The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

606 Eclectic - LAST CHANCE TO GET YOUR COMPLETED CARDS TO ME!!

+4
drive4show
Rossa
LondonJonnyO
oldshanker
8 posters

Go down

606 Eclectic - LAST CHANCE TO GET YOUR COMPLETED CARDS TO ME!! Empty 606 Eclectic - LAST CHANCE TO GET YOUR COMPLETED CARDS TO ME!!

Post by oldshanker Mon 07 Mar 2011, 11:12 pm

We are now just 3 weeks from the end of this 4 month long eclectic competition. The competitors have battled with the worst weather for many years, numerous temporary greens, closed courses (in fact 1grumpygolfers course is still completely buried in the white stuff) and injury. My God have you all had your problems.

JDandFries - torn medial ligaments
Londonjonnyo - broken toes
Golfermartin - knocked off bike
Smithersjones - ankle injury
I'm also sure someone has had a shoulder injury

Some have never got started - JAS
Some have struggled to score - oldparwin
Some have flown and then stopped - Maverick

This then is the state of affairs with 3 weeks to run, I will update weekly from now and does not include the multiplier/divisor needed to level out the playing field.

The leader in the clubhouse (at the moment):-

Doc - 16 under after 8 rounds (his course is run)
1grumpygolfer - 13 under after 7 rounds (his course is snowbound)
Mercurio - 12 under after 8 rounds (his course is run)
Londonjonnyo - 12 under after 5 rounds (was the favourite, but now with the injury and a new course is an unknown)
Rossa - 9 under after 6 rounds (will have to get a real shift on if he wants to be the champ)
Drive4show - 8 under after 6 rounds (D4S started slowly, but could be up there if he strings 2 of his best rounds together)
Noshankintonite - 8 under after 5 rounds (a higher handicapper who could easily hit some low scores and move up)
Theshanker - 8 under after 4 rounds (could be a very good each way bet - except you get nothing for coming 2nd - actually you get nothing for coming 1st either)
Maverick - 8 under after 2 rounds (would be a good bet, but now spends most of his time training the sprogs so they can keep him in a manner he would like to become accustomed to)
JDandfries - 8 under after 2 rounds (was an early favourite, but torn ligaments may have put an end to his charge)
Golfermartin - 5 under after 3 rounds (was coming good, but had to stop his last round early, the pain was too much)
Thesetupetc.etc. - 4 under after 2 rounds (not much feedback from setup, but he is a scot, so has probably had a few weather issues)
Smitherjones - 3 under after 4 rounds (struggling to complete the competition)
Oldparwin - level after 2 rounds (is convinced he is surrounded by cowboys - yippe yi ay coyote)
JAS - no results so far (has played a lot of golf over the winter - just not much of it was on his home course)

So still not set in stone and everything (well nothing really) to play for.

thumbsup

Update - 2 weeks to go!!!!!

Still waiting for some participants to send me their rounds and the snow came back to Scotland

Doc - 16 under and finished
1GG - 13 under after 7
The Shanker - 13 under after 5
Mercurio - 12 under and finished
JD - 12 under after 3
LJ - 12 under after 5
D4S - 11 under and finished
Rossa - 9 under after 6
Maverick - 8 under after 2
NST - 8 under after 5
Golfermartin - 5 under after 3
Setup - 4 under after 3
SJ - 3 under after 4
Oldparwin - level after 2

I know some of you are sitting on some cards. Not long now!

It's time to take the gloves off and make a push towards the top. boxing

Oldshanker

Last edited by oldshanker on Sat 02 Apr 2011, 10:10 am; edited 4 times in total
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

606 Eclectic - LAST CHANCE TO GET YOUR COMPLETED CARDS TO ME!! Empty Re: 606 Eclectic - LAST CHANCE TO GET YOUR COMPLETED CARDS TO ME!!

Post by LondonJonnyO Mon 07 Mar 2011, 11:22 pm

make that 5 rounds, same score. It was so slow round there I walked off the course after 14 holes. Had to get home to play with the little fella.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

606 Eclectic - LAST CHANCE TO GET YOUR COMPLETED CARDS TO ME!! Empty Re: 606 Eclectic - LAST CHANCE TO GET YOUR COMPLETED CARDS TO ME!!

Post by oldshanker Mon 07 Mar 2011, 11:26 pm

Shocked Is that a euphamism?
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossa Tue 08 Mar 2011, 10:18 am

Crumbs, this has snuck up on me...

Friday 11th - this my only chance to play - may not be a full round.... other than

Medal on the 19th so that will be my last round...

Rossa
Rossa

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Tue 08 Mar 2011, 11:45 am

Medal for me on Saturday = card #7

It's gonna be a good'un, I can feel it in my water :run2:

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Tue 08 Mar 2011, 12:13 pm

It is my firmly held conviction that due to injury I am entitled to 4 shots back.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Tue 08 Mar 2011, 9:13 pm

Which 4 would you like back LJ? I can offer you that drive you hit at WM that ended in the umbala, but I generously found for you!

D4S and Rossa - have a good one.
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by SetupDeterminesTheMotion Thu 10 Mar 2011, 3:54 pm

I have a scorecard from the week before last & hopefully weather dependant another round this Saturday..... randy
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
SetupDeterminesTheMotion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossa Wed 16 Mar 2011, 8:56 pm

os,

Didn't get out friday in the end...Medal on Saturday though...
Rossa
Rossa

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 17 Mar 2011, 11:05 am

Bumping this just to reflect the fact that the first post in the thread has been updated

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by golfermartin Mon 21 Mar 2011, 4:14 pm

Oldshanker, I make it that I am 1 under gross after 4 or 5 rounds now (depending upon whether you count the 12 holes on 26th Feb as a round or not), had a birdie 2 on the third on 13th March. I'm sure I emailed it through to you?

Martin

golfermartin

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Mon 21 Mar 2011, 5:43 pm

GM - didn't count the 12 holes, haven't added the birdie yet, but do have the info. At the moment, you are 5 under on the eclectic after 3 rounds with the round on the 13th to come.
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Fri 25 Mar 2011, 10:41 pm

LAST WEEKEND THIS WEEK.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR FINAL CARDS EMAILED TO ME BY SUNDAY 3rd APRIL

:yawn:
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Mon 04 Apr 2011, 9:04 pm

Sorry oldshanker failed terribly to get cards to you, this was due to moving house (think my scanner is still in box somewhere).

Sorry

oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossa Tue 05 Apr 2011, 10:38 am

Sorry for not letting you know.. last few cards were no good Sad

Last weekend i played 36 holes and hit gross 5 birdies... alas too little to late...

-9 finish it it then, not bad Smile
Rossa
Rossa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down