The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faces in the Crowd between points

5 posters

Go down

Faces in the Crowd between points Empty Faces in the Crowd between points

Post by bogbrush Sun 13 Nov 2011, 2:58 pm

Open letter to all TV producers of tennis matches.

Thank you for all your efforts in bringing tennis to us from around the World. We love the coverage and the angles. But please, please, will you stop cutting to pictures of people in the crowd between points?

During a game we are focussed on the players and the play. We like to see some replays, although perhaps just one for a rally, but we don't really understand why you think we want to look at the faces of people we don't know and care less about. The "funny" antics, the banners and silly faces, and even less the absurdly serious faces of older people who really should know better at their age to be behaving like adolescent fanboys/girls (special mention for the ridiculous antics of the old French guy "in charge" of French tennis that we keep seeing this week, and his even more unnerving wife).

We also don't really need to see, more than once or twice, what the coach of a player is looking like. Relatives are quite irrelevent and not interesting at all, so none please.

And perhaps most of all, when the match concludes and we want to see the players and their reactions, we certainly don't need to be deprived of that in favour of checking whether the players girlfriend/wife/mother is happy or sad. We really don't. Honest.

So all in all, thank you very much for what you do, but please stop showing us people who aren't part of the match, people none of us tuned in with the hope of seeing, and just stick to the event and the players.

Thank you.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Faces in the Crowd between points Empty Re: Faces in the Crowd between points

Post by Tenez Sun 13 Nov 2011, 3:05 pm

Agreed! IF it was Nadal Djoko in teh final, we'd have time to see every one in the crowd and learn their names and birth dates!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Nov 2011, 4:07 pm

Also agree,

Plus can we get rid of the ridiculous cringeworthy kiss games at changeovers on the US hardcourt series.

Plus stop showing us z-list celebs who nobody knows. And commentators stop telling us who they are.

I feel like I've lost another piece of my soul everytime I learn the name of one of these non entities.

ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 13 Nov 2011, 4:26 pm

I guess bogbrush would prefer it if it were like Shanghai, no faces in the stadium at all until Federer or Nadal are playing. Zzzzz
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun 13 Nov 2011, 4:27 pm

Tenez wrote:Agreed! IF it was Nadal Djoko in teh final, we'd have time to see every one in the crowd and learn their names and birth dates!
boxing

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sun 13 Nov 2011, 5:51 pm

They certainly couldnt keep the camera off Berdy's girlfriend the other day...
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 13 Nov 2011, 6:22 pm

lydian wrote:They certainly couldnt keep the camera off Berdy's girlfriend the other day...

I'll allow exceptions in special cases. But I have to interview the person to make sure.

As for Josiah, if in Shanghai they just watched the tennis then I could stand that.

The best thing about today was that we got to see how shockingly tiny that French guy was, plus his wife was kept off screen, probably because she was crying.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 14 Nov 2011, 7:03 am

If I see that "Shhh..... Genius at Work" banner again I'll throw something at the telly.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down