent your insecurities.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Tue 29 Nov 2011, 12:44 am

Hopefully Tindall gets removed from the EPS in January on performances anyway. Give me Tuilagi and Trinder any day.

I think the fine was a little harsh to begin with, but having set it so high they should have stuck with it, it sends out the wrong messages to lessen the fine. Saying that the RFU is such a shambles right now it's no surprise that they're flip-flopping around on this matter.

Tindall has been punished by the law for his previous drink driving offences, and he avoided a prison term because they were 9 years apart (I think the conviction isn't taken into account more than 5 years after the conviction date per the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act), and I don't think his indiscretion in New Zealand matches up to either of these convictions (or Powell's golf-buggy) in terms of seriousness: we're talking about breaking team policy by staying out too late and lying to the management, not breaking the law. Although I wouldn't shed a tear if he never pulled on an England shirt again, this incident alone shouldn't permanently close the door on him. The problem with the initial sanction was the fine was too large and the ban was too wafty: taking him out of the EPS didn't actually rule him out of any England games, nor did it offer a set-in-stone date when Tindall would be eligible for selection again. I think an initial fine of £10k and a 6 month ban from playing for England (ruling him out of the Six Nations, but probably effectively ending his International career due to his age and his form) would have been a better initial punishment and one that could have been upheld when appealed against.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Tue 29 Nov 2011, 12:50 am

robbo

•Must disqualify for at least 3 years if offender has been convicted of a relevant offence in preceding 10 years

How long does a drink drive conviction stay on my driving licence?

The conviction will be valid for 10 years and can be removed from your licence 11 years after the event

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next