The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regal Vs Bryan - Superstars

+5
Aaronb33
MtotheC
ncfc_Tooze
JamesLincs
thetank89
9 posters

Go down

Regal Vs Bryan - Superstars Empty Regal Vs Bryan - Superstars

Post by thetank89 Fri 11 Nov 2011, 1:08 pm

Hi everyone, i've been reading this forum for a while now and fancied getting involved a bit so here is my first attempt.

Just wondering if anybody else has watched the Regal vs Bryan match from this weeks Superstars? Obviously the two know each other inside out and managed to put on what I thought was a very entertaining and extremely good technical match. My main point is would you like to see more matches like this one as opposed to the 'high flying' style of Sin Cara, or the 'parkour' stuff JoMo is currently offering up?

Thanks

thetank89

Back to top Go down

Regal Vs Bryan - Superstars Empty Re: Regal Vs Bryan - Superstars

Post by JamesLincs Fri 11 Nov 2011, 1:10 pm

i would honestly rather see that match rather than cena v del rio

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Fri 11 Nov 2011, 1:11 pm

I do prefer a good technical match compared to the flippy floppy high flyer matches

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri 11 Nov 2011, 4:51 pm

I find the new era of wrestling far to 'high flying'! I just think that the sin Cara's of this world take away from the fight aspects of wrestling and turn it into a circus style performance, it comes across far to choreographed and gymnast like. Of course i can appreciate the athleticism but as wrestlers are always trying to push the envelope and reach new ground with what they do in the ring that the roots of wrestling especially move sets can fall by the way side. I would rather watch a technically sound match full of 'classic' moves than the top turnbuckle, top rope spring board etc etc etc that wrestling has evolved into. Don't get me wrong i think that wrestlers should always be trying to improve and introduce new elements into their performance but IMO the basic fundamental moves that were around for decades seam to be featuring less and less. I would like to see a little less high risk and little more thought, basically I would rather see a new generation of Brett harts coming through than a new generation of jeff hardy's

(the later part of this post is taken from my posting on the belly 2 belly thread- just thought it was relevant to this as well)

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Sat 12 Nov 2011, 12:46 am

I'm a huge fan of technical wrestling, and especially long, well sequenced chain wrestling. But, I don't think it appeals to the 7 year old casual viewer who is the main source of income for the E. I know when I was a kid, I was always into the Luchas and Cruisers, but now I agree there is too much of it for it to be an attraction. It's the old adage, always leave them wanting more. Nobody wants any more if they've already seen all they can see.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by BigPhil Sat 12 Nov 2011, 3:53 pm

Welcome

I think the majority of people on this site would prefer a technical wrestling match over a 'high flying' match.

However my point is similar to the bloke above. In this age of WWE 'entertainment', technical wrestling isn't favoured because it doesn't look glamorous enough. High flyers like Sin Cara may well not put on the greatest match but the acrobatics that they perform seem special to the WWE's true audience of 'casual' and younger viewers. The shows need to look lively to these viewers or else they'll simply and ignorantly get bored.

WWE should balance out technical wrestling and acrobatics, but I doubt they will. They may presume that people who would want technical matches would have left the product to watch UFC or something.

BigPhil

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sat 12 Nov 2011, 4:05 pm

I think there's a big difference between the high flying matches in WWE to those in the indys.
Compare Evan Bourne in WWE to what he was like as Matt Sydal in ROH and other indy matches and he's a very different wrestler.
You can have an excellent high flying match, it's just that WWE turn it in a formulaic cartoon.
Check out PAC & Jack Evans to see what can be done when allowed.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonee21 Sat 12 Nov 2011, 4:08 pm

I quite enjoy high flying wrestling when done well, sadly the high flyers have been pretty poor lately especially Sin Cara and Hunico who seem to be competing for the record of most botches in one feud.

Where as you compare to the likes of J Hardy, RVD (from his WWE days) and JoMo who whilst still get it wrong on occasions they are much more reliable to get it right or at least cover their mistakes.

A blend is what is needed but the WWE seem reluctant to do what they use to and pit the high flyers against the technical and powerful wrestlers, one of my favourite matches was Hardy vs Taker on Raw in the ladder match. It just goes stale when it's high flyer a vs high flyer b, the contrast between flying and power is brilliant match making.

Stonee21

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Sat 12 Nov 2011, 4:17 pm

Stonee21 wrote:A blend is what is needed but the WWE seem reluctant to do what they use to and pit the high flyers against the technical and powerful wrestlers, one of my favourite matches was Hardy vs Taker on Raw in the ladder match. It just goes stale when it's high flyer a vs high flyer b, the contrast between flying and power is brilliant match making.

What a match that was! i totally agree, wrestling should be about a mix of styles and a blend of techniques to give the fans a better viewing experience.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 12 Nov 2011, 4:23 pm

Not seen it , but i would watch Superstars to see these two wrestle each other . Technical wrestling for me every time .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonee21 Sat 12 Nov 2011, 4:25 pm

Wasn't it just MtotheC, I watched it the other night and I remember at the time I genuinely didn't give Hardy any chance of being a world champion but by the end of it he certainly proved me and a lot of other people that he could be a main event star.

Stonee21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down